Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I'm just glad i learned smartness is a single number. All these dummies spending hundreds of dollars going to college when instead i can just sit here and grind out 1+2, 2+2, 3+2, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Sentient Data posted:

I'm just glad i learned smartness is a single number. All these dummies spending hundreds of dollars going to college when instead i can just sit here and grind out 1+2, 2+2, 3+2, etc

So, like I don't mean to to go all modern day witch trial or shout burn the bot everywhere or anything, but I'm pretty sure Sentient Data is just a simple computational machine.

Or the name is sort of a suggestive of an excel spreadsheet that was hit by lighting in the 80's and gained sentience. Either way bot!!!!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

That's interesting, how does simple computational machine make you feel?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Sentient Data posted:

That's interesting, how does simple computational machine make you feel?

...inadequatly mathmatically.

I;m so sorry I tried to have you burnt. :(

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

So.... I just realized Eliza is older than some of the people reading this thread. Just in case anyone isn't deeply familiar with it, go take a look at how many people were convinced that it was actually alive, the history is bound to be a hoot of you're reading about it for the first time during this autocomplete bubble

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Reddit has a subreddit to help children run away and to no one's surprise its being used for human trafficking

https://www.sacbee.com/news/california/article287182785.html

quote:

The teen’s family reported her missing in Arizona and, after reaching out to her friends, learned that she was planning to run away, according to a news release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Central District of California.

The girl had told her friend that she’d met a man, later identified as 32-year-old Trevon Nathaniel Langstaff, on a Reddit page about runaways, prosecutors said. There was no attorney information listed for Langstaff in court records as of March 28.

The girl said Langstaff “harbored runaways” and “currently had two other teenagers staying with him,” officials said. The girl, found in a closet in Langstaff’s Long Beach apartment, was rescued, prosecutors said.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CBD Corndog posted:

Reddit has a subreddit to help children run away and to no one's surprise its being used for human trafficking

Let's see how long it takes to be shut down

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

:aaa:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

oh, reddit

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CBD Corndog posted:

Reddit is awesome

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

CBD Corndog posted:

So this is like a delivery service for child predators?

Hell, in my day folks had to drive out in a windowless van and offer candy to kidnap us kids…smdh :stat::wal::aatrek:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Is human trafficking as a service good or bad for the stock price?

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Hobo Clown posted:

Is human trafficking as a service good or bad for the stock price?

in steve huffman's libertarian utopia reddit could be the ubereats of trafficking teenagers

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

dreezy posted:

reddit could be the ubereats of trafficking teenagers

never wanted to read this

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

they have come a long way since the jailbait days. or rather, all this time they have just simply come.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

cumpantry posted:

never wanted to read this

never wanted to write it yet here we are

you just scroll through and hate it

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

however r/escapegettingkidnapped is an extremely useful resource for these teens so who's to say if reddit is good or bad

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

How do people get thoughts like this in their brain? Who hurt them?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

who are we to speak for the kidnapped teenagers?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

I get banned sometimes for advising towards the murder of police officers

:hfive:

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

emSparkly posted:

Consider the outcome:
People who are in a position to receive, process, accept, and act on that advice are kept out of the dating pool for a solid 10+ years, by which time they might have learned better. Net win for the world.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

emSparkly posted:

What's really weird is this was posted in the mma sub

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Not weird at all, that actually explains a lot. Just an angry violent man working his way from prostitutes to prostitutes abroad.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Milo and POTUS posted:

You mean the Andrew Tate wannabes sub.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

DerekSmartymans posted:

So this is like a delivery service for child predators?

Hell, in my day folks had to drive out in a windowless van and offer candy to kidnap us kids…smdh :stat::wal::aatrek:

A windowless van? In this economy?

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

FurtherReading posted:

No you didn't. Reddit will only perma people for poo poo like vote manipulation and spamming.

Back in topic now with reddit hosting human trafficking but you could get banned for mentioning the fact reddit hired a pedo apologist as an admin.

You can get banned for anything from reddit, they are run by corrupt terminally online mods and admins who tend to lean tankie cause they have no hirable skills or education.

haddedam fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 9, 2024

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
If you go to the legal advice subs, you will be banned and have your account deleted for warning people that the mods are literally cops.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Hey, just a reminder that reddit is now a newly publicly traded company, and that means major policy changes can happen at any time with no warning. If you have any old threads bookmarked to save niche/local information, you should back them up immediately. Just make a reddit folder in your documents and go through every bookmark and print to pdf. That information could vanish without warning, so if that's your only copy you need to save it

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Sentient Data posted:

Hey, just a reminder that reddit is now a newly publicly traded company, and that means major policy changes can happen at any time with no warning. If you have any old threads bookmarked to save niche/local information, you should back them up immediately. Just make a reddit folder in your documents and go through every bookmark and print to pdf. That information could vanish without warning, so if that's your only copy you need to save it

no thanks

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i'm done saving all the important information off reddit

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Sentient Data posted:

Shouldn't you just assume anything can be randomly taken off the internet at any time for no particualr reason? That's just the internet, everything on it is the ephemeral.

I mean everything but the orginal space jam page. That will never die.
https://www.spacejam.com/1996/

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

time to print reddit out just to be safe

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

dr_rat posted:

Shouldn't you just assume anything can be randomly taken off the internet at any time for no particualr reason? That's just the internet, everything on it is the ephemeral.

Absolutely, it's just a thought i had when i saved a thread about local food trucks and a thought it was important to share

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Wait, Reddit isn't being preserved by the library of Congress? Another shameful reality that something awful is still better.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Megillah Gorilla posted:

If you go to the legal advice subs, you will be banned and have your account deleted for warning people that the mods are literally cops.

I got banned from Best of Legal Advice for posting "ACAB." The mod did it in a way I could tell which mod pressed the button.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I keep getting downvoted in every Max Payne post that asks if Max would have been a good cop. Or if Max is smart.

Like, the whole point of the series is what a piece of poo poo he is.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Khanstant posted:

Not weird at all, that actually explains a lot. Just an angry violent man working his way from prostitutes to prostitutes abroad.

Actually I was joking lol

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Milo and POTUS posted:

Actually I was joking lol

Goons are simultaneously incredibly sharp at noticing/calling out bullshit, and the most gullible motherfuckers on the planet if something reinforces a negative stereotype they hold.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

haddedam posted:

You can get banned for anything from reddit, they are run by corrupt terminally online mods and admins who tend to lean left cause they have no hirable skills or education.

Oh yeah you'll fit right in here on the SA forums of tyool 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'

LanceHunter posted:

Goons are simultaneously incredibly sharp at noticing/calling out bullshit, and the most gullible motherfuckers on the planet if something reinforces a negative stereotype they hold.

True