Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Rogue Elephant posted:

IIRC there was an O lineman who injured his knee and finished the game but when they imaged it he had torn his ACL

edit: Tommy Doyle for the Bills a couple years ago
That was the infamous Miami game (either for the heat or the Bills being wusses moaning about the heat), when they ran out of replacement OL for the last drive. Having had to miss most of the '22 season, he managed to injure himself again a pre-season game so missed all of last season. Fate is a cruel mistress.

Also last season, in the Bills-Steelers playoff game, punter Sam Martin injured his hamstring trying to recover a blocked field goal towards the end of the second half. He had to punt early in the third. They signed a replacement ahead of the divisional round as they weren't sure he would be fit to play. They played him anyway and his performance was questionable. (I think they prioritised Bass having a holder he knew)
https://twitter.com/BangedUpBills/status/1747032341497737416

Also, Rasul Douglas was injured in the Steelers game. It was clear in the KC game he wasn't right, but by that point the whole Elam situation was such the team didn't trust him for a single snap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

What an absolute jabroni

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39902254/chiefsaholic-xaviar-babudar-ordered-pay-teller

quote:

Last Wednesday, Tulsa County District Judge Tracy L. Priddy ordered Xaviar Babudar, widely known as Chiefsaholic, to pay Payton Garcia, the former teller, $3.6 million for inflicting physical harm and emotional distress and $7.2 million in punitive damages.
Babudar was first arrested Dec. 16, 2022, in Bixby, after fleeing the Tulsa Teachers Credit Union, where he pointed at black CO2 pistol at Garcia and demanded she give him "the 100s" or he'd put a bullet in her head, according to Bixby police.
He was released on bond in February 2023, and a month later, after receiving $100,000 in winnings from two bets on the Chiefs, escaped. He evaded authorities for nearly four months before being apprehended July 7, 2023, in California.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hopelessly dependent on Chiefsahol.

A cautionary tale.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Robbing a bank Clark Griswold style.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm glad that lady is going to get $11 million dollars from the weird Chiefs mascot guy

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Well, she'll never get the money, but it prevents him from ever profiting on his story.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Pretty heavy speculation that Green Bay / Eagles will be in Brazil

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1777712368648073513

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://x.com/DanWSports/status/1777409196767728052

Presented without comment

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Lots of people are saying he’s the next Urban Meyer.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Jim you weirdo stop it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

OneMoreTime posted:

Jim you weirdo stop it

No don't

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

That seems like it would be a massive ballache shifting lockers around every time a dude joins or leaves the team. Like on top of the :psyduck: of the recruit level

Oops we have a #44 now, gotta move 45-99 one to the right

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
This has the same energy as that weird tree chopping bit

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they're going to have the weirdest touchdowns... possibly ever

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

What on earth is the rationale for the recruit level bit?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

fsif posted:

Anyone can make it if you grind hard enough, or some poo poo like that

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

fsif posted:

I could see it a "So-called experts thought you were a below average (2*) prospect coming out of HS but here you are thriving in the NFL!" deal.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I’m not sure about Harbaugh

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

fsif posted:

You must never forget that you are who you were as a rookie.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

No Butt Stuff posted:

Lots of people are saying he’s the next Urban Meyer.

Do those people realize he's already been an NFL coach

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Gatts posted:

I’m not sure about Harbaugh

I'm wondering if he might have college brain permanently now

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

As was mentioned before, his weirdo motivational speaker persona is going to have short term benefits but it’ll wear out its welcome in a few years. It’s harder to pull off when your team isn’t mostly a bunch of impressionable 19-20 year olds, but grown men working a job.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Why stop there? Put their HS recruiting profile pics on the plates as well for added misery.

Sauce Gardner, 3 stars...

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

The337th posted:

I think the better question is, does he?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fishing with the fam posted:

You must never forget that you are who you were as a rookie.

*high school senior

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Docjowles posted:

That seems like it would be a massive ballache shifting lockers around every time a dude joins or leaves the team. Like on top of the :psyduck: of the recruit level

Oops we have a #44 now, gotta move 45-99 one to the right

Just do what they do with the highway exit numbers. You can have players with #90-A, #90-B, and #90-C.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Falconer posted:

I could see it a "So-called experts thought you were a below average (2*) prospect coming out of HS but here you are thriving in the NFL!" deal.

That's best I can figure, but surely many members of the Chargers roster were 4–5 stars? If you're going this route, why not at least use draft position, instead of something that screams "my head is still in the NCAA."

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Hot Diggity! posted:

Pretty heavy speculation that Green Bay / Eagles will be in Brazil

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1777712368648073513

In case anyone is curious like I was, which teams are popular in Brazil:

Basically they're a bunch of bandwagoners

fsif posted:

That's best I can figure, but surely many members of the Chargers roster were 4–5 stars? If you're going this route, why not at least use draft position, instead of something that screams "my head is still in the NCAA."

That tweet is gone now, so I do wonder if it is actually false. Searching provides some 'news' stories and reddit posts that are all citing that tweet.

If it is true though, lmao. Why not put their credit score on there too, IQ maybe, Myers-Briggs personality type, full genome, the possibilities are endless.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Remember Harbaugh was literally a head coach in the super bowl. And he didn't have a generational QB carry him there.

Like, a thing that happened.

This isn't Urban Meyer, the guy can coach and connect and be a dude and is proven doing so.

Why is this being doubted?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Because a lot of people seem to vehemently dislike Harbaugh for reasons I’ve never fully understood. Like, he’d yell at refs slightly more animated than other coaches and do rah-rah stuff that people think is corny but also worked in San Francisco until front office stupidity tanked the team and he got fired, but people were hating him then too :shrug:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Play posted:

In case anyone is curious like I was, which teams are popular in Brazil:

Basically they're a bunch of bandwagoners

That tweet is gone now, so I do wonder if it is actually false. Searching provides some 'news' stories and reddit posts that are all citing that tweet.

If it is true though, lmao. Why not put their credit score on there too, IQ maybe, Myers-Briggs personality type, full genome, the possibilities are endless.

Even at 3.4%, the Saints are more popular than the other three NFCS teams combined.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Why stop there? Put their HS recruiting profile pics on the plates as well for added misery.

Sauce Gardner, 3 stars...

whats going on with that hair situation lol

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Freaquency posted:

As was mentioned before, his weirdo motivational speaker persona is going to have short term benefits but it’ll wear out its welcome in a few years. It’s harder to pull off when your team isn’t mostly a bunch of impressionable 19-20 year olds, but grown men working a job.

Same thing got said about Pete Carroll by some of his own players but he still had a long run. If they start winning guys will put up with it just like they did Belichick being a dick.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Harbaugh is an excellent coach. He's a little annoying and crazy but like others said he is a genuine leader who gets the most out of his teams. Any team would be lucky to have him.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the above is talking about john harbaugh

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The337th posted:

I was originally going to say Nick Saban on the dolphins.

Maybe if he just tells his receivers to “catch the loving ball” like Urban helped that kicker…

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Harbough hasn’t been an NFL coach in about a decade and we are more or less just pretending that long a hiatus doesn’t matter

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Harbough hasn’t been an NFL coach in about a decade and we are more or less just pretending that long a hiatus doesn’t matter

Yeah we should have hired *checks notes* Dan Quinn instead.

???

What are we doing here

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
anyone got a screenshot? tweet is gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

a neat cape posted:

Yeah we should have hired *checks notes* Dan Quinn instead.

???

What are we doing here

You can be as hype as you want, it’s the honeymoon phase after all. But these insane bullshit he’s doing should be concerning