Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

the Barbie movie treatment but for Rob Liefeld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I love how much they're started to scrape the bottom of the barrel for IP. Can't wait for the Brother Power the Geek film

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Alan Smithee posted:

the Barbie movie treatment but for Rob Liefeld

Deadpool kinda already did this. I just realised that Barbie was giving me a lot of Deadpool vibes with its sincere meta shenanigans and very loose fourth wall.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Monica Bellucci posted:

Areola is just another word for halo.

That’s simply all it is, nothing at all weird about Areola the Warrior Nun

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Drunkboxer posted:

That’s simply all it is, nothing at all weird about Areola the Warrior Nun

You should see her sister, Laser Nips.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Timby posted:

I still laugh at the PS3 launching with a built-in Blu-ray drive, and Microsoft releasing an HD-DVD drive accessory for the Xbox 360 a year after the 360's launch ... and trying to sell it for loving $200.

I picked up one of those HD DVD add-ons after the format was essentially dead. I paid about £20 for it and it came with 12 films. For a few years I picked up a bunch more films and never paid more than maybe £3 for any of them. It was cheaper than renting regular DVDs. Eventually I sold the lot and got about half of my total spend. Was a good way to watch things in HD for a few years!

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Areala is merely the latest victim of goon lowercase-A blindness

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm there day one for WARRIOR NUN AREOLA

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Deadpool kinda already did this. I just realised that Barbie was giving me a lot of Deadpool vibes with its sincere meta shenanigans and very loose fourth wall.

The trailers for Ryan Gosling's new Fall Guy movie kind of give me Ryan Reynolds vibes, though I hope that I'm off on that. Though I also would kind of like to see Gosling do a parody of Reynold's default character.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

ALFbrot posted:

Areala is merely the latest victim of goon lowercase-A blindness

print the legend

mystes
May 31, 2006

duz posted:

Especially if it helps show that you have gone insane.
My main complaint with The Martian is that the audiobook narrator pronounced ASCII as A-S-C-2.
Was that the R. C. Bray or Wil Wheaton version?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

mystes posted:

Was that the R. C. Bray or Wil Wheaton version?

I don't think it was the Wheaton version but it's been so long I can't recall exactly.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

I hope that they don't film any of the actors' feet.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

DarkSol posted:

I hope they spend tens of millions of dollars altering feet, and that’s what keeps them from breaking even.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Margot Robbie passes out after her special fx corset cuts off circulation

Ironic given Barbie’s meta commentary

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Margot Robbie passes out after her special fx corset cuts off circulation

And then she falls into the sea, where her special gold headband sets off a shockwave that signals The Black Pearl to her location and then we finally have her Pirates movie.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Delayed for years because none of the crew felt like showing up for work.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

DarkSol posted:

Quentin Tarantino is sending hitmen to your location as we speak.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1777326780501893440

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW7enw6mFxs

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

When you've got the chance to have the CW superhero guy remake Moonwalkers you've got to jump at it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

You can kinda reverse-engineer the thought process. Like, I'm gonna call it "The Antifa Massacre" - but oh, poo poo, that sounds like anti-fascists are committing massacres? That's bad! So I'll specify that it's The Massacre Of Antifas.

But maybe I've gone too far there, because that's now implying that fascists are killing individual antifascist people. That's a bit too direct, a bit too partisan. So I'll drop the 's' and depluralize it: "The Massacre of Antifa". This now implies that Antifa, the concrete organization in a centralized location with clear leadership, has been dissolved or something - but in vague terms that people won't understand. Perfect!

https://x.com/firewalkwjaime/status/1777522943053922530

Apparently the Antifa footage comes from none other than Andy Ngo, lmao. "Why can't we all just get along", indeed!

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Apparently the Antifa footage comes from none other than Andy Ngo, lmao. "Why can't we all just get along", indeed!

Also, unless that's a different Helen Lewis, they're thanking a rancid British TERF as well.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
There's probably north of 2 million Helen Lewises on planet Earth but the likelihood ain't 0.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

100% chance Ngo's footage was stolen as well so waiting for the lawyers to strut in

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth

What??? This just sounds like Operation Avalanche but not funny

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Nucleic Acids posted:

Also, unless that's a different Helen Lewis, they're thanking a rancid British TERF as well.

What a shocking surprise! lol

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Very easy way to avoid that kind of thing is having a point of view in the first place.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Very easy way to avoid that kind of thing is having a point of view in the first place.

I know I don’t gotta tell you this, but I really doubt that the ‘naively apolitical’ politics-of-administration stance - insistent that it’s still the end of history - is anything but a cover for reactionary horseshit. Distinct Whedon vibes.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I know I don’t gotta tell you this, but I really doubt that the ‘naively apolitical’ politics-of-administration stance - insistent that it’s still the end of history - is anything but a cover for reactionary horseshit. Distinct Whedon vibes.

Yeah, he gives me "Whedon but very self serious" vibes.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

the milk massacre of antifa

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Since we don't have a capeshit thread anymore: First trailer for Joker 2: Too Jokey. Very curious how this will turn out.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

2 Jokes 2 Furious

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

God that crash dieting cannot be healthy for him. Hell, I hope those body shots are mostly cg, just for the sake of his health.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Jeau is Afraid

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

GrandpaPants posted:

God that crash dieting cannot be healthy for him. Hell, I hope those body shots are mostly cg, just for the sake of his health.
Isn't he super method?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Lost a lot of enthusiasm when it came out that it’s a jukebox musical but will probably see it anyways for Gaga alone.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

jokebox musical

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Pirate Jet posted:

when it came out that it’s a jukebox musical
Oof. Oh noooooo.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Can't wait to see the Joker and Harley sing Taylor Swift's Anti-Hero or whatever. It's like AMVs come to life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The soundtrack will be "Oops all pedophiles" to maintain the style established in the first film.