Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
for the last time, it's full've

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

dr_rat posted:

a centipede child

those movies got DARK

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
from the poster I definitely thought human centipede would be about a monster created from an insane limb-grafting experiment and I understood why that would be getting a lot of buzz, that's a badass idea. I was so loving confused when it turned out to be about a poop train

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Cubone posted:

from the poster I definitely thought human centipede would be about a monster created from an insane limb-grafting experiment and I understood why that would be getting a lot of buzz, that's a badass idea. I was so loving confused when it turned out to be about a poop train

same. i would love to see the movie i imagined from that poster

Cubone
May 26, 2011

"throwback to the gory glory days of Cronenberg"
infuriating.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

dude have you seen Siren Oceanus?

"oh wow, is this about like an actual mythological mermaid and it's like a monster fish woman?"
no, check it out: this crazy doctor shoves fish up people's asses, and that's the whole movie

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

colonelwest posted:

Yeah but you’re forgetting that Dr. Richard Evans is one of the world’s foremost experts on East Asian language and culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiPZwwvH6aM

Oh wow, he even got the Hunan province accent down pat.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Cubone posted:

"throwback to the gory glory days of Cronenberg"
infuriating.

There was a certain type of lovely late-00s shock-cinema nerd who was way too into that piece of poo poo movie. Like, in 2010 a projectionist at the Alamo Drafthouse got a tattoo of the graphic from the movie (and the Alamo Drafthouse made a proud blog post about it).

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
being transgressive in and of itself is no different than subversion for subversion's sake. i never got into that strain of boundary-pushing trash that jay seems to admire. fans of that kind of stuff are in my experience universally insufferable

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I think Jay is more interested in artfully done boundary-pushing trash, more than the Human Centipede-style "woah, I totally went there" trash. Though to be certain we probably need to get him to do a re:View on the films of Gregg Araki:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZM-vG8DcRc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8SzujSn3CY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQuWVJUA-wc

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The First Omen was intense, almost as intense as the Abbott and Costello routine that occurs whenever you tell someone you saw it

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

The Chad Jihad posted:

The First Omen was intense, almost as intense as the Abbott and Costello routine that occurs whenever you tell someone you saw it

I became mildly interested when I saw nell tiger free is in it, she's good at being creepy

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Watching that AppleTV show “Constellation” now, it’s pretty good! The first ep looks like they spent gobs of money on it with all the sets and fx. Gets kinda creepy, I dig it so far.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TIP posted:

I became mildly interested when I saw nell tiger free is in it, she's good at being creepy
She isn't as good as Sydney Sweeney is at the end of Immaculate, but she is pretty good. I love Ralph Ineseon, too, so his presence in The First Omen was excellent.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Does that new Omen movie have a CGI Gregory Peck or David Warner?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
The setting of Miracle Mile seem appropriate for YOTL 2024.

That's how I prefer to go out, none of the WWZ poo poo.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Endless Trash posted:

Me to the police when they find the mass grave:

Now wait, officer.... this isn't what it..... I mean. Okay, yeah, those are bodies, but.... like... there's only 8 of them there. Can we really 8 a "mass" grave? I thought you had to at least get up to even bakers dozen before people start throwing around the ol' massy gravey term, amirite.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Now wait, officer.... this isn't what it..... I mean. Okay, yeah, those are bodies, but.... like... there's only 8 of them there. Can we really 8 a "mass" grave? I thought you had to at least get up to even bakers dozen before people start throwing around the ol' massy gravey term, amirite.

All those dead kids are actually 1000 year old demon girls.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Mordja posted:

All those dead kids are actually 1000 year old demon girls.

So uh, yeah.... YEAH! Like, demons, I killed demons. That'd good! I get an award, right? From like the city, or.... the pope?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

So uh, yeah.... YEAH! Like, demons, I killed demons. That'd good! I get an award, right? From like the city, or.... the pope?

That’s enough now, Alex Jones.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

Watching that AppleTV show “Constellation” now, it’s pretty good! The first ep looks like they spent gobs of money on it with all the sets and fx. Gets kinda creepy, I dig it so far.

Wow, a new Star Trek about Captain Picard's first command!

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Failson posted:

Not ENOUGH trauma as back history for NuTrek

When are we getting our Tasha Yar gang rape planet series?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Failson posted:

no it's actually a prequel to Prometheus as we find out how Shaw became an astronaut!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

priznat posted:

no it's actually a prequel to Prometheus as we find out how Shaw became an astronaut!

After she worked with Bond journalist to exposed Nazi criminals in Sweden.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Cubone posted:

dude have you seen Siren Oceanus?

"oh wow, is this about like an actual mythological mermaid and it's like a monster fish woman?"
no, check it out: this crazy doctor shoves fish up people's asses, and that's the whole movie

I didn't know there was a new Jimmy Page documentary

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

stephenthinkpad posted:

After she worked with Bond journalist to exposed Nazi criminals in Sweden.

Funny because she played Lisbeth in the swedish version that had some other dude and not Craig, lol

(I get her and Rooney Mara mixed up too)

Kingo Ligma posted:

I didn't know there was a new Jimmy Page documentary

it wasn't the rear end I heard?!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
bring back Captain Sisko you fucks

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yet another of the many reasons I insufferably praise DS9 every chance I get: they managed to do a way better "exploring trauma" plot than pretty much every modern show that's trying it these days, in the first episode

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

GoodBadFlicks can be hit-or-miss with their stuff, but they just dropped an episode basically reviewing a bunch of VHS-era oddities that could all be Wheel of the Worst candidates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sliwaqmmPg

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

shove it up your rear end!

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
it sounds like cubone would really like 'tusk' by kevin smith, but it feels weird to recommend cause i haven't seen it

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Pac and Cheese posted:

it sounds like cubone would really like 'tusk' by kevin smith, but it feels weird to recommend cause i haven't seen it

Allow me to alley-oop this post and say yes, watch it I’ve seen it and it was his last good movie

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

The second to last Smith movie I saw the Red State

The last one i saw was Yoga Hosers

Ill never see another. I dont care if he sweeps the goddamn Oscars

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
incredibly jealous of anyone who hasnt seen clerks 3

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Gripweed posted:

they're making more G Gundam. So far literally all they've showed off is art of the new main character

how do you get hair like that? is one of madonnas old bras under there?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

sure okay posted:

I dont care if he sweeps the goddamn Oscars
what if there was an award that was like the oscars but the movies that won were actually good and he swept those?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

dreezy posted:

incredibly jealous of anyone who hasnt seen clerks 3
really this is a very optimistic outlook considering how few people saw that flick. blessed be 99.99% of human beings, those lucky bastards

Burnt_toastist
Sep 2, 2020
To the goon who recommended a blind watch of "Miracle Mile" on tubi, thank you. I had an excellent time.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Burnt_toastist posted:

To the goon who recommended a blind watch of "Miracle Mile" on tubi, thank you. I had an excellent time.
you're welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I didn't see Clerks 3, I didn't even see Clerks 2, AMA