Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Me, before and after logging on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Many years ago a friend of mine suggested I watch the movie Man Bites Dog because the premise of a mockumentary team following a hitman around was very funny and novel in 1993. One graphic child smothering and gang rape later, it didn’t seem so comical

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Tree Bucket posted:

I checked the plot summary on wikipedia and it looks incredibly depressing.

Like everyone else said, yeah, it really is. I couldn’t get through the whole thing. Didn’t help that I was already feeling suicidal at the time.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
A wager from 1784 apparently found in the records of Brook's Club, London:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
At least it was consensual.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I saw Requiem for a Dream at the height of my drug years, on a Sunday morning after having been awake since Thursday. It’s a powerful piece of cinema and I do not ever need to see it again.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
My first date with my now wife was seeing Requiem for a Dream and we've never used heroin so the movie was very effective in its core message (don't do heroin)

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
did she like the rear end to rear end scene?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Who do you think suggested the OP recreate it?

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Non Compos Mentis posted:

A gentleman never goes rear end to rear end and tells

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Somehow he became British.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Philippe posted:

So glad they kicked him off of GBBO, he gave me the creeps.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 40 minutes!

Philippe posted:

He changed his name to Gerald and he grows big veggies.

https://x.com/geraldstratfor3/status/1745166316586029320?s=46

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Dillbag posted:

Do what my friend Warren did and tell your parents and your brother's family "Happiness" when they ask what movie they should watch for Christmas.

This is violence.

Also I have done something similar with this movie to someone.

Also John Lovitz was great.

You’re poo poo, and I’m champaign!!!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I admit I like Darren Aranofsky films. Heck, i'm watching Noah on TV right now.

Now Mother!that was a :allbuttons: movie.

Have a funny picture(?):

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Please don't post shaved Chewbacca.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

This is just Bill Burr in another 20 years.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Scratch Monkey posted:

Many years ago a friend of mine suggested I watch the movie Man Bites Dog because the premise of a mockumentary team following a hitman around was very funny and novel in 1993. One graphic child smothering and gang rape later, it didn’t seem so comical
Very disturbing movie. I saw it in college on the recommendation of my "French for the Humanities" (= "You're a grad student, so you only have to read this language") instructor, who said, "You may have missed this, but the original title was 'It Happened Near You,' which is what the tabloids splatter all over their front pages when something lurid happens."

I said, diplomatically, "It was a challenging movie to watch. It would have a hard time getting a wide release in America, but I'm glad that France is open-minded."

He fixes me with a death glare and says, "Belgium. The movie is Belgian." To this day, I don't know if it was a matter of national pride for him (he had a Francophone last name, so he might have been Belgian) or disgust ("How dare you associate my fine country with that?")

Speaking of reciprocating saws sawzalls tiger saws dual-use construction dildonics, I got to use my cheapo Harbor Freight model this weekend. We're moving out soon and thus clearing out the place. A few years ago, I built bunk beds in the front bedroom for fostering kids. My carpentry skill at the time wasn't great, so I put them together with lag bolts instead of castle joists, and with the headboard/footboard being permanently connected there was no way to remove the bed through the door at the angle that it was, so vip vip. (I had previously removed the top bunk and disassembled it when I tried to have my mother come to stay with us; had to chop it up then too, but fortunately I built them in two levels so the top could be removed separately -- held on by four pieces of rebar at each bedpost.)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Add me to the “seen once” Requiem for a Dream club. gently caress me it was powerful, but only psychos want to watch it over and over.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
Similar to Requiem for a dream, 21 Grams and Magnolia were two other films that I don’t want to watch again, despite both being good.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Schindler’s List and The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and Zone of Interest are all powerful films you need only once.

Obviously you see a thematic trend. :smith:

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

Same for Requiem, also same for Brazil for me. Terribly depressing picture of an authoritarian bureaucracy on autopilot so hard there isn't a real villain anywhere in the movie, just "guys doing their job" like the cops arresting the guy and trying to help him saying "hey, stop resisting, think of your credit rating!"

e: yeah...funny picture thread was getting a bit down so i thought something both funny and heartwarming would do nice.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dance McPants has a new favorite as of 16:52 on Apr 9, 2024

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
That dude's a martial artist stuntman and actor. Famous for playing henchmen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Leong

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Also for playing Genghis Khan in Bill & Ted. He was loving EVERYWHERE in the 80s.

Also what an amazing ad, goddamn.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

deoju posted:

Ellen Burstyn also whips rear end in that movie.

I haven't been able to take Jared Leto seriously since this :iceburn:.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmke7G3ccjo

There's nothing wrong with honeydew.... but I DO hate jared leto....

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

MY WIFE used to work in the music industry decades back, and apparently Jared Leto is as creepy and culty as you might imagine.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

deoju posted:

That dude's a martial artist stuntman and actor. Famous for playing henchmen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Leong

hope he didn't catch the brainworms by getting close to sorbo

e, oh poo poo I thought he looked really familiar

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 17:12 on Apr 9, 2024

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

LifeSunDeath posted:

e, oh poo poo I thought he looked really familiar

He's also in Die Hard as one of the terrorists. His thought process in his big scene...shoot the cops coming in the front door, grab the Snickers bar? Shoot cops, grab Snickers bar? Grab Snickers bar, then shoot cops! (I hope I'm remembering the scene correctly...)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Admiralty Flag posted:

He's also in Die Hard as one of the terrorists. His thought process in his big scene...shoot the cops coming in the front door, grab the Snickers bar? Shoot cops, grab Snickers bar? Grab Snickers bar, then shoot cops! (I hope I'm remembering the scene correctly...)

hell yeah

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lorge Gucas

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Also in Lethal Weapon, he shocks Riggs titties with a wet sponge and a car battery.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Now I want a snickers

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

No. 6 posted:

Now I want a snickers

Calm down, So-crates

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Phy posted:

Lorge Gucas

It's his evil clone, Luucas

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Lucas George

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Lorge is like large but more large. Like smol, but opposite.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Bigger Lucas

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

gbut posted:

MY WIFE used to work in the music industry decades back, and apparently Jared Leto is as creepy and culty as you might imagine.

He literally runs a cult? Unless the news is lying to me.

https://www.lofficielusa.com/pop-culture/jared-leto-cult-croatia-thirty-seconds-to-mars-gucci

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

LifeSunDeath posted:

Al had a bad stroke in the mid 2000s and lost some of his mental faculties, so I'm happy to blame that piece of poo poo Sorbo. It sucks because I grew up idolizong Leong, James Lew, Jeff Imada, Gerry Okamura, and all the stunt guys that came out of John Carpenter's Big Trouble in Little China. Having Asian role models like that was cool for a poor old Chinese boy growing up in a small Canadian logging town in the 80s.