Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
There's no textual proof that the characters aren't praying to mecca whenever off screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
I'm no expert but I don't think Dungeon Meshi is halal.

Edit: at the very least I think the treasure bugs must be haram; the kelpie and various dry-land mollusks seem questionable

Pitch has issued a correction as of 05:09 on Apr 8, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Pitch posted:

I'm no expert but I don't think Dungeon Meshi is halal.

Edit: at the very least I think the treasure bugs must be haram; the kelpie and various dry-land mollusks seem questionable

If it's not in the Quran, then a meal you should plan.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Also (not joking) I think trying to rescue your sister with no funds and provisions is one of those situations which is considered an exception to dietary laws.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

is bringing your friend back to life by reconstructing their body with the flesh and blood of a dead monster halal

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Are spirits Djinn?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Are spirits Djinn?

No, spirits aren’t djinn.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
if you watch azumanga daioh as a child, blessed. if you watch azumanga daioh as an adult, submit to the struggle session

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Gripweed posted:

No, spirits aren’t djinn.

No djinn no probljim,

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

rewatching stand alone complex and man everything about gouda and the refugees is incredibly ahead of its time, can't believe this was made in 2002

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
barnacle djinn

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
snap into a slim djinn

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Bro Dad posted:

rewatching stand alone complex and man everything about gouda and the refugees is incredibly ahead of its time, can't believe this was made in 2002

i don't remember the plot focusing on cheese but i'll take your word for it

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

the first episode of the omegaverse anime is out

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The Oldest Man posted:

:whitewater:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
oh no

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

The Oldest Man posted:

huh

wait it's legit i thought you were just razzing about a premise by comparing it but it's actually this stuff what

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Kitfox88 posted:

huh

wait it's legit i thought you were just razzing about a premise by comparing it but it's actually this stuff what

i had to learn it existed so now all of you have to know about it too

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

what's an omegaverse

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

i mean whatever floats someone's boat i ain't gonna judge i just am absolutely amazed it's like, a show airing on tv that is not at best a huge mocking parody

genericnick posted:

what's an omegaverse

you aren't going to trap sprung me that easily

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Oldest Man posted:

why did you tell us that!?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

The Oldest Man posted:

you watched it and touched yourself

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Straight women must be stopped.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

fujoshis learning about and rapidly incorporating omegaverse stuff into their works to the point where its now being televised has the same sinister energy as playing a RTS as the good faction (homosexuals) and realizing that your opponent (straight women) has vastly outperformed you and is heading towards your base with units far surpassing your own.

Whirling has issued a correction as of 19:31 on Apr 9, 2024

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Does Omegaverse still heavily feature dogdicks or is it just the whole stratified society and male pregnancy stuff now.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Ohtori Akio posted:

you watched it and touched yourself

telling on yourself

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Straight women must be stopped.

been saying this

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

So was it any good

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Whirling posted:

fujoshis learning about and rapidly incorporating omegaverse stuff into their works to the point where its now being televised has the same sinister energy as playing a RTS as the good faction (homosexuals) and realizing that your opponent (straight women) has vastly outperformed you and is heading towards your base with units far surpassing your own.

While you were watching anime they studied the pen.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Kitfox88 posted:

huh

There are multiple omegaverse light novel and manga series available for purchase at your local Barnes and Noble.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Gripweed posted:

There are multiple omegaverse light novel and manga series available for purchase at your local Barnes and Noble.

jokes on you my mall's a shambling wreck with two active stores, the b&n closed down years ago!

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I watched halfway thru Trigun Stampede. First anime I've watched in like a year. and I'm amazed that they managed to create a version of Vash that is not funny or charismatic or even particularly good at gunfighting. He's like a completely different guy.

There's a bit on the sand steamer where he gets knocked on his rear end and just puts his hands up and waits to get shot before Wolfwood saves him. Like drat, at this point Vash is so incompetent I don't even care about him

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Casey Finnigan posted:

I watched halfway thru Trigun Stampede. First anime I've watched in like a year. and I'm amazed that they managed to create a version of Vash that is not funny or charismatic or even particularly good at gunfighting. He's like a completely different guy.

There's a bit on the sand steamer where he gets knocked on his rear end and just puts his hands up and waits to get shot before Wolfwood saves him. Like drat, at this point Vash is so incompetent I don't even care about him

definitely seemed like they wanted to push his character into even more extreme pacifism

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Casey Finnigan posted:

Haven't watched or read any of the old Trigun, but adaptions tend to be much more faithful to the source material nowadays, so maybe it's just that.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

no milly didn't watch

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

It's hosed up how much more powerful fujoshis are than himejoshis

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
me evrytime i log on twitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpOdFxTC8ZQ

Popy posted:

jojo plz

smh David Pro. animating horses cant be that hard just work harder.

wait did did SBR get announced?!

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

girls love needs more drama and stuff happening than the romance. I want more poo poo like Utena or The Handmaiden (not a manga but you get what I mean) and less slice-of-life snoozers.

however fujoshis are preferable to the poo poo straight men put out in Japan. if you ever go on mangadex and look at the trending manga, its all romances with the most inane premises possible, like "This girl is acting as a practice date for an equally lonely man, but suddenly they both start getting feelings for each other!", or, "My office lady manager is 6'6" and bossy".

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Casey Finnigan posted:

I haven't read the manga and only caught a little bit of the original anime, but Stampede is kind of a downer so far. Just nothing but sadness and a group of assholes so drunk on nihilism that they join a literal death cult and worship loving Knives of all people.

The first anime was at least fun sometimes. Is the manga always this bleak?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

wait did did SBR get announced?!

Also this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Bro Dad posted: