Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Is it just me or is there a renewed push by the govt to justify Israeli actions?
Just seems to have stoked up again in the past few days.

Our government is dumb and poo poo

Free Palestine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Remember that poo poo photoshop?
https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1776702482422300791

:lol:

NotJustANumber99 posted:

non recent charges
These D&D mods are such sensitive little egos.... lol

Tai posted:

Free Palestine
Basically this imo

e: Have some 'incredible' Edith Pritchett:

I thought her stuff was low effort before, but I think even her previous standards are slipping.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 7, 2024

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Is it just me or is there a renewed push by the govt to justify Israeli actions?
Just seems to have stoked up again in the past few days.

Israel's got itself into a strategically disastrous state: they're fighting an aimless war in Gaza, have zero idea of what will happen once it stops, the foundational myth of Israeli invincibility is shattered, the country is split at every level, the economy's cratered, they've alienated their most vital ally and it's now the most loathed and despised country in the world.

As a paranoid settler-colonial state, Israel was always going to react to October 7th with hysterical over the top violence - security through total military superiority is central to Israeli identity - a reaction that may quite possibly have doomed them.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
- Topical topic
- A relatable occurrence
- The conceivably least amusing twee relationship

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
I have to admit that, having encountered some of her cartoons randomly in the past, I'ce occasionally found Edith Pritchett's stuff to be charming and amusing. But learning that she works for the Guardian and is thus almost certainly a nepo baby getting paid to pump out mediocre cartoons just puts a bad taste in my mouth.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

She's the daughter of the Telegraph's cartoonist 'Matt' who infamously gets paid over £650,000 a year.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Pistol_Pete posted:

Israel's got itself into a strategically disastrous state: they're fighting an aimless war in Gaza, have zero idea of what will happen once it stops, the foundational myth of Israeli invincibility is shattered, the country is split at every level, the economy's cratered, they've alienated their most vital ally and it's now the most loathed and despised country in the world.

As a paranoid settler-colonial state, Israel was always going to react to October 7th with hysterical over the top violence - security through total military superiority is central to Israeli identity - a reaction that may quite possibly have doomed them.

They are indeed in quite a pickle.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

josh04 posted:

She's the daughter of the Telegraph's cartoonist 'Matt' who infamously gets paid over £650,000 a year.

That explains so much

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010

fuctifino posted:

That's fair, but most humans would have at least a pre-prepared sentence or use some formal pleasantry to fill the airtime, rather than do the shocked and silent guilty-looking walk of shame.

Any lawyer would tell you to do what she’s doing. The alternative is thinking you are smarter than them and doing an SBF.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

josh04 posted:

lmao

The grauniad never fails to deliver.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Mesopotamia posted:

Any lawyer would tell you to do what she’s doing. The alternative is thinking you are smarter than them and doing an SBF.

I completely get that. My issue is why she didn't do a courteous "no comment" "thank you" loop and at least try to appear less like a guilty thief.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pistol_Pete posted:

I very much disagree that Israel is the most loathed country in the world when Russia exists. As OTT as Israel's response has been, they are at least responding to something. Russia is engaging in a war of naked unprovoked aggression and has indicated that they are willing to be equally genocidal if required.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Jedit posted:

I very much disagree that Israel is the most loathed country in the world when Russia exists. As OTT as Israel's response has been, they are at least responding to something. Russia is engaging in a war of naked unprovoked aggression and has indicated that they are willing to be equally genocidal if required.

Counterpoint: Russia hasn't kept Ukraine as a closed walled concentration camp for decades.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Israel probably is the most loathed country in the world and most of it, sadly, has probably nothing to do with gaza and everything to do with it being full of perfidious jews, because half the world is still racist as poo poo

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Jedit posted:

Actually, we're both wrong:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/most-hated-country

This no doubt very scientific survey states that CHINA is the world's most hated country, with the US being no. 2 and Russia a 3rd place runner up. Israel is at no. 5 and Britain is a disappointing no.11.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
If we still had an empire, I bet we'd be higher up the list :colbert:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Amazing that Venezuela and Guatemala are rattling the largest sabres they can find and shouting "we do not respect the territorial integrity of the Commonwealth" and Britain is sat debating whether to take Russia or Israel off of the cover of their BFFs folder.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
A lot of bold claims in here about the most loathed country when England and America still exist.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

fuctifino posted:

Counterpoint: Russia hasn't kept Ukraine as a closed walled concentration camp for decades.

Russia also hasn't had a friendly press.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Regarding UK carrier chat from the other page, this is a nice little watch

https://youtu.be/EWZPJK91X1I?si=tZJbyyBK4jVBsZ5r

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Microplastics posted:

Israel probably is the most loathed country in the world and most of it, sadly, has probably nothing to do with gaza and everything to do with it being full of perfidious jews, because half the world is still racist as poo poo

I'm gonna assume the vast majority of the recent spike in loathing is due to the genocide tho

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

You wouldn't download a child....

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1777241903529922694

e: I posted this in the good Palestinian thread but I guess should be posted here too
https://twitter.com/Pal_action/status/1776327899374620998

Also, I'm not sure if there's much to be gained from debating which genocide is worse than the other. Both are equally horrific in equally unique ways, and both situations have a completely different history and context.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Apr 8, 2024

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Can't you already check your vaccination record online? Pretty sure all the ones I've had in the last decade or so are available through my GP's website.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

Can't you already check your vaccination record online? Pretty sure all the ones I've had in the last decade or so are available through my GP's website.

That's what I thought when I posted the article. Haven't all of our NHS records been digitised since at least the start of the millenium?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

andyf posted:

Regarding UK carrier chat from the other page, this is a nice little watch

https://youtu.be/EWZPJK91X1I?si=tZJbyyBK4jVBsZ5r

I could watch him until a few years ago but now just get that scrotal abomination out of my sight. :argh:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Just Another Lurker posted:

scrotal abomination
Dominic Cummings' thrash metal band.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

the red book and the booklet thing they give to pregnant women are a couple of the most important developments in women’s and children’s health, sure you can forget it when you go to your appointment but even if you go on holiday to spain or the lakes, the data is physically all there forever and won’t poo poo itself because their EPR doesn’t have a á in the software

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

OwlFancier posted:

Sounds like the sort of system that does not use AI. How could it possibly empower patients and increase efficiency?!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

David Lammy is quickly printing receipts for any up and coming war crimes tribunals/elections. Judging from the replies, people haven't forgotten that he solidly backed Israel's genocide up until recently

https://twitter.com/DavidLammy/status/1776882788613964053

The Foreign Office have stated that the legal advice is going to remain secret

e: LOL, he's getting attacked hard by pro-Israeli people too.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Apr 8, 2024

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Surprised none of the papers have gone with the line that the little red book will be full of quotations from Chairman Corbyn

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Why did he want to ask questions in the pub? Is that because Cameron isn't allowed in the proper bit?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
We got given the red book in the hospital and ever since i've been paranoid about losing it.

It'd be nice to know things were backed up somewhere.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Why did he want to ask questions in the pub? Is that because Cameron isn't allowed in the proper bit?

The bar in this instance is a literal bar that they place across the entrance

This is the closest a Lord can come to being scrutinised by the House of Commons, and I'm not even sure if a Lord can be forced to attend. I wish I lived in a serious country.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Apr 8, 2024

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

serious gaylord posted:

We got given the red book in the hospital and ever since i've been paranoid about losing it.

It'd be nice to know things were backed up somewhere.

also that it would be intelligible, the notes in both my kids books are full of inscrutable scrawl from various doctors visits

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

kecske posted:

also that it would be intelligible, the notes in both my kids books are full of inscrutable scrawl from various doctors visits

If an AI can be trained to actually read doctors handwriting, that could be big.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Maybe he is worried he will leave his kid there again

Edit: Thinking how long ago that was she can probably drink now

Starbucks fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Apr 8, 2024

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

radmonger posted:

If an AI can be trained to actually read doctors handwriting, that could be big.

More and more doctors type these days so you'll get your wish soon :v:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Melty Harris is busy fretting the Tories won’t be “Good Tory” enough to temper Keith’s extreme left wing impulses in government

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
My boys are 23 & 24 and i still have their red books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
We still deal with handwritten prescriptions all the time. There's a doctor at the local CAMHS service who has godawful handwriting such that I can't tell 2s from 3s reliably and have to call them about once a month. Just write in loving block capitals, my handwriting sucks and that's what I do if I need people to read it, God