Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

wheatpuppy posted:

I meant the bit where she said, "we had to go around the corner to find a place for him to change.". I took that to mean he did actually change, but it is not explained well.

Here is a totally mature, grown-up man:

AITA for grounding my daughter for ruining our vacation

What, you expect the adult to control himself? He can't say "no" to a bet, that'd be a sign of weakness! Instead he will just pout dramatically every time he is bested by a child.

I wonder how this is going-

quote:

She’s spoiled at her dad’s house. He remarried when she was 5, she’s a stay at home mom, and my daughter is an only child over there. She used to come home saying “mommy (they told her to call his wife mommy) said I don’t need to clean up because I’m a princess”. She still doesn’t pack her own backpack or lunch, her dad pays her every time she competes in a track meet, and she has a credit card with no hard limit, she’s just told to “use her best judgement” or “be reasonable”

quote:

He can make me pay back pay. I was supposed to pay years ago but he said not to worry about it. Her dad and his wife totally enable this behavior. She used to come over and say “mommy says I don’t have to clean up because I’m a princess.” She also refuses to spend the night when she has school because she has to pack her own backpack and lunch.

She has a rich ex who was happy to not make her spend money re: their kid and now she's binned that situation. Jealousy and hate for her own kid seethe out of her every word. What a weirdo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

AITA for not giving my little cousin my Crumbl Cookie?

quote:

This is going to sound dumb but I (16F) have been craving crumbl cookie all week and they had my favorite flavor on the menu (pink sugar cookie). I drove to crumbl and got a single cookie for myself. When I came home from crumbl. I ate half of the cookie and left the other half on the counter. The next day my aunt came over with my cousin (9M) . He saw my cookie on the table and asked me if he could have it. I told him no and explained to him that I have been wanting the cookie all week. He whined and said “But cookies are my favorite food”. I just said sorry and told him that the next time he comes over we could bake cookies together. He was not satisfied with my answer and ran to my aunt crying. My aunt said to just let him eat it and she will rebuy me the cookie some other time. The thing is. It was sunday and if you know about crumbl they change their menu every week (and pink sugar has not been on the menu in ages!). So this plan was not going to work. I told my aunt this and she said “he is only 9 and you're 16 you can sacrifice a cookie for a small child”. My cousin looked at my aunt again. I once again said no, my aunt just glared at me, turned, looked over at my little cousin and said “go ahead”. My cousin ran over to my cookie. I rush to get it before him but he picks it up first so since he was milliseconds aways from biting the cookie I push the cookie out of his hands and he starts crying. As he is bending down to pick it up off of the floor to still eat it I stomp on it causing it to mush everywhere. My cousin cries so aunt starts to yell at me calling me immature and that I should learn how to sacrifice things for family and children and how giving him the cookie would not have hurt me. She then said “how do you feel now that you are wasting your money from nobody eating it?”. I then told her I would have felt like my money was wasted either way since I bought the cookie for myself and didn't get to eat it.This threw her over the edge and then immediately complained to my dad. My dad is on my side but my mom thinks I should have just given him the cookie. I can admit stomping on the cookie was an overreaction but why would my cousin be entitled to the cookie I paid for just because we both want it? So, AITA?

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Troublemaker posted:

Stories like this are sad cause it really is a great teachable moment for a kid to learn that sometimes you don't get what you want and that is okay

But really I want to know the size of the cookie

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Sex Farm posted:

Stories like this are sad cause it really is a great teachable moment for a kid to learn that sometimes you don't get what you want and that is okay

Minimum 600 calories per cookie. Over a third of a pound, I think?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Sex Farm posted:

Crumbl cookies are about 5” in diameter. They sell a cookie cutter to divide it into four servings if you so desire.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

If the cookie is big enough, and the children were parented good, you could be like "I get where you're coming from, but breaking him off a piece and saying 'you can have some, but this belongs to me and is important to me' would have been a better approach"

But that assumes the smaller child has any concept of boundaries and also that you would expect the 16 year old to teach their younger cousin which isn't fair so I dunno ignore this entire post I guess

Edit: also the teenager doesn't owe any cookie to anyone in the first place so I dunno, the aunt is the rear end in a top hat first and foremost though

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

I'd eat a Levain cookie over the course of two or three days so I get it. If Crumbl is as expensive kid can pound sand.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna bet that the aunt is on the mom's side of the family there.

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy
Stories of adults being unwilling to say no to a child infuriate me.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

It's so irritating because everyone in life has to learn that you don't always get whatever you want, and you need to have the skills to cope with that. The kid is 9; he's more than old enough to learn that lesson. But for the kid to hear a hard NO from his cousin and have his mom tell him to just go take it anyway is setting a really, really bad precedent. Not really the kind of morality ("if you want it, just take it, even if you're told no) you want to instill in someone. I'd prefer if young boys (or anyone, really) aren't taught to override someone's "no."

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Schlub Husband posted:

Stories of adults being unwilling to say no to a child infuriate me.

I guarantee the aunt demands that her boundaries are always respected. No respect for the boundaries of anyone else though.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Troublemaker posted:

Yeah, that one confused me because she kept insisting that no other girlfriends were allowed to go, so why did OP get to go, and I was wondering which of the guys he was dating since he said they were all straight. Because if he's not one of their boyfriends, then her argument makes no sense. But apparently it's not the "no significant others" she has a problem with, it's that she thinks of him as a woman, and therefore other women should get to go.

Sad that Antonio picked her over his friends.

Yeah, at first I thought OP was dating one of they other guys, because "You said no partners but this partner is allowed" makes some amount of sense, but no, this is OP's friend group and they're taking a trip as friends without their partners.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

mystes posted:

I can't decide if
1) Gina really thinks the OP is going to have sex with Antonio
2) Gina is just really homophobic and doesn't want Antonio to interact with the OP because of that
3) Gina just doesn't want Antonio to go at all and she's just latched on to this as an excuse (in which case what if the OP really just was like "oh okay fine I won't go"? But maybe she didn't actually think it through that far)

The way I read it is 4) Gina is extremely homophobic and doesn't view OP as a "real" beer drinking footy playing GUY because he is gay. So is jealous that he gets to go a "guys trip" when he won't be playing football/smoking cigars/going to strip clubs etc. and all the other things that "real" guys do on these things. So its not fair that he gets to go and she doesnt. Because he wont be "enjoying" all the manly activities. Because he is gay, you see.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Apr 9, 2024

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for not addressing a parent “correctly”?

quote:

I am a teacher and I have a tough parent this year. This parent has been fine until recently when I called her by her first name after I was told that she wished to be addressed on all communication. I personally don’t use Ms. Mrs. Or Mr. Unless I know for sure what one they go by. She has said Ms. And Mrs. before interchangeably so I decided her first name was a safe option at that time because I was just told she wanted to be addressed on emails. She got mad and contacted my supervisors’ supervisor. After that she had said parent or Ms. is an okay way to address her.

Today I sent out an email to all of my students starting with “Parents and Guardians of (insert students name here)” as I am not going to assume all of my students live with their mom and or dad, and she blew up on me and on my supervisor who called her to talk with her about things. All because she is not a guardian she is the parent. So am I the rear end in a top hat?

Edit to add that when she was upset by me calling her by her first name I did apologize and get her verbal approval of calling her parent of (insert students name here). I have also called this parent by their first name in the past. I was not given a reason as to why it is an issue now other than it is for her.

quote:

She was simply upset about the face that I added guardian. I don’t think she understood that it was a mass email.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
AITA for inviting a clown to my wedding and putting him in the pictures?

quote:

Throwaway account b/c obvious reasons.

I (29F) married my hubby (31M) a few months ago. Neither of us were particularly interested in spending a boatload of money on a wedding no one would actually enjoy, so we were casual. The wedding was in the party room of a pizza place we love (it's in a recently-renovated 19th-century factory, so it's cool-looking) and decided to let our friends and family bring their army of small children b/c pizza. To entertain the kids, we decided to have a few carnival-themed games and snacks available and we hired a clown (M23) to do balloon animals.

I know this clown, he is a friend of my cousin's who has good clown credentials. He was great with the kids. We had the bright idea to invite the clown to be in some of our wedding photos, as well.

Anyhow, I noticed MIL (F60s) had been kind of distant since the wedding but I didn't realize that she was pissed at us until she came to dinner last night. We got the wedding photos and picked our favorite, which is the two of us looking at each other dramatically with the clown standing next to us holding a big fake squeaky hammer like he was about to bonk my husband's head. We got it framed and put it up in the house.

When my MIL saw the photo, she lost it. She blamed me for embarrassing her and continuing to rub it in her face with the clown photos, and that I should've put my foot down and made sure her son had a classy wedding and not the "clown show you put on". My husband told his mom to leave but I'm honestly kind of shaken.

The feedback from other family/friends has been positive and I've had a good relationship with my MIL thus far, so this was a surprise. I know a lot of people say that the wedding is for the family, not the couple, which isn't something I took seriously until now, and I'm wondering if I should've considered my MIL's feelings more when putting together the party. So am I the rear end in a top hat for my clown show wedding?

Good clown credentials

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Mx. posted:

AITA for not addressing a parent “correctly”?

Send a new mass e mail replying to her complaint

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Mother in law is not down with the clown. She's not willing to let him jest.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

the holy poopacy posted:

Fellas, my wife doesn't want a partner who beats her. Does this mean she's a cheating harlot???

They've been together for 7 years. That's a lot of opportunities to cheat!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

ApplesandOranges posted:

Good clown credentials

Thread title.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

ApplesandOranges posted:

Good clown credentials

This wedding sounds pretty drat cool.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I love that OP put the clown's age in lol

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

ApplesandOranges posted:

Good clown credentials

We have found it. The one and only wedding picture worth showing to people not directly involved in the wedding.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

quote:

The wedding was in the party room of a pizza place we love

quote:

I should've put my foot down and made sure her son had a classy wedding and not the "clown show you put on".

Pretty sure if your wedding’s in a pizza place ‘classy’ is out of the question, clown or no clown. Unless the pizzas and clown had tuxedos?

(Honestly that wedding sounds like it would have been a blast)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Just reply to all criticism with “oh, wait, I hadn’t realized we invited two clowns to the wedding” and they will slink away in shame while everyone stands up and claps

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Me: That's a nice dress
MIL: :)
Me: For a clown to wear
Me: at a wedding
MIL: Nooo

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i had a clown at my wedding but if you think about it the real clowns are the people who bothered to show up for my third wedding

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

house of the dad posted:

I will only accept being divorced slowly and at a comfortable pace

Spit on your hand
And sign these forms
At a medium pace

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Biplane posted:

Me: That's a nice dress
MIL: :)
Me: For a clown to wear
Me: at a wedding
MIL: Nooo

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Enemabag Jones posted:

I'd eat a Levain cookie over the course of two or three days so I get it. If Crumbl is as expensive kid can pound sand.

Granted this is from DoorDash, so there's some markup, but yeah, Crumbl ain't cheap.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But how does it compare to Goldbelly?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

I see this and I think about the context of:

Are we playing one game? gently caress no I'm not winning any points.

Are we playing three sets? I'm sure I can suss out a bullshit point against Serena. Maybe if she double faults or something.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

ApplesandOranges posted:

Good clown credentials

"WELCOME TO PAPPYS PIZZA, HOME OF THE ROOTIN' TOOTIN' CHILI 'ZA!"
"3:00 LAKYNN'S 8TH BIRTHDAY PARTY"
"5:00 SMITH WEDDING"

*A man in a giant rat costume stands near the door*
"Here for the wedding? Right this way, here are your 10 free arcade tokens."

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

What’s the chance MIL would find SOMETHING to be pissy and entitled over in that wedding? If it wasn’t the clown it would be the factory, or pizza, or anything that doesn’t conform to a dull ceremony before The Lord followed by dry chicken.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A crumbl is like half a cookie cake, they're a special occasion cookie. Too sugary for my taste, not enough savory.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Kuros posted:

Are we playing three sets? I'm sure I can suss out a bullshit point against Serena. Maybe if she double faults or something.
I think I have like a 0.5-1% chance. She's a professional athlete, there's always a chance that her ACL just explodes for no reason.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Yeah, I mean I think I have like a one or 2% chance of beating a bear in a one on one fight. Maybe I find a really big stick that turns the tide of the battle. Failing that, I've also got a pretty mean left hook.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Troublemaker posted:

It starts so innocently with "give me your cookie", then comes "give me your car", and, finally, "give me your house".

Gotta nip this in the bud while you can.

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 9, 2024

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Halloween Jack posted:

I think I have like a 0.5-1% chance. She's a professional athlete, there's always a chance that her ACL just explodes for no reason.

Look, if that Randy Johnson bird incident happens twice in a row, on consecutive serves, I might get a point.

My favorite type of male chauvinist is guys who think they can get up off the couch and immediately beat or even compete in the same realm as female athletes.

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008

The_Franz posted:

It start so innocently with "give me your cookie", then comes "give me your car", and, finally, "give me your house".

Gotta nip this in the bud while you can.

If you give a kid a cookie...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I have twice defeated a bear in close-quarters battle. In both cases I tactically assessed the situation and immediately neutralized the bear with a headshot from approximately 10m using a rock I found on the ground. The bear hosed off into the woods.