Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Elfface posted:

They come with 3xlr audio jacks?

You can get the adapters cheap on Amazon, key for a recip saw on one end, audio jack on the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I had to GoogleTM what a heck a 'sawzall' is. I thought it would be something exotic but it's just a (motored) NOIVEsaw and not even CYERAMIC.

My first day of construction I called it a reciprocating saw and three loving years later they still made fun of me for it. Construction workers are so goddamn annoying.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

credburn posted:

My first day of construction I called it a reciprocating saw and three loving years later they still made fun of me for it. Construction workers are so goddamn annoying.

What trade?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

JGdmn posted:

What trade?

A couple of bulbasaurs for foil charizard

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I learned everything I know about power tools from the Benny Benassi - Satisfaction video.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

credburn posted:

At my old job they called it a reciprosaw so I can’t imagine anyone there would’ve cared that you used the full word. Must be a regional thing

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

kdrudy posted:

I learned everything I know about power tools from the Benny Benassi - Satisfaction video.

Audibly chuckled at this

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Empty Sandwich posted:

I love mine. it doesn't seem to feel the same way, though

You need a reciprocal saw for that.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

credburn posted:

Check out this guy, called it a reciprocating saw. What a nerd. Can't wait to tell Paco, and Ted Bundersen, down at the site tomorrow. They gonna get some real laffs hearing about this rube.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Empty Sandwich posted:

I love mine. it doesn't seem to feel the same way, though

Eh. It goes back and forth.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Mine always sticks out for me.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Eh. It goes back and forth.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

JGdmn posted:

What trade?

rough

edit; we had one of those reciprocating sawsalls at an old job of mine and I printed out some ancient pre-meme meme about "Jeffrey Dahmer Sawzall for man sized jobs" and taped it to the inside of the box.

Barometer has a new favorite as of 00:05 on Apr 9, 2024

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

I know I'll regret asking this, but what is this old creepily-lit white guy from?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Requiem for a Dream, rear end 2 rear end

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

root beer posted:

don't sign your posts

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

root beer posted:

it's pronounced rear end TO rear end

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I checked the plot summary on wikipedia and it looks incredibly depressing.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Tree Bucket posted:

I checked the plot summary on wikipedia and it looks incredibly depressing.

It is! It's a good film that I'll never rewatch

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
i havent watched it in a minute, but if i remember correctly jared leto was actually good in that movie, which is not something you can often say

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

My Spirit Otter posted:

i havent watched it in a minute, but if i remember correctly jared leto was actually good in that movie, which is not something you can often say

Marlon Wayans was also spectacular in it.

Honestly, the entire cast is firing on all cylinders.

Amazing film.

Not rewatchable.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

My Spirit Otter posted:

He was perfectly fine in The Thin Red Line, although I can’t recall if he actually had any dialogue and mainly remember him taking a burst of machine gun fire to the chest.

Blade Runner 2049 was cool. Don’t care about anything else he did.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

My Spirit Otter posted:

Does it have Edward Norton beat him to a pulp? If not, is it REALLY that good?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Everyone should watch Requiem for a Dream, and also read the book. Just the one time each is enough.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Do what my friend Warren did and tell your parents and your brother's family "Happiness" when they ask what movie they should watch for Christmas.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Dameius posted:

Everyone should watch Requiem for a Dream, and also read the book. Just the one time each is enough.
I think I suppressed that movie, actually. I know I watched it shortly after it came out. I know if I consider rewatching it, my mind recoils in terror. But if I try to remember actual scenes, I just get really depressed and think about something else.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Dillbag posted:

Do what my friend Warren did and tell your parents and your brother's family "Happiness" when they ask what movie they should watch for Christmas.
I would absolutely make A Todd Solondz Christmas into an annual tradition

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If y'all haven't seen it yet nor read a summary, it's a TCC goldmine thread captured on film.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Ellen Burstyn also whips rear end in that movie.

I haven't been able to take Jared Leto seriously since this :iceburn:.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmke7G3ccjo

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

fartknocker posted:

Blade Runner 2049 was cool. Don’t care about anything else he did.

I thought he stood out a pretty bad in 2049, not enough to ruin the movie, but I remember first time I saw it always wanting his scenes could be over as soon as possilbe.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Dillbag posted:

I remember about 18 years ago a religious (fairly sheltered) Seventh Day Adventist acquaintance asked for some films to watch and I recommended Requiem for a Dream saying that it was a good view into what drugs do to your life.

Needless to say I'd forgotten some (most) of the scenes from the movie and they didn't ask me for recommendations after that.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
They call it sawzall with the implication that it can saw all, but clearly it cannot.

Therefore the correct name should be sawzmost or sawzsome

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

Wild EEPROM posted:

They call it sawzall with the implication that it can saw all, but clearly it cannot.

Therefore the correct name should be sawzmost or sawzsome

Change your blade

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Sawzalmost was right there

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Something Sawful.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cable Guy posted:

Something Sawful.

Sawthing Zallful

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Please do not be alarmed. We are about to engage The Sozzle. Please do not move while The Sozzle is engaging. Moving will disrupt calibration of The Sozzle.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
So zizzle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Aperture Priority posted:

Sawzall is a Milwaukee brand name where Tiger Saw is a Porter Cable brand name

Little boy: “There’s a storm coming!”

Sarah Conner: “nah probably not. I’ll be fine”