Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Decorus posted:

Spending 30 hours to paint a 55 point squad of expendable troops wasn't a very efficient use of my time. :)

Who cares you had fun, and they look cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Still a cool model even if it isn't a kilogram of pewter.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
I've been using a Goff Rocker as a weirdboy ever since the model came out.

His name is Petork Steele, from the band Type Ork Negative.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Texmo posted:

mork mork mork mork numba 1

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Virtual Russian posted:

Still a cool model even if it isn't a kilogram of pewter.
There was an interview with Trish Morrison (now Carden) who said it was one of her favourite models because it unsettled all the guys in the studio iirc.

ADudeWhoAbides
Mar 30, 2010

Super Waffle posted:

How's this for a casual/fluffy blood Angels successors 1k list:

Captain with Jump Pack
10x assault intercessors with jump pack

Lemartes
5x Death co with Jump Pack

Invader ATV
3x Outriders

Redemptor Dread
Stormspeeder Hailstrike

My local shop still has some of the Spearhead Forces boxes, so based on that plus some vehicles and Lemartes. Stay fast, stay mobile, maybe deep strike with death co. Any obvious issues?

Lots of jump and fast things is certainly BA!

My only advice, if these are the models available, would be to split the jump pack intercessors into two squads. Otherwise you may struggle tagging objectives.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Texmo posted:

Pretty sure everyone's been using that model as a Weirdboy.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Texmo posted:

:orks101: I'm the green man
The green man :orks:

Aliensandwich
Jan 21, 2024
Are there any good sets of transfers specifically for Space Marine/ Terminator scripture? I feel like they really tie things together, but there's only so many of them on each of the SM sheets.

Little Latin phrases or microscopic blocks of text look badass, but there's never enough to go around.

They really sell the zealous nature of the Space Guys

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

All the Adepta Sororitas boxes come with transfer sheets that include blocks of scripture text. If you know anyone with an army, they may have some of them spare - you get more of them than you can easily find space for, especially because the Sister's models have a lot of sculpted detail so you aren't putting them on shoulder pads or anything.

You aren't going to use the Inquisition or Sisters stuff, but the blocks of text and capital letters are pretty unaffiliated, as are the eagles.

If you're feeling wild you could try to combine the Argent Shroud and Valorous Heart sets into a Crux Terminatus symbol.

Aliensandwich
Jan 21, 2024
Ooh true. They know zealousness like no one else. I am specifically looking for white text, unfortunately. I'm surprised GW hasn't made any sheets exclusively for scripture stuff.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Aliensandwich posted:

Are there any good sets of transfers specifically for Space Marine/ Terminator scripture? I feel like they really tie things together, but there's only so many of them on each of the SM sheets.

Little Latin phrases or microscopic blocks of text look badass, but there's never enough to go around.

They really sell the zealous nature of the Space Guys

The Mighty Brush has a lot of good ones, and Forgotten Chapters on Etsy has a lot of good ones as well.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/122826..._search_click=1

Aliensandwich
Jan 21, 2024
Woah that's a solid variety! I love the ones that fit purity seals! Thanks!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How good is the custodes boxes?

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015

Warmachine posted:

Who cares you had fun, and they look cool too.

Thanks! I agree, the time wasn't wasted. It was just a bit unexpected, the way I had to keep adding detail to balance out the overly complicated camo pattern I started with.

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker

GreenBuckanneer posted:

How good is the custodes boxes?

You mean the old Combat Patrol? It is pretty good, but you can't get it online anymore. However the new Custodes Combat Patrol going up for reorder this week looks like it will be the best Combat Patrol yet. If you can find the old Combat Patrol in a shop, and combine it with the new Combat Patrol, then you're pretty close to a very effective 2k point army.

The Auric Battleforce, also coming soon, also looks like a good deal, although it has a lot of bikes, which some people don't like.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/08/green-tides-and-dread-mobs-new-ork-detachments-go-back-to-their-roots/

Ork detachments! They are in the codex, and they are very green. No idea about mean though.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Athas posted:

You mean the old Combat Patrol? It is pretty good, but you can't get it online anymore. However the new Custodes Combat Patrol going up for reorder this week looks like it will be the best Combat Patrol yet. If you can find the old Combat Patrol in a shop, and combine it with the new Combat Patrol, then you're pretty close to a very effective 2k point army.

The Auric Battleforce, also coming soon, also looks like a good deal, although it has a lot of bikes, which some people don't like.

Yeah I just meant the new Combat Patrol and BF

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

If some friends and I wanted to get in to playing some Combat Patrol games, do I need anything other then the free core rules and the Combat Patrol rules for my army? Is there any reason to get the core book?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Yeah I just meant the new Combat Patrol and BF

It looks ok.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Funzo posted:

Is there any reason to get the core book?

I think the rest of the core book is supposed to be pretty pictures and stories? You wouldn't need the core rule book to play a full sized game either, but the leviathan deck. All of that stuff is available online anyway too.

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker

Funzo posted:

If some friends and I wanted to get in to playing some Combat Patrol games, do I need anything other then the free core rules and the Combat Patrol rules for my army? Is there any reason to get the core book?

There is never a reason to get the core book, except to read stories and look at photos. The rules are free online.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/09/show-that-teamwork-rules-the-galaxy-in-new-adeptus-custodes-detachments/

The Emperor's own custard wants to show off as well.

Nice to see they remembered that the Sisters of Silence exists too.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Maybe, finally, a reason to bring Sisters of Silence?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Not sure it's going to be better than the existing detachment.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Detachment rules are one thing but so are enhancements and strats.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/09/show-that-teamwork-rules-the-galaxy-in-new-adeptus-custodes-detachments/

The Emperor's own custard wants to show off as well.

Nice to see they remembered that the Sisters of Silence exists too.

My kokoro wish is that they use this codex to provide 40k rules for all the Sisters of Silence weirdos that have rules but not models in 30k (jetbikes, beast masters etc) and they FINALLY get models.

But that is almost certainly not going to happen.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Not a huge fan of the 6" aura stuff. IMO one of the better things about 10th is how little of that there is.

That said, seems like an interesting way to make Sisters viable. Also interesting to note that they said Shield Host, the current detachment, is basically getting a ground-up rework.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
A combined Custodes & Sisters of Silence detachment was pretty obvious, but I didn't expect the entire thing to revolve around them having to pair up. This would be a nice opportunity to actually expand the Sister's model range. But, since all the rules key off just needing one Sister unit near a Custodes, I wonder if you could pull some BS bringing just the Sister of Silence HQ, and hiding her around or within the unit until you need to pop one of these stratagems.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Apparently there’s also a pure Sisters detachment? Which gives me a spark of treacherous hope, because they literally have one kit and it feels very weird to make an entire detachment for that one kit.

This is why I care:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Pure Sisters? Yeah they got their own book... the Sisters of Battle!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm kinda of surprised they got kept in the Custodes book with the Imperial Agents supposedly right around the corner.

Though I guess they could still be there too, replacing the SoB as the main force of the Ordo Hereticus.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Embarrassed to post this after those extremely good models a few posts up, love the way they look, but whatever. Still learning to paint and create bases for simple models, currently working on a squad of stormboyz and having fun with the AK effects swamp stuff

I gave him proper lips and went back over him with nuln oil and I think it looks okay, but I really like how taking a bit of wire and stuff worked with the swamp gel

I also tried it with another stormboy, I think it is probably a bit too "busy" but still a slight improvement over nothing:

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 9, 2024

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Apparently there’s also a pure Sisters detachment? Which gives me a spark of treacherous hope, because they literally have one kit and it feels very weird to make an entire detachment for that one kit.

This is why I care:

I love everything about this.

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

This is why I care:

These are painted very well, but I can't get over how good those sister tanks are. Their aesthetics are intimidating in a way that is completely different from anything else in the Imperium as they should be. It's the way to show that they truly are something apart. It's a drat shame the Sisters tanks don't have any 40k rules, and they're much too large (and cool) to run as Rhinos.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Athas posted:

These are painted very well, but I can't get over how good those sister tanks are. Their aesthetics are intimidating in a way that is completely different from anything else in the Imperium as they should be. It's the way to show that they truly are something apart. It's a drat shame the Sisters tanks don't have any 40k rules, and they're much too large (and cool) to run as Rhinos.

They remind me of the aesthetics of the 1984 Dune adaption

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

My kokoro wish is that they use this codex to provide 40k rules for all the Sisters of Silence weirdos that have rules but not models in 30k (jetbikes, beast masters etc) and they FINALLY get models.

We still don't know what Erinyes Jetbikes look like and I'm pretty close to just buying the Escher ones.

They've got a similar aesthetic to the Aquisitor, but the wrong guns and converting the pilot seems like a nightmare.

And goddamn you've got some good looking figures!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

This is why I care:

I love this.

IMO the Sisters of Silence got shafted when the Custodes range of units got expanded previously and frankly the SoS deserve to be expanded on their own. That Kharon Pattern Acquisitor loving rules and the face of it absolutely reminds me of a mechanical Dune worm with its mouth closed.

I'm still upset at how Jenetia Krole died, it was an absolutely bullshit death that GW gave her.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Frog Act posted:

Embarrassed to post this after those extremely good models a few posts up, love the way they look, but whatever. Still learning to paint and create bases for simple models, currently working on a squad of stormboyz and having fun with the AK effects swamp stuff

I gave him proper lips and went back over him with nuln oil and I think it looks okay, but I really like how taking a bit of wire and stuff worked with the swamp gel

I also tried it with another stormboy, I think it is probably a bit too "busy" but still a slight improvement over nothing:

not to ignore this, your paint is decent. you need better lighting.

seam lines seem to be a thing, maybe drag the edge of an exacto down them or a file. they just pop out. coloring and basing look top tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

not to ignore this, your paint is decent. you need better lighting.

seam lines seem to be a thing, maybe drag the edge of an exacto down them or a file. they just pop out. coloring and basing look top tier.

Thanks friend! I really appreciate the feedback, nobody I know IRL cares so I’m mostly just winging it. It really buoys me to hear my color selections and paint thickness aren’t overwhelming bad

I’ve definitely been struggling with mold lines, I have an exacto to trim things down + a bunch of files but I think I just get overeager or miss them until I’m actually painting. I’m also so clumsy even just assembling the fuckin things is half the struggle for me, I sliced my finger open and covered my bathroom in blood on Friday trying to assemble the insanely cool Kommando Grot model from the Kill Team.

Right now I’m working on a squad of Nobz + finishing these stormboyz, and with the Nobz I’m trying bit painting for the first time. I’m gonna paint as many attachable parts as I can before gluing them together in the hope it’ll cut down on errant strokes, then customize their bases before putting them on to avoid getting stuff all over the feet. I never really considered that the like “regular” moldlines, the ones not related to bits of sprue stuck to things, could be minimized but now that you’ve said it I’m gonna try to sand things smooth after assembly and before painting in those little parts

Really appreciate it!