Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bovis posted:

Started playing Pentiment today, binged 5 hours of it already, is awesome :D

I read the Name of the Rose last year and loved it. The influences are pretty clear (and the straight reference to it got a good chuckle out of me), really looking forward to seeing where this goes!

"Who has a library that large?" :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Genki_JPN/status/1776977731273793891?t=d9bu4EDtL6m8OVd6_uA75A&s=19

Yuji Naka is back and still a piece of poo poo

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

confirmed: Yu Miyake has serious dirt on Yuji Naka

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sounds to me like the new SE President probably isn't a good person!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

He's okay. Not as much on the crypto train as the last guy but there's still a bit going on there because shareholders

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just want Square to work on single player JRPGs, and Final Fantasy XIV. That is what they are good at. Everything else they tend to do sucks.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

E: Lmao I can't read

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

played more Bloodborne. I think it's the perfect video game. Also apparently I'm three trophies away from platinum.

I still remember playing this in 2018 and finding it so hard but so fun. And now it feels like a walk in the park. It's amazing how confidence and Lady Maria's weapon bumped up to +10 can make even NG+ feel easier.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

last chance for entries in the DRG dwarven fashion contest! don't miss your opportunity to make me buy you things

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Shard posted:

played more Bloodborne. I think it's the perfect video game. Also apparently I'm three trophies away from platinum.

I still remember playing this in 2018 and finding it so hard but so fun. And now it feels like a walk in the park. It's amazing how confidence and Lady Maria's weapon bumped up to +10 can make even NG+ feel easier.

How many other from games did you play in the meantime? They all have enough in common that the skills are easily transferable

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

haveblue posted:

How many other from games did you play in the meantime? They all have enough in common that the skills are easily transferable

Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3, Dark Souls Remastered, Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin, Sekiro and Elden Ring.

I've beaten them all - the only one I didn't really like was Sekiro. And out of all those I think Bloodborne might be the best one. Elden Ring is my second favorite. Then Dark Souls 3.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/helldivers2/status/1777058473311625238

I can't believe Helldivers is almost over

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://twitter.com/b0tster/status/1777046597307605207

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Shard posted:

i remember getting it and the dlc around new years 2016 and i played nothing but for a few months until i had every trophy. made a bloodtinge build david bowie with the chikage. godlike game

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Duke Huggem, a game 13 years in the making, made by Mega64. Vinny played it and I feel this is a very important clip for everyone to see.
https://clips.twitch.tv/HotExquisitePoultryCopyThis-MNr95MBO9oJFV0UQ

the entire 15 minute part of the stream is worth the watch but that clip especially is sending me, much like it's sending granny multiple blocks away

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I just spent 4 hours doing the cabinet mini game in Yakuza 0. I legit look forward to more. I love how like a dragon games just have whole rear end other games shoved inside them

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I bought a book on retro adventure game pixel art because of the Adventure game thread and now I am desiring for more recommendations on books about viseogames

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://x.com/denfaminicogame/status/1776969650917830952

Lo-Fi Beats To Study To The Game

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I bought a book on retro adventure game pixel art because of the Adventure game thread and now I am desiring for more recommendations on books about viseogames

https://www.tuneandfairweather.com/products/premium-softcovers-bundle-abyssal-archive-and-you-died

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

God, you get hungry twice.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I spent 20 hours playing V Rising this weekend. I'm generally a fan of the tree-puncher genre, but this game seems made specifically for me! I just love building out my stupid little vampire mansion and venturing out to harass the townfolk.

I can't stop playing it :cool:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Recently bought V-Rising because its almost out of Early Access finally.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
V-Rising is the one with the upcoming Castlevania collab, right?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

As much as I enjoy V Rising, any Castlevania collab is going to be a disappointment compared to the Dead Cells one.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/RL0rDdk.mp4

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Hey, as lapsed old timey Harvest Moon fans who have not yet returned to the farm life genre post-Stardew, what is the second best farming and dating rpg sim thing, the one that isn't Stardew?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

wizard2 posted:

Hey, as lapsed old timey Harvest Moon fans who have not yet returned to the farm life genre post-Stardew, what is the second best farming and dating rpg sim thing, the one that isn't Stardew?

Story of Seasons is the modern day Harvest Moon, right down to including a bunch of remakes of older Harvest Moon games. You could also look into the Rune Factory series.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

njsykora posted:

Story of Seasons is the modern day Harvest Moon, right down to including a bunch of remakes of older Harvest Moon games. You could also look into the Rune Factory series.

yeah, we looked into Story of Seasons, but there's a number of them. I have Friends of Mineral Town, I think. Are there strictly better options than that, or is that one fair enough?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I haven't played all of them but Friends of Mineral Town is a good one, I don't think I've seen anyone be seriously unhappy with any of them.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

People seem to really like My Time at Sandrock but I never tried it because the desert setting puts me off

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sandrock is good, but it's more about resource gathering and building. There is a gardening feature a little ways into it, but it's not the main focus.

I'd suggest Rune Factory, but 5 is best played on anything other than a Switch and altogether I might have enjoyed the top down Rune Factories 1-4 moreso than 5's 3D outing. You can get 3 and 4 on the Switch, though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

RF5 is the only rune factory I played and I put a lot of time into it but it felt very unfinished in a lot of ways. really engaging once you get trapped in its web of number-go-up but it also just sort of ends (I hit the credits a little ways into autumn of the first year), the tuning on progression/goals is weird, and it’s easy enough that a bunch of mechanics aren’t necessary at all, even on hard difficulty you mostly just springboard from getting one shotted to destroying everything around you. weird game, kind of deranged, but in a fun way

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
rf5 was the first new one in a while and the first full 3d mainline one so yeah it's the roughest one since like, the first two. rf3 and 4 were when the series hit its stride and they basically had to start over from scratch with 5

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.
RF5 is a great example of a game that can be very fun but is also completely busted. It feels like they nailed the core elements and didn't have the means to build a totally complete and balanced game out of it.

On one hand, I can't think of a single QoL tool the game doesn't have, there's a surprising amount of personality and enemy vareity and the world and town itself have more varietythan I expected. There's a million things to level up in terms of farming skills and you absolutely feel that. On the other hand, the combat balancing is non-existent, you immediately get insanely powerful and the story fades into the background so quickly that it can be hard to tell if you've actually beat it (the game rolls credits more than once, which makes it feel even less important).
If you get inherent pleasure from farming games it is a solid recommendation on sale, but if you need friction, story or a sense of combat progression I would pass. Saving the world from evil in Rune Factory 5 is trivially easy compared to restoring the community center in Stardew. But if you always hated that quest and didn't care for the tension of the dungeons, RF5 is worth a look.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Is there a Pathfinder thread

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You'd think it'd be easier to track down.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Is there a Pathfinder thread

Yes it's in TG.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4010191

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
How about a Pathfinder videogame thread

Adbot