Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

undertaker aligned with iran and is bisexual now

Taker coming out with the curly toe boots praising great leader saddam hussein ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Rocky Biavia

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

undertaker aligned with iran and is bisexual now

good.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

The_Rob posted:

It’s just funny that there’s always criticism online of AEW being unrealistic or not wrestling and so many people love the main event of mania where you get 15 minutes of theme songs and old guys coming out.

But that's what WWE is and always has been. AEW and WWE are two very different products and that's a good thing.

Half the reason I've tuned into Mania since like 1998 is for the big entrances and the pageantry. Every year I'd be looking forward to the Undertakers entrance and what not.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Le Saboteur posted:

But that's what WWE is and always has been. AEW and WWE are two very different products and that's a good thing.

Half the reason I've tuned into Mania since like 1998 is for the big entrances and the pageantry. Every year I'd be looking forward to the Undertakers entrance and what not.

I’m fine with it not being a wrestling show. It isn’t one. It’s just funny how low people’s standards are for wwe.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Guess what's missing.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Miching Mallecho posted:

Guess what's missing.

Nicholas' hosed fucker facial hair

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
You can't have photos of fans posing with a generational superstar promoting the opposing company.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Miching Mallecho posted:

Guess what's missing.

cody's wedding ring 👀

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
When was the last time a WM main event was won clean? Or for that matter, a normal match without stipulations or special rules (or no rules)?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

dialhforhero posted:

When was the last time a WM main event was won clean? Or for that matter, a normal match without stipulations or special rules (or no rules)?

Bianca vs Sasha. 5 star match

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sandman from ECW posted:

Or Deathmatchs. Being a Deathmatch freak would be pretty bad rear end.

I haven’t been able to be a deathmatch freak since I saw a big fat guy get dumped leg first into a shopping card full of light tubes, one of which broke and unzipped his shin from ankle to knee and I saw cut tubes and poo poo in there

I am down with stuff like necro butcher being covered with a mat of blood and gore but I feel like the syringes and cut up soda cans and razor blade boards are a step too far for my delicate constitution

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
From what I can determine from reading recaps, the Prime bottle was defeated at Wrestlemania, thus making Dude Wipes the Undisputed WWE Heavyweight Champion and officially ending the story.

Congrats to the fed and its fans for an unbelievable event.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
death match wrestling has gone too far but i liked the sabu vs terry funk barb wire match

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
he should have rko'd the bottle by grabbing the bottlecap like a neck

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

KungFu Grip posted:

he should have rko'd the bottle by grabbing the bottlecap like a neck

:hmmyes:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
speaking of cinema and wrestling i'm going to see the new kong vs godzilla movie tonight

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

KungFu Grip posted:

speaking of cinema and wrestling i'm going to see the new kong vs godzilla movie tonight

I saw it last night, it's stupid as hell and rocked my socks off. Enjoy!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
those stupid giant monkeys will never draw, brother

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

those stupid giant monkeys will never draw, brother

tell that to akira toriyama, jack

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

rotinaj posted:

I haven’t been able to be a deathmatch freak since I saw a big fat guy get dumped leg first into a shopping card full of light tubes, one of which broke and unzipped his shin from ankle to knee and I saw cut tubes and poo poo in there

I am down with stuff like necro butcher being covered with a mat of blood and gore but I feel like the syringes and cut up soda cans and razor blade boards are a step too far for my delicate constitution

that dude was, surprisingly, named Blood and the incident is just simply known as Blood's Leg. between that and nick gage cutting a promo backstage while quite literally bleeding to death are why light tubes make me nervous to this day

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

heard cody finished the story last night. he now has entered the conversation for the most successful man in wrestling with the worst tattoo, joining such luminaries as brock lesnar chest penis and hulk hogan IMMORTAL

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I saw it last night, it's stupid as hell and rocked my socks off. Enjoy!

Remember the suplex off the pyramid?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Shard posted:

Remember the suplex off the pyramid?

I feel like that’s GOTTA qualify as a superplex. I haven’t seen it though so I don’t know.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

the uncle howdy return teases going to be for the cody title feud please

Bray was the guy Roman took the belt off of to start the 10,000-day reign; it's weird? that they don't really mention it (I guess because it was a B PPV in front of 0 fans)

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I just wanna say I’m really glad Seth had the foresight to bring his Shield gear to mania last night. If you think about it, Cody probably would have lost otherwise. Very fortunate all around.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cody/Roman would have been elevated by light tubes and knife boards imo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sandman from ECW posted:

I feel like that’s GOTTA qualify as a superplex. I haven’t seen it though so I don’t know.

The ending flight is literally a tornado tag match

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

bartok posted:

what was the Dude Wipes move of the night?

Some guy no sells the Stinkface because his opponent's rear end is too clean.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Cody's entrance gear is hilarious.

If he's Triple H 2.0, I'm ready for super gassed Cody in a couple of years, and the divorce.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

now that cody finished his story cm punk vs everyone is the story I'm back to being most interested in

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Orange Carlisle posted:

now that cody finished his story cm punk vs everyone is the story I'm back to being most interested in

Wednesday can’t get here fast enough

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

It is hilariously ironic that the man who started his career with a "gently caress WWE" theme song and smashing triple H's throne ends up coming out cosplaying as HHH and sucking him off on live television.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Rock ain’t walking so smoothly after the match

https://youtu.be/g2BVDMy1HQ8

Did the smashing machine get smashed pre-filming, because if so, lol

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
My hope is that since Priest was targeting ricochet the past couple weeks, we get a good world title feud out of that.

My fear is that Roman takes the tittle off of priest on Smackdown.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Critical posted:

that dude was, surprisingly, named Blood and the incident is just simply known as Blood's Leg. between that and nick gage cutting a promo backstage while quite literally bleeding to death are why light tubes make me nervous to this day

nick gage cutting that promo while everyone is scrambling around him trying to slow down the bleeding and calling a chopper to medivac him is why he's the realest wrestler out there

e; forgot quote

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Joey McChrist posted:

nick gage cutting that promo while everyone is scrambling around him trying to slow down the bleeding and calling a chopper to medivac him is why he's the realest wrestler out there

he wasnt just cutting a promo mf was trying to get off the stretcher and get back to the ring despite bleeding to death and dying on the helicopter for a few minutes lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he wasnt just cutting a promo mf was trying to get off the stretcher and get back to the ring despite bleeding to death and dying on the helicopter for a few minutes lol

EMT chanting at the front of the chopper: MDK MDK MDK

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
An uninvested person's totally random take but I kinda liked Cody many many years ago as a bland midcarder and know the company gave him crap, but from what I can tell as a person popping into Mania without any context (and I think the last one I watched was the COVID one in a quiet room), his whole character seems to be 50% tribute act to his father, and 50% "that tattoo is not as cool as you think it is".

Dusty Rhodes was a huge backstage politician though and so I can't think of a better tribute than being booked to take the title and then immediately thanking one of the executive asshats who forced you to do those Stardust bits you hated so drat much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cody rules