Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Arkage posted:

They really shouldn’t make platinums take this long.

Trophies do not matter and your time spent video gamesing will improve tremendously when you turn off trophy notifications and stop caring about them. If you don't enjoy the process of Doing All The Things, and you don't foresee the eventual payoff (sans system-level "good job" badge) as being enough to make the time spent worth it, then just don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trip Hazard
Jan 17, 2017

DeathChicken posted:

It definitely works, your character just pops over to bop the enemy once no matter where they are. Wow

What happens if you're not currently locked on to any opponent and try to do this?

I'm curious and would test for myself but away from my PS5 currently

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Holding block automatically locks onto the nearest target

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Trip Hazard posted:

What happens if you're not currently locked on to any opponent and try to do this?

I'm curious and would test for myself but away from my PS5 currently

The game always has soft lock so you just target whatever enemy your main character is currently targeting

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

my thoughts on the first part of chapter 10

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

when you saw only one set of footprints in the sand, it was because Tifa carried you

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I don’t think I’ve been more torn on a game than I am on this one in a long time. FF7 was an all-timer for me (like a lot of people), and I really do think that the remakes elevate the character and story to new heights. I do see a lot of brilliance in this game, and completely understand why so many people love it.

But gently caress me the pacing is just absolutely broken at times. The game is a roller-coaster with high highs and deep troughs for me, and a lot of it comes down to these periods where it slows down to a crawl - and not in useful ways, but in ways that absolutely feel like it’s padding out run time.

Like…come on guys. I just got through a great segment with Red’s guardian trial and now I’m back in another one of these meandering slow walking portions of the game and I just want to scream.

Feels a bit like Rebirth swings too far toward excess after Remake, and I kind of hope they find some middle ground for the finale where they’re able to capture the beauty of the world, but structured around a core experience that feels a little tighter and less flabby.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Man I’m finally back to Nibelheim and goddamn did they nail the “gently caress we’re all kinda freaked out about Cloud and none of us are saying it”

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I have to say it
Fort Condor sucks

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

DeafNote posted:

I have to say it
Fort Condor sucks

Reported for speaking the truth

That said, the biggest criticism I have for FF7 is bad minigames. Not the story or the gameplay and that makes it pretty drat good

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 7, 2024

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

My only complaint about it was it really didn't need the super vicious time limit. Maybe I want to play defensively, game :colbert:

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

DeafNote posted:

I have to say it
Fort Condor sucks

It was way better in intermission imo

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Man I’m finally back to Nibelheim and goddamn did they nail the “gently caress we’re all kinda freaked out about Cloud and none of us are saying it”

The game absolutely nails way better than any other version of events how dangerously unstable Cloud is.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

My only complaint about it was it really didn't need the super vicious time limit. Maybe I want to play defensively, game :colbert:

They could have at least given us a little more control over how we build our army.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

VanillaGorilla posted:

I don’t think I’ve been more torn on a game than I am on this one in a long time. FF7 was an all-timer for me (like a lot of people), and I really do think that the remakes elevate the character and story to new heights. I do see a lot of brilliance in this game, and completely understand why so many people love it.

But gently caress me the pacing is just absolutely broken at times. The game is a roller-coaster with high highs and deep troughs for me, and a lot of it comes down to these periods where it slows down to a crawl - and not in useful ways, but in ways that absolutely feel like it’s padding out run time.

Like…come on guys. I just got through a great segment with Red’s guardian trial and now I’m back in another one of these meandering slow walking portions of the game and I just want to scream.

Feels a bit like Rebirth swings too far toward excess after Remake, and I kind of hope they find some middle ground for the finale where they’re able to capture the beauty of the world, but structured around a core experience that feels a little tighter and less flabby.

Couldn't agree more, I was thinking since the Junon area that the game seemed far too much like an overcorrection of the issues with Remake. I didn't do everything and it still felt waaaay too bloated.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

cheeseboy58 posted:

It was way better in intermission imo

Yeah it’s a bummer how it sucks for reasons totally unrelated to the actual basic mechanics, you could definitely make a fun minigame with what’s there.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

RevolverDivider posted:

The game absolutely nails way better than any other version of events how dangerously unstable Cloud is.

The bit where Cloud tells Tifa he's remembered how Zak died here by drowning and she's like - uh... OK... yeah... OK, Cloud, yeah, let me tell Aerith about that though, haha, anyway why don't we just get off this bridge. Chilling!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

up to ch9

So am I missing something, I have 3 bars on Yuffie and 3 bars on Cloud and I try to use the limit break syn move, but its not doable even though it says the cost is 3 for each. And sometimes its just oh I can do it now.

Wow, am I way off the final points mark on these cactaur mini-game portion with Aerith.
Gongaga overworld bgm slaps.

also... omg

It's Cissnei!!

So I'm imagining while Reeve is controlling Cait Sith in his office by himself, he's also doing all the cat-like hand gestures irl, and sometimes the secretary walks in on him doing that.

thewizardofshoe
Feb 24, 2013

I kinda screwed myself a bit at the end by redoing everyone’s Folios to incorporate their Level 3 LB as soon as I unlocked the right Party and Weapon level around the end of chapter 12 or start of chapter 13.

Unfortunately, to do so I ended up dropping some of the synergy abilities on the tree…that left half my party unable to activate their level 3 LBs lol. At least everyone ended up with a good spread of materia and equipment so that saw me through.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Do chadley simulation fights offer party xp? I gave on up ultimate party animal and I'm still at least 60 party xp off level 10 and it's killed my urge to bother with hard mode. Is it possible to max out party level without doing party animal or is it just like the crafting xp where you have to do everything to reach the highest level?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Do chadley simulation fights offer party xp? I gave on up ultimate party animal and I'm still at least 60 party xp off level 10 and it's killed my urge to bother with hard mode. Is it possible to max out party level without doing party animal or is it just like the crafting xp where you have to do everything to reach the highest level?

The hard mode versions of Fort Condor, the Cactaur Guardians stuff, and Gears & Gambits, count for party xp. And I'd assume that Ultimate Party Animal is 10 party xp.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
I'm at the start of CH13 and I'm still barely half way through Party Lv9 and I feel like I've hit everything save for the hard mode of Cactuar Crush & the bugged Party Animal quest

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Party Level 10 does require Absolutely Everything. Like crafting, there is exactly enough EXP available to hit the max level.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Beat the game. Have no idea what happened, it was amazing and heartbreaking. I’ll go ask the spoiler thread in the morning.

What a ride.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Fedule posted:

Party Level 10 does require Absolutely Everything. Like crafting, there is exactly enough EXP available to hit the max level.

Ugh annoying, i might try party animal again when they fix the quest but tbh I'm struggling with the Chocobo race so who knows

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Fedule posted:

ah well, sounds like I'm hosed anyway since the party animal quest is bugged - now I can just focus on finishing the story!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I discovered a use for the Synergy materia - pairing it with Comet on cait sith and just filling the screen with fire to the point of slowdown every fight

Is it actually hitting enemies ? Who knows! Free comet 5 times a fight

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Synergy Comet is hilarious and fairly powerful but watch out for the long cast time; the caster will be forced to stand still for a bit every time and it's just long enough to ruin your plans, especially if you're doing things like trying to capitalise on a stagger.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

I discovered a use for the Synergy materia - pairing it with Comet on cait sith and just filling the screen with fire to the point of slowdown every fight

Is it actually hitting enemies ? Who knows! Free comet 5 times a fight

Something I read on Reddit is that if you put the automatic triangle ability materia on Aerith, she’ll automatically teleport to her arcane ward every time she’d cast a spell when not directly under your control, and that includes from synergy materia. I’m away from my ps5, so I can’t confirm it, but if you really want to fill the screen with comets, that would be the way to do so.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Fedule posted:

Synergy Comet is hilarious and fairly powerful but watch out for the long cast time; the caster will be forced to stand still for a bit every time and it's just long enough to ruin your plans, especially if you're doing things like trying to capitalise on a stagger.

I found this out just now in the classified Zu fight. Thankfully Cait jumped off the moogle so it was still doing something while he stood still

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Something I read on Reddit is that if you put the automatic triangle ability materia on Aerith, she’ll automatically teleport to her arcane ward every time she’d cast a spell when not directly under your control, and that includes from synergy materia. I’m away from my ps5, so I can’t confirm it, but if you really want to fill the screen with comets, that would be the way to do so.

That’s awesome. I didn’t know really get how to use her at all until someone mentioned her synergy attacks are ridiculous

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I liked putting quake with synergy and petrifying all my enemies.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

That’s awesome. I didn’t know really get how to use her at all until someone mentioned her synergy attacks are ridiculous

Radiant Ward is also mandatory if you’re going to control her directly, which often makes sense, since you don’t want Aerith close enough to use spellbound blast, and if Cloud or Yuffie are being focused on by the enemy, they may not have time to safely charge spellblade or foxfire. The main issue is just building ATB, and once you’ve figured that out, she’s a beast. That means first strike materia and ATB boost are golden.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Spellblade is a very good opener because Cloud can easily tank a hit while doing it then you can switch to Aerith.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The real trick is having Aerith with the Synergy + Comet materia, then drop both Arcane and Radiant Ward in the same spot. Can't interrupt the double comets if she's invulnerable while casting spells.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

GateOfD posted:

up to ch9

So am I missing something, I have 3 bars on Yuffie and 3 bars on Cloud and I try to use the limit break syn move, but its not doable even though it says the cost is 3 for each. And sometimes it’s just oh I can do it now.

When you highlight the move in the menu the bars you have will be blue but bars you still need will be red. It’s kind of difficult to see. I don’t know the cost off the top of my head but it could cost 3 for one character and 4 for the other, which is why 3 & 3 doesn’t work. It also costs more to use it a second time in the same battle.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Ive been refighting some of the summons for fun and can someone clarify how Rebirth Flame works in fight against Phoenix?

The description says it will cast rebirth flame if you dont interrupt Empowering Flame but it seems always cast it anyway when 1st stagger ends and you cannot prevent it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Some of the assess briefings are mistranslated for sure. The one about King Zu says it will die in one hit after finishing swan song, but I'm 99% sure it's a mistranslation of saying that swan song will kill you in one hit. I've tried cheesing it with brumal form and auto-revive and the zu is just fine after killing everyone.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Does anyone know if Cait Sith's moogle magic with Pheonix casts rise or rerise or anything neat?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I can't believe they gave Cloud more than one solo fight where his unique ability is almost useless. I especially love it when the enemy has attacks that look like melee attacks, don't have the unblockable exclamation point, and are still unblockable. Bafflingly bad design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Does Aerith have dialogue in part 1 of Remake if you wait for her to do her little jump on the rooftop without her telling you to? I dunno how the thought jumped into my head, but I gotta know