Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Nerobro posted:

I was trying to make a joke about playing with your ball in public. But.. something funnier came up. The hg ball comes in a twin set. You litterally build, and assemble a set of balls.

... I have my Ver.Ka in the garage, if it's that pretty, I might acutally move it up the list.

And now my child brain wants to pose them with a GM flying over the top of the pair as a very abstract dong joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

nexas posted:

Just out of curiosity, how is the full mechanics Aerial as a kit? I enjoyed building the Lfrith and Calibarn but never got a chance to grab a Aerial kit when they were available at my local shop. Should I pick a FM up or should I wait for an inevitable MG release?

You might be waiting quite a while for an MG. They're doing like 1-3 MGs per year now and 2024 already has two.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

my understanding is that full mechanics is the mg line for non-UC robots but maybe I'm wrong

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Buck Wildman posted:

my understanding is that full mechanics is the mg line for non-UC robots but maybe I'm wrong

No, MG has plenty of non-UC suits. Full mechanics is a 1/100 line, but with less detail than MG

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Napoleon Nelson posted:

No, MG has plenty of non-UC suits. Full mechanics is a 1/100 line, but with less detail than MG

oic

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I got nothing but time with all the models in my backlog so maybe I should cancel my order and wait for a fancier version down the line

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/nobu_tary/status/1775769709671252439?t=aHIxg0Xy-4TlzLvi37hlzQ&s=19

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Yo, nice!

I wonder what sets I'd need to get to make those upgrades.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

nexas posted:

Just out of curiosity, how is the full mechanics Aerial as a kit? I enjoyed building the Lfrith and Calibarn but never got a chance to grab a Aerial kit when they were available at my local shop. Should I pick a FM up or should I wait for an inevitable MG release?
I've built two FM Aerials and will probably build a third in the future when I feel like it, it's a fantastic kit. Almost an MG level of detail and colour-separation and not that much harder than an HG. You'll be waiting an extremely long time for any WfM MGs unfortunately, we're more likely to get an FM Calibarn or something in the meantime.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

thinkin' 'bout gettin' that rg strike freedom gundam with the fancy wings add-on on p-bandai

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

The full mechanics line is close to mg detail but not quite as much quality on the inner frame side.

Given the lack of mgs the past few years and the overall quality of the full mechanic lines just go for the fm aerial.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
https://imgur.com/a/U57WHvT

Wasn't gonna get an RX til the new RG, but couldn't say no to a Yokohama Factory one. :shepspends:

Also got a System Base 001, gonna pose it on that like it's taking a step at the Factory.

Edit: On my phone and can't remember the image link format, I'll fix it when I'm home.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 6, 2024

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

https://imgur.com/a/U57WHvT

Wasn't gonna get an RX til the new RG, but couldn't say no to a Yokohama Factory one. :shepspends:

Also got a System Base 001, gonna pose it on that like it's taking a step at the Factory.

Edit: On my phone and can't remember the image link format, I'll fix it when I'm home.

It's a good kit. I picked it up a few years back when they did a special promo on P-Bandai. It's not as detailed as the Origin version, but it's still a fun build.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Warmachine posted:

And now my child brain wants to pose them with a GM flying over the top of the pair as a very abstract dong joke.

Get the HG 2-pack, put a mirror behind it, and reference this classic. :nws: for profanity: https://youtu.be/C4lWtN3AesY

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

man, I ordered a bunch of delpi decals direct for my current/upcoming models and they got here within a week. impressive

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ok Strike Aile Gundam is good enough for matte. I've never seen Gundam Seed but I liked the color separation and relatively straight forward design

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Finished the gold Acguy I bought on a trip to Japan a decade ago:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Just going for a walk!

Not my best paintjob on some of the fine-detail attempts, but still proud of myself for the attempt. Didn't use a single sticker to do this one, even did a decent job freehanding the eyes with a gold marker and a black one for the eye border. You just can't see it well on this one because it's so drat recessed. :argh:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
hell yeah more pictures

my kid chose the Banshee Norn next. I have to figure out how I'm going to paint then assemble the thing so I can keep the clear ones plastic parts well clear

it's a lot of dark grey tho

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Kibner posted:

Finished the gold Acguy I bought on a trip to Japan a decade ago:

lol gorgeous

my next model has dry decals which will be a first for me

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
https://www.cbr.com/g-gundam-new-anime-tease/

quote:

The official Gundam Channel on YouTube released the "Gundam Series 45th-Anniversary Special Stream" on April 7, with the section from 42:20 onward marking huge news for Mobile Fighter G Gundam fans. Seki, who voiced Domon Kasshu in G Gundam, announced a new project commemorating G Gundam's 30th anniversary. Seki revealed the new anniversary logo, before being asked by the host, "It seems we'll be getting a new story?" and replied, "I don't know anything, but based on what I've been told, there may be some developments."

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

no series deserves a reboot more

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
If G Gundam had any good fights and was half as long it would be one of my favorite Gundams

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

I got the Try Burning Gundam just to hold me over

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I have just concluded my second attempt to get my HG+ VF-29 into Gerwalk mode. There will not be a third attempt. I am really disappointed. The YF-19 was well-engineered and part swapping to change modes was easy. The VF-29 is a grenade kit. Whatever, I prefer the VF-25 from that series anyway.

I will try and get it into fighter mode, but if that doesn't work it's going back into its box of shame.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

My Ordine should be here Monday 😎

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Praying that it will somehow give us a Windmill Gundam Gunpla.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I kind of regret not getting the rose gundam on p-bandai when I had the chance

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Buck Wildman posted:

They've already reprinted it once. I'd be surprised if it doesn't show again in the near-ish future.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Buck Wildman posted:

I've not gotten it twice now, so I suspect it may come back.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Wrong thread lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

IG-88 posted:

Cross post from the analogue pocket thread:

“What are some good games to pick up with the adapter+game gear set? I have Devilish, Aladdin and the Lion King on the way but nothing to take advantage of the other add ons.

I’m looking to pick up Pinball Dreams for GG but I kinda want a CIB copy for the shelf. If anyone has a lead on one, I’m all ears.

Edit: I like horror too.”

Handhelds in question for those not sure what I’m talking about :

TurboGrafx-16, PC Engine & SuperGrafx Adapter
Neo Geo Pocket Color Cartridge Adapter
Atari Lynx Cartridge Adapter
Sega Game Gear

I would also like an answer to this

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

IG-88 posted:

“What are some good games to pick up with the adapter+game gear set? I have Devilish, Aladdin and the Lion King on the way but nothing to take advantage of the other add ons.

I’m looking to pick up Pinball Dreams for GG but I kinda want a CIB copy for the shelf. If anyone has a lead on one, I’m all ears.

Sega Game Gear

The answer is, of course, "Another Zaku"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

IG-88 posted:

Sega Game Gear

What you need is Bandai's Best Hit Chronicle 2/5 Scale Sega Saturn kit.

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib
So many GODDAMNED DECALS ON THIS THING

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
https://twitter.com/30mmissions/status/1777261527223185508

30MM Vaskyrot has an actual name of Baskyrotto and releases this Saturday.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm gonna basky in the glow of that rotto

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

i took a break while i was building Miku and now i feel like i belong on an FBI watchlist.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Deviant posted:

i took a break while i was building Miku and now i feel like i belong on an FBI watchlist.

You were added on to that list just by buying the kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Blackchamber posted:

You were added on to that list just by buying the kit.

i cosplay her, i get to buy it. :colbert: