Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
what if told the AI judge that the AI forced me to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

god drat, he should sue for libel

it's a great example of how this poo poo is so hosed atm

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Robinhood gave me one USD in a "stablecoin" which is permanently pegged to the value of one USD. It kind of reminds me of something I saw recently though at Wawa. Some dude gave the clerk a piece of paper and claimed it was permanently pegged to the value of twenty USDs.

Concerning!

Nichael has issued a correction as of 07:35 on Apr 7, 2024

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Last time I got pegged it was way more than twenty USDs, but that's just Biden's America for ya

Pitcher Witcher
Jan 13, 2020

It costs $8 USD an hour to work in this box in train stations in Japan.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pitcher Witcher posted:

It costs $8 USD an hour to work in this box in train stations in Japan.

You don't have to work in it though. You can put your head on the little desk and take a nap.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

War and Pieces posted:

I recognize these eyebrows from somewhere...

tekken is looking like a documentary!!!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

$8 for a session in the wank booth ain't half bad

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

$8 for a session in the wank booth ain't half bad

doesn't seem like there's anything that requires you to go in solo tbh

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Presumably that booth is for taking quiet calls/meetings while en route.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

if those were in nyc drunk tourists would befoul them all within hours of installation

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Al! posted:

if those were in nyc drunk tourists would befoul them all within hours of installation

Tourists? Or bridge and tunnel folks??

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

eyyyy did i stutter? oh!

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Al! posted:

We are not a very high trust society, no

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Al! posted:

Good. They should be befouled. I would take a poo poo in one just on principle.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

SlimGoodbody posted:

We are not a very high trust society, no

we are a society with an insane lack of public toilets

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
We have a public toilet.

It's called san francisco :grin:

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Al! posted:

This is probably part of why we're a low trust society. Every single thing is a cutthroat for-profit artificial scarcity nightmare war of all against all

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Seattle parks have decent places to piss. bathrooms too.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Al! posted:

it hasn't ever been a pressing issue for me but you reminded me that none of the WMATA (DC metro) stations have public toilets and that is loving wild for a service that moves 400k people a day

like you're forcing them to poo poo in the cars

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Seattle parks have decent places to piss. bathrooms too.

It's called the rest of seattle

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

it hasn't ever been a pressing issue for me but you reminded me that none of the WMATA (DC metro) stations have public toilets and that is loving wild for a service that moves 400k people a day

The MTA serves 3 mil+ daily riders and also has no public toilets. Or it might have some but they’re few, far in between, and usually barely visible. It’s really loving bizarre after having been to any cities with actually accessible public bathrooms

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

pull yourself up by your poopstraps

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Jesus, I wouldn't even think that would be legal for a service like that not to have them. I can only imagine the friday/saturday night services get pretty disgusting fast.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The lack of free public restrooms has been an issue for me, when my kid was younger. Luckily(?) all the pay-per-shits have rentacops guarding them and me telling them look, I'll hold my toddler son like a flamethrower and destroy this wall I don't give a gently caress, or you can let me into this toilet, your call. Cowards to a man, they've let us in every time.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Biplane posted:

The lack of free public restrooms has been an issue for me, when my kid was younger. Luckily(?) all the pay-per-shits have rentacops guarding them and me telling them look, I'll hold my toddler son like a flamethrower and destroy this wall I don't give a gently caress, or you can let me into this toilet, your call. Cowards to a man, they've let us in every time.

the bigdog toilet guards of the future will not be swayed by your threats

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I just piss and poo poo whenever and wherever like a harry potter wizard but i'm not racist or transphobic about it so better? Yeah, better.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Desert Bus posted:

I just piss and poo poo whenever and wherever like a harry potter wizard but i'm not racist or transphobic about it so better? Yeah, better.

why was the ogre in a bathroom in the first one? or that fountain in the toilet in the other one? why is their a sewer stystem?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The Oldest Man posted:

the bigdog toilet guards of the future will not be swayed by your threats

sounds like a use case for ai

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

no lube so what posted:

why was the ogre in a bathroom in the first one? or that fountain in the toilet in the other one? why is their a sewer stystem?

People still need places to puke and make babies and do drugs etc.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

good news!
https://x.com/Kotaku/status/1777417522771546351

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Lol that it's basically one of dozens of handheld roms players but 5-10x the price because you can earn Bitcoin by playing Bitcoin videogames.

They even admit it'll take years to make even a small amount of buttcoin

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Desert Bus posted:

People still need places to puke and make babies and do drugs etc.

carry on

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

quote:

If a lot of this sounds a bit wishy-washy and not really specific, that’s because—as with most blockchain products and plans—it’s all very vague. Z3th is making lots of promises about earning money and Bitcoins and ordinals using the device. They say it will also mine coins and be a wallet for you. And there will be multiplayer support and the ability to play old games against friends to earn cryptocurrency, too. But nothing concrete on when to expect the BitBoy One, the actual price, or why most people would pay $500 for this device when similar retro handhelds can be bought for less than $100.
:rubby:

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Biplane posted:

lol its like japan being very stingy at providing public trashcans while pretending its very clean when its actually not

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Palladium posted:

lol its like japan being very stingy at providing public trashcans while pretending its very clean when its actually not

yeah this was an unfortunate surprise

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
my buddy went to Japan and said he learned quickly that you buy something from a vending machine and cram it into your face right there to throw the trash away in situ.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Everyone I know who went there marveled at how clean it was but that might just be in comparison to American cities :shrug:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Palladium posted:

What’s the story here then? There’s a YouTube channel I sometimes watch of a guy just going on long meandering walks around various bits of Japan and it always looks spotless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

they take all the trash and turn it into anime (rip)