Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you may think all of this is petty and stupid and completely pointless for both companies and you would be right but stupid blood feuds that spill over into real life is what makes wrestling the greatest sport in the world

all blood feuds have always been petty but at least now we can enjoy them without bloodshed via wrestling drama. I don't want high brow art from my wrestling. I want sicko poo poo, cool moves, cool entrance songs, and cool looking folks doing petty drama for my entertainment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i want rankings, the code of honor, constant tournaments in every division, dozens of champions, and an unbelievable amount of blood and guts

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

xbilkis posted:

Guy posting in the shootoff shitpost thread about the secondary wrestling promotion on a paid web forum in 2024: I think I can speak for the interests of the non-online audience

i can

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TheSwizzler posted:

Wrestling is stupid

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Shard posted:

all blood feuds have always been petty but at least now we can enjoy them without bloodshed via wrestling drama. I don't want high brow art from my wrestling. I want sicko poo poo, cool moves, cool entrance songs, and cool looking folks doing petty drama for my entertainment.

Suplex Liberace posted:

i want rankings, the code of honor, constant tournaments in every division, dozens of champions, and an unbelievable amount of blood and guts

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I just want the Speedo Man

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Welcome to hell

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

I just want the Speedo Man

here he is:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hard pass, Cage had by far the worst match of the night when WSW came to Perth last year. He and Eric Young made 9 minutes feel like 25.

Put him back with Chuck Taylor to restore the feeling

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

dark side of the ring in 10 years

"no one believed the punk tape was real.."

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Starting to think "the feeling" is one of those phantom limb things

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
havana syndrome but for wrestling

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

KungFu Grip posted:

the CIA says both things are fake, but we know better, don't we folks?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
If they don’t edit in the Wilhelm scream while a stack of monitors falls on Tony’s skull I’m never watching another second of AEW

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think there should be some sort of pledge we post for Tony at the beginning of each day, and maybe a prayer we post for (possibly to?) Tony at the end of each night.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NienNunb posted:

I think there should be some sort of pledge we post for Tony at the beginning of each day, and maybe a prayer we post for (possibly to?) Tony at the end of each night.

I would pray to Tony that your posts get better, but I think I would lose faith even quicker than I did in MJF's face run.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

you have a real deranged stalker dude

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

I would pray to Tony that your posts get better, but I think I would lose faith even quicker than I did in MJF's face run.

whose posts do you enjoy?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

STING 64 posted:

you have a real deranged stalker dude

Whoever keeps changing avatars has probably spent almost as much as monkeu has on re-regs

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Shard posted:

hes gonna say yours :)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
harry potter and wwe... dangerous combination

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
unlike cody, with the harry potter series i never finished the story

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shard posted:

He wants me to apply myself, a lesson my parents learned the hard way over thirty years to not bother with.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

unlike cody, with the harry potter series i never finished the story
deathly hallows is probably one of the most boring books ive ever read

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jk rowling managed to make a wizard world war with werewolves and shapeshifters n poo poo boring, that takes talent

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

jk rowling was a terrible booker

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I like Erin's posts.

There's one other person but I want them to stay hungry so I'm going to withhold my approval.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cody rhodes and the rolex of victory

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

I like Erin's posts.

There's one other person but I want them to stay hungry so I'm going to withhold my approval.

don’t worry mjeff, i’m my own biggest critic

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm gonna grab that brass ring!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Lackluster card on Wednesday for keep new viewers who pop in for the Punk tape.

Although they announced the tape segment at like 1am on Saturday night so maybe most people won't even know it's happening.

Or possibly it's only something hardcore fans would care about anyway.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

Although they announced the tape segment at like 1am on Saturday night so maybe most people won't even know it's happening.

they’ve promoted it heavily on social media

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I know that when I see every wrestling news outlet constantly talking about the All In Tape instead of WrestleMania Night 1 and look at a Dynamite that has Edge vs. Pentagon Jr. I think it's a lackluster card that they haven't bothered to promote

(I know the trios match is heavily-dependent on one's perception of the people in it, and Joe vs. Dustin will certainly be good but is also predicated on how much you want to see Dustin in 2024 but still, the All In Tape has absolutely been promoted and hard)

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I am astounded at anyone who cares about an Edge match in 2024. Outside of no DQ matches like he had with Christian he's really not doing anything any better or different than he was in the fed.

He does give a very good ra ra speech though.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Le Saboteur posted:

I am astounded at anyone who cares about an Edge match in 2024. Outside of no DQ matches like he had with Christian he's really not doing anything any better or different than he was in the fed.

he's good and wrestling cool people he has never wrestled before it's not rocket science

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

His matches with Garcia and Suzuki were great.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

cope/penta, joe/dustin, and the 6 man all look and probably will be cool

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Le Saboteur posted:

I guess I'll just have to disagree with you. He has been like a fish in water with his transition to AEW. He vibes with everyone, he's a big cool tall mother fucker that is super over with the crowds and he's been having good to great matches. I don't know what's astounding that fans of Edge like him in AEW.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Babyface Edge is cringe and dull. He’s only good when he’s the most evil guy on the roster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Babyface Edge is cringe and dull. He’s only good when he’s the most evil guy on the roster

Edge is always great. I'm sorry that's just the truth.