Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Air Skwirl posted:

Gorillas don't eat bamboo. Are you thinking of pandas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OnOrp4gcwQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Air Skwirl posted:

Gorillas don't eat bamboo. Are you thinking of pandas?

Are you gonna be the one to tell a gorilla it can't eat bamboo?

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

he didn't say Mountain gorilla

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Are you gonna be the one to tell a gorilla it can't eat bamboo?
Gorillas are quite cute from a distance, but when you get close to them you quickly realize that in order to make climbing trees look so casual for an animal that big, they have to be the biological equivalent of a sack of muscles.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

the biological equivalent of a sack of muscles.

...so a sack of muscles then?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What did you have for lunch?

Sticks.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Gorillas are quite cute from a distance, but when you get close to them you quickly realize that in order to make climbing trees look so casual for an animal that big, they have to be the biological equivalent of a sack of muscles.

https://youtu.be/LXQ9eaa7avI

Yeah they are absurdly strong.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bet a gorilla can be stronger than me.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
One of the MRA scum guys uses gorillas as a mascot, because gorilla is strong!

What they don't know is that gorillas have brains about 1/3rd the size of humans, mostly just sleep and eat and rarely fight, and have really tiny penises that are disproportionately small among apes.

They chose a lazy creature with diminished mental capacity and a micropenis to represent themselves.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Sounds like tortillas have it figured out
E: gorillas, not tortillas

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

davidspackage posted:

Gorillas, who I assumed don't need so much bite strength, are actually at 1300 psi, like bull sharks.
Fun fact(oid): the gene for ape jaw muscle formation is all messed up in humans which is why we have comparatively weak jaw muscles and atrophied jaws. There is (very big asterisk) speculation that this was a factor in our brainpans being able to grow so big. The gorillas might not need shark tier jaws but if they didn't there's a chance they'd be all hosed up on anxiety and capitalism.

Splicer has a new favorite as of 20:16 on Apr 8, 2024

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Splicer posted:

Fun fact(oid): the gene for ape jaw muscle formation is all messed up in humans which is why we have comparatively weak jaw muscles and atrophied jaws. There is (very big asterisk) speculation that this was a factor in our brainpans being able to grow so big. The gorillas might not need shark tier jaws but if they didn't there's a chance they'd be all hosed up on anxiety and capitalism.

this is interesting and sad in equal measure

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Splicer posted:

We think hard, we (don't) bite hard

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Are you saying I'm missing out on tusks and banana communism because my ancestor hosed the wrong monkey this is bullshit

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Karate Bastard posted:

my ancestor hosed the wrong monkey

My "I hosed a monkey & all I got was AIDS" shirt...

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D_oKwvWPT8&t=494s

The pitch: Crypto game "creators" steal an entire game off Steam and upload it to the EGS with some hastily-grafted on web 3.0 promises, and (most) of the original creators' names swapped out for their own.

The chaser: They were so bad at it that they still relied on the original game's server infrastructure, allowing the actual developers to push an update that bricked their entire ripoff with a message about how it was a scam being the only thing anyone who runs the client gets to see.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

steinrokkan posted:

Sounds like tortillas have it figured out
E: gorillas, not tortillas

No, no, I think you're on to something

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

no loving way

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Can be sure, but not likely

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Unperson_47 posted:

Can be sure, but not likely

Only one way to find out

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

No way a ape going to out vape my kids

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Show me a goriller using a gun or a halberd

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You need to catch up on the Planet of the Apes movies

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

he didn't say Mountain gorilla

What is the average land speed of a gorilla?

Mountain or jungle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N68rAkmqA_A

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You mean to tell me an ape escaped from this laboratory?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Feeling very bad for my next door neighbor.

quote:

I left KC at 7:10 this morning headed through St. Louis to Cape Girardeau. Got through STL fine, but every way south (270, 55, 21...) was so congested and logjammed, I could not get down. I ended up having to turn around and head back home. I spent 10 hours in the car and didn't even get to see the totality.

I planned a little better and got to see totality, but still spent 8 hours in the car.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

We planned very loosely but saw the totality and my wife did about 8 hours of driving while I took meetings from the back seat over choppy internet.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I mean, it was worth it, but next time I will be getting a place in the path of totality itself.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Unperson_47 posted:

Show me a goriller using a gun or a halberd
Will you accept
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oRq78CwE7c

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

The blurriness is a nice touch.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

it’s not blurry for me

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Subjunctive posted:

it’s not blurry for me

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Subjunctive posted:

it’s not blurry for me

lol

Also Nemesis, I don't have PMs so I just want to say that your railroad graffiti thread is dope.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Looking forward to more stories of towns getting rushed by one-day visitors converging for the eclipse. All I had to do was walk outside and look up :smuggo:

https://i.imgur.com/4JMEfWd.mp4

Schad on me forgetting to bring my work phone with a much better camera.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
My house got 99%, but we drove 45 min to my mom's for the totality. My first time to ever experience one. The schad: we had a light cloud cover so we could barely make out the corona.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Unperson_47 posted:

lol

Also Nemesis, I don't have PMs so I just want to say that your railroad graffiti thread is dope.

thank you ❤️

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Ya give her a halberd and a manpad

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A US military base in the Marshall Islands got a bit damp

https://i.imgur.com/H6jfi8k.mp4

"Get outta here!" Hmmm yeah, that might be a good idea
(Everyone was okay)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The lights stayed on a lot longer than I expected, i gotta say.