Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
to all the FOOB criticizers, here's Lynn coming for you:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

riderchop posted:

"Look I gently caress up shometimesh, okay?! *Hic* Little angel told me it was fine..."

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

wilbur weston you son of a bitch you better not pull tail from this
:golfclap:

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

This is not the Eric Carmen tribute we deserve

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

riderchop posted:

"Not that I wrote the Pattersons that way, but you know."

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

amigolupus posted:

You can read the interview (with link to the actual child-throwing excerpt) here.

"But there was no work in animation unless I wanted to freelance for Rocket Robin Hood, which was garbage!"

Oh thank god, I'm not the only one who hated that headache-inducing piece of poo poo.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

This is just legitimately creepy and something I’d expect some eboniphile (?) to defend.

Maybe it’s normal in England though meh

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Crab Dad posted:

This is just legitimately creepy and something I’d expect some eboniphile (?) to defend.

I think that's an absolutely wild read of the situation.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Selachian posted:

Closer Than We Think! 10/23/60

Was there any reason to believe the moon had any of those traits besides I guess "temperature" in 1960? Assuming you were remotely informed, I mean.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

CommaToes posted:

Lynn's going to throw a curveball and just have April die in these reruns and then start with brand new strips detailing what happens after this.

I would legitimately respect this as an artistic decision, which feels absurd to say about FOOB

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Crab Dad posted:

I'm not quite sure how you connected this to eboniphilia, which is apparently a sexual preference to 15-19 year olds. Getting a realistic tattoo of someone is a symbol of familial pride and affection, of questionable taste and class. Who's turned on by that?

e: the 15-19 year olds is ephebophilia, which is what my search engine guessed you meant. Maybe it guessed wrong and you meant something else.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 8, 2024

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Big Abby Howard vibes here

https://www.terror-town.com/stories/4

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

quote:

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery

Gah, gently caress! Wilbur you shitstain

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Vargo posted:

Heart of the City

You actually do pick up on that - I used to do my homework on the bus ride home, learned when to hold off writing for a second so a pothole wouldn't make me scribble all over the page

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

CommaToes posted:

Lynn's going to throw a curveball and just have April die in these reruns and then start with brand new strips detailing what happens after this.

Yes! Lynn, give us the FOOB reboot/sequel we deserve. For Better or For Worse: April Takes Off! or For Better or For Worse Sotsu: Answer Arc depending on how much of a weeb you want to be about it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm not quite sure how you connected this to eboniphilia, which is apparently a sexual preference to 15-19 year olds. Getting a realistic tattoo of someone is a symbol of familial pride and affection, of questionable taste and class. Who's turned on by that?

e: the 15-19 year olds is ephebophilia, which is what my search engine guessed you meant. Maybe it guessed wrong and you meant something else.

Yeah that’s what I meant it’s not his blood child and apparently the relationship is fresh enough that she refers to him and her mom’s boyfriend.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

But also Dan's been with Shauna's mom long enough to have fathered Humphrey, who's like one or two years old. Ostensibly they've been together longer than that. There's nothing textual to support anything sexual about the tattoo.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Isekai April to the 10th Century where she becomes a warlord and changes the course of history.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Dan is an enormous dork(so a standard-issue dad), not a creep. He got really excited to show his paternal love for his adopted daughter and followed a dumb impulse. :shobon:

It helps that for all the raunchiness Allison is fond of he's a level-headed guy that doesn't do creepin'. In before somebody reminds me of an ancient Scary Go Round storyline I forgot(I think Bob Crowley tries to marry Erin when she becomes an amazonian giant but that's in line with Bob being the godfather of raunchy evil) but this isn't 9CL.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Esa Ahto

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake The Magician

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 9/15-17/52

Archie 1/26-28/50

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 6/9-11/77

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

butt words funny

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

thisusedyet posted:

You actually do pick up on that - I used to do my homework on the bus ride home, learned when to hold off writing for a second so a pothole wouldn't make me scribble all over the page
Or you're sitting directly above the rear right tire and as the bus turns right in an intersection you happen to glance downwards and see a pile of snow and ice beneath the window and the driver is cutting the corner. Next thing you know you're lying on the floor in the aisle hurting all over.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

CommaToes posted:

Kind of a Foob What If?...

F Minus

"I learned it by watching you!"

Mark Trail

God drat am I sick of the two fists o' justice poo poo.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

quote:

Mark Trail, 3/30

Big Hmmmmm. :thunk:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

FYGM.

People will probably still sell your autographed pictures online - if they care about you at all - just for higher prices.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Murdstone posted:

It reminds me of how Rip Haywire can't shut up about pancakes or whatever. Jules seems to think that if she has Mark repeat it often enough, it'll become a lovable catchphrase.

Doomykins posted:

Big Hmmmmm. :thunk:

lmao Jules can't even bother to remember what she wrote in yesterday's strip. She's reaching Mookie-levels of laziness and lack of planning.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ah but you see yesterday's strip said "sometime later", so this is clearly taking place between panels 1 & 2 of yesterday's comic. verdict: no plot hole :smuggo:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Hostile V posted:

Hhhhowever. April was never real, Lynn never needed to write this arc, it's abundantly and plainly clear just how many points of failure and neglect it took to get to this point (rather frankly too, without advanced knowledge you'd think this is Ellie and John and everyone learning a lesson about not being complacent or lasseiz-faire about having multiple kids) and this is just pure "making up a child to get mad at for literal decades" so LET'S loving GOOOOOOOO

I understand how Lynn got to this place. (Spoilering for people who don't know where this arc is heading) She has a comic where the characters age in real time. Farley is starting to really get up there in dog years, so something needs to be done with him before things get too ridiculous. A "time to put our old dog to sleep" arc would be a spectacular downer, so she chose this route so that he can at least go out on a heroic note. It's a shame that her imaginary third child, who's not even old enough to pronounce her own name when this happens, then ends up being the one who gets the blame forever. Can't remember if this is an attitude that ever appears directly in the strip or if it's just the strip's fans being weirdos, but either way it's gross.

Luann

Gil THorp

Home Free

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

:sickos:

Big Nate

Do they give out syllabuses (syllabusi?) in middle school? I don't think I ever saw one until college.

Blind Alley

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
I know it’s just a stupid gimmick for the strip, but…food? Raccoons are looking for food. If you compost your food scraps and clean your containers, they won’t care about your garbage.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

Don't worry, I'm sure she'll roll back around to reminding us of the boat explosion soon. Then it'll be time for the Bros to show up again.

This is dumb even by Luann standards. This is the kind of plan a six-year-old would come up with.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

FINGERPORI

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSBAonGWFb0

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

Classic Arlo and Janis (May 07, 2002)

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

:fireman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The human expressions on the dogs are amusing