Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

one of the bloodline rules is "people named cody cant win"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I think I've been spoiled by the good matches on AEW every week cos I thought Mania night 1 sucked absolute poo poo all around, bar the chaos of the last ten mins of the main event. Everyone is slow, their moves look poo poo. Awful awful awful.

The thing that killed WWE more than anything for me, about 10 years ago when I stopped watching, was seeing guys like Shingo Takagi and Masato Yoshino wrestle and then having to come back and watch a Randy Orton match.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Kvlt! posted:

Cody Hall is all set to run in but hears this rule and slinks out of the arena.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kvlt! posted:

Stardust return confirmed

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

A show so bad it got QoP to break his gimmick :(

No gimmicks from me, ever.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Dimebags Brain posted:

The thing that killed WWE more than anything for me, about 10 years ago when I stopped watching, was seeing guys like Shingo Takagi and Masato Yoshino wrestle and then having to come back and watch a Randy Orton match.

i hope tozawa is getting paid good cause he nearly got killed on smackdown

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

Stardust is back!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The sheer amount of bullshit they're going to throw at tonight's main event is going to be staggering.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Joey McChrist posted:

i hope tozawa is getting paid good cause he nearly got killed on smackdown

the guy who spent most of the last five years chasing after the 24/7 title but like never getting it is probably being paid around a milly per month, yeah

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

rotinaj posted:

the guy who spent most of the last five years chasing after the 24/7 title but like never getting it is probably being paid around a milly per month, yeah

More like 200k a year but still

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

super macho dude posted:

More like 200k a year but still

I don't think he's making that either, no

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

he might be making $200k but he’s also paying for all of his travel 52 weeks a year

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Quantum of Phallus posted:

No gimmicks from me, ever.

Rovert confirmed :(

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

super macho dude posted:

The sheer amount of bullshit they're going to throw at tonight's main event is going to be staggering.

I'd laugh if they have Tama Tonga and Jacob Fatu debut and cost Cody the title. Laugh I say!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NotThatTomGreen/status/1777048028303483013

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

accident post sorry

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 8, 2024

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

accident post

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

idk what that chokeslam was but it ruled.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Huh, is the action figure already on the injured list too? Is that why it's in street clothes?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I still think even if Cody wins the story leaving the event will be Rock vs Roman for the bloodline’s head of the table or whatever. It’s probably how Cody wins, the Rock stops everyone from helping Roman because he’s not worthy. Then since the boring old Cody story is finally finished, they can get to the real deal: Rock vs Roman

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Cody winning and being immediately second fiddle surely won't happen now that the bad man is no longer in the building to sabotage the fan faves like he did before

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
is it chilly in philly?

edit: wrong thread. still an important question though.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cody getting the title to fill the gap till the Netflix deal starts and than Roman/Rock squashes him for the title feel like the gameplan especially with Roman wanting to take more time off

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Netflix Champion could be a fun gimmick. Time limits measured in streamed minutes & the such

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Just learned that Punishment Martinez cashed in on Drew. It's a little cool/funny to me that Damian Priest is some kind of world champion, even the consolation prize belt, now, because in 2019 an old roommate of mine took me and my partner to an NXT house show and at it the announcer hyped up that we were going to see a big debut of a new signing and this guy called Punishment Martinez came out to destroy Chris Hero. I hadn't really watched any wrestling since early 2018, and I hadn't really been following that era of ROH particularly closely outside of the Cody/Kenny/Bucks stuff, so we had no idea who he was but thought his name was hilarious so we starting popping extra hard for all of his offense and lead rousing chants of "Punishment" as he did the squash. Some time later we found that someone had posted a "house show report" of that event on Reddit where they specifically noted that Punishment Martinez was "really over for some reason".

He should have cashed in on Cody to end the night.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Majinfoose posted:

The real losers are the people watching this poo poo

and yet you're watching it. curious

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Just learned that Punishment Martinez cashed in on Drew. It's a little cool/funny to me that Damian Priest is some kind of world champion, even the consolation prize belt, now, because in 2019 an old roommate of mine took me and my partner to an NXT house show and at it the announcer hyped up that we were going to see a big debut of a new signing and this guy called Punishment Martinez came out to destroy Chris Hero. I hadn't really watched any wrestling since early 2018, and I hadn't really been following that era of ROH particularly closely outside of the Cody/Kenny/Bucks stuff, so we had no idea who he was but thought his name was hilarious so we starting popping extra hard for all of his offense and lead rousing chants of "Punishment" as he did the squash. Some time later we found that someone had posted a "house show report" of that event on Reddit where they specifically noted that Punishment Martinez was "really over for some reason".

Punishment is great as is judgement day. Glad Cody is safe that was my biggest fear

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Did punk say anything wacky or uncharacteristic on commentary

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

We had similar results with our 'Sabatelli Section' at a local NXT event in 2016, great fun

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

Did punk say anything wacky or uncharacteristic on commentary

he said that forums poster projecthalaxy is a dweeb

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

rotinaj posted:

He didn’t say that

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
wrestling has more than one royal family. the mcmahons and the a'noi-johnsons.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

rotinaj posted:

First honest thing hes said in years

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

a dumb moron posted:

He didn’t say that

he said it you son of a bitch

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

mcmahons, rhodeses, haus of saud

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

randy orton would wrestle rings around 2/3rds of the current roster

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

randy orton would wrestle rings around 2/3rds of the current roster

which roster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

randy orton putting whichever of the usos in a headlock and going 'dont worry son, hang on tight and ill get us through this' and then he does another headlock