Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Remember folks:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1777357564323438668?t=E990kQ6h-kEteFeEO_TV4A&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Yeah whatever

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

WHAT DON'T THEY WANT YOU TO SEE

OPEN YOUR EYES

Edit: imo looking at the eclipse isn't the fun bit, it's how the whole area goes loving dark like it's nighttime, and supposedly that could gently caress with pets too

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 8, 2024

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

psydude posted:

I managed to rediscover running as a kind of meditation exercise later on. But the one thing I still can't loving stand is pushups.

Yeah this is where I'm at with running now. I hated doing it for ROTC and soccer, but once I started doing it on my own like 13 years ago, something clicked and I enjoy running for the most part.

Except I injured my hip flexor muscles while surfing in Australia a few months ago, so I've had to take it easy for a few months. Which sucks because my brain is broken now and if I don't run every few days, I get angsty about it.

Also I've only run one marathon, but multiple halfs. The training is the worst part, the actual races are pretty "easy" by that point. But yes, you do wear medical tape on your nipples if you're running more then 7-8 miles otherwise you'll chafe and bleed.

What loving world is that judge living in?

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 8, 2024

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

psydude posted:

I managed to rediscover running as a kind of meditation exercise later on. But the one thing I still can't loving stand is pushups.

I don't know what the hangup is but pushups were always the one calisthenic I could not stand. They always felt like the worst possible thing I could be doing.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
The area I was a controller in got hit by the 2017 eclipse and it’s rolling through the same area again and they’re already getting hammered. Check out southern Illinois near Marion and Carbondale on ads b exchange if you’re curious

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

This might be my single favorite photo of his. It's either this or the North Korean general, but I think this takes the cake

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

This might be my single favorite photo of his. It's either this or the North Korean general, but I think this takes the cake

I think the general one gets the medal because even lil' Kim is looking at him just completely amazed at how astonishingly stupid this walking, barely coherent doofus is. The look on his face seals it for me.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

bird food bathtub posted:

I think the general one gets the medal because even lil' Kim is looking at him just completely amazed at how astonishingly stupid this walking, barely coherent doofus is. The look on his face seals it for me.

You can almost hear about audible "Bruh" looking at Kim's face.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Can the state file for an appeal on sentencing? This is insane.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Personally I always felt like Army PT was a dumpster fire that accomplished little more than getting a lot of people injured for no reason whatsoever. "But this is how we've always done it!"

At the end of OCS I started getting a lot of pain in my knee and it was due to overuse from running loving everywhere every loving day.

The APFT was poo poo too, who cares how many pushups and sit-ups someone can do?

I enjoy running on my own though, because I can just stop or slow down if anything starts to ache.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

DPRK general wins, but I need to give an honorable mention his WH banquet McD’s spread.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What DPRK general photo are you guys talking about? I can’t find poo poo with a cursory Google.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

What DPRK general photo are you guys talking about? I can’t find poo poo with a cursory Google.

He saluted a DPRK general. The commander in chief of the US saluted a foreign enemy general.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The commander in chief of the US armed forces saluted a foreign enemy general.

Edit: sorry, I'm in fucky Internet territory and the post didn't go through at first.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Guessing it's this one (damnit beaten):

But the trump eclipse thing was the best due to context. The entire country went DON'T LOOK AT THE SUN, EVEN THOUGH DIPSHIT WILL and that was the message for days. Government agencies everywhere warning people not to look at the hosed-up orb, then followed by "no matter if dumbfuck does it".

Then dumbshit did it like we all knew he would.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Remember when Mitt Romney was the loving right wing boogie man?

HE’S ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS NOW

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

I voted R exactly once in my life, and it was for Mitt for MA Gov. And we got healthcare for our trouble, so there's that.

Bain Capital is still pure fuckin' evil tho

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Even the Romney-bot had a a crack-ping moment, what a world we live in.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
even if you have appropriate tools for viewing the eclipse, if you don't try and look at it with just your own eyes for even a moment are you even truly an American?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

A.o.D. posted:

I feel real bad for those people that got rooms and went to Arkansas and Texas for the eclipse. Can't be me, though. There's not a single cloud in sight in New Hampshire, not even over mt. Washington.

I’m in a national forest in southern Illinois. Only clouds in the sky are cirrus. It’s going to be beautiful. Except the part where my girls are going to have to find somewhere to pee.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
i feel bad for my coworker, who has been very excited about this for a few months. he brought in his fancy telescope that he spent real money on and it's just overcast as gently caress today.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

He's still a labor-sucking ghoul, he just goes about it in a way that's acceptable in polite society.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I actually give him a the tiniest iota of credit for that, not so much because I love juche but because at least there was an attempt to remedy sour relations. Albeit probably to stroke his own ego or possibly because he wants a trump property in pyongyang. Which would be really, really funny. You know what, I think that is the funniest picture, you convinced me.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

He's still a labor-sucking ghoul, he just goes about it in a way that's acceptable in polite society.

He also works in the Democratic process. He’s not going to trade in fascist lies and mobs to overthrow the government.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Milo and POTUS posted:

I actually give him a the tiniest iota of credit for that, not so much because I love juche but because at least there was an attempt to remedy sour relations. Albeit probably to stroke his own ego or possibly because he wants a trump property in pyongyang. Which would be really, really funny. You know what, I think that is the funniest picture, you convinced me.

someone needs to finish the Ryugyong Hotel, and I think Donnie's the man for the job, with his track record in real estate.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I have a bunch of coworkers who live in the path of totality and Friday I spent 30 min trying to convince several of them that eclipse glasses are NOT a scam (so long as they are real lenses)

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'll be honest I play the game where I wait until cloud cover is appropriate and then glance at it. I don't need to stare at the sky crescent, like, I get it. What the light does on the ground and how wildlife freaks out is the cool part anyways

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

FrozenVent posted:

wet bottom nerds
You make the divin' world go drooown

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Hey let's run a race which is famously named because the first guy who ran it loving died from it.

Well, we run weak millennial versions of our proud warrior ancestors.

260miles over two 48 hour stints, in the august heat, followed by running around as a messenger during the battle, then finally running another 26 miles to close out the day to make sure the city knew what happened so the traitors didn't dare risk opening the southern gates to the Persian fleet that was wheeling around for a second go.

The run we do today is more like the 26 mile mass run of the light infantry back to the city to secure it against that second attack. Just a gaggle gently caress of everyone moving in clumps and being miserable.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Space Opera posted:

I have a bunch of coworkers who live in the path of totality and Friday I spent 30 min trying to convince several of them that eclipse glasses are NOT a scam (so long as they are real lenses)

why waste your time?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

My Spirit Otter posted:

why waste your time?

They were counting on an eye donor and didn't want damaged goods

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

M_Gargantua posted:

Well, we run weak millennial versions of our proud warrior ancestors.

260miles over two 48 hour stints, in the august heat, followed by running around as a messenger during the battle, then finally running another 26 miles to close out the day to make sure the city knew what happened so the traitors didn't dare risk opening the southern gates to the Persian fleet that was wheeling around for a second go.

The run we do today is more like the 26 mile mass run of the light infantry back to the city to secure it against that second attack. Just a gaggle gently caress of everyone moving in clumps and being miserable.

We get it. He went to Greek West Point.
Bet he mins the push ups.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Trump says abortion should be a states' issue and pissed off evangelicals and Lindsey Graham.

https://twitter.com/Alyssafarah/status/1777452030912590217

Freeloaded around, found out.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 9, 2024

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CBJSprague24 posted:

Trump says abortion should be a states' issue and pissed off evangelicals and Lindsey Graham.

https://twitter.com/Alyssafarah/status/1777452030912590217

Freeloaded around, found out.

Trumps start to become aware that Abortion could sink him and hes trying to push it off.

Thankfully Dark Brandon isn't letting people forget that easy.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Pence said that he “turned his back” on the pro life crowd that got him elected in ‘16.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Historically Trump has effortlessly navigated the situations he gets himself into telling everyone what they want to hear because ultimately they’ll still vote for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

davecrazy posted:

Pence said that he “turned his back” on the pro life crowd that got him elected in ‘16.

Risky move. I’d want to keep those crazy fuckers where I could see them.