Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Shoutout to Valk for being the most helpful goon. Last week, he gave me his old tri elemental bow to start my league off right. I ended up selling it yesterday and gave the 100c to another goon to pay it forward. He also info dumped his map strategy and it's been paying off. Looking forward to the BO 10 in SF6 once I get my headhunter/mageblood this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Is there some trick to getting Plague Bearer to add to my full DPS in PoB? I've got the skill enabled, got the stacks configured on the config page and enabling/disabling the skill does nothing for my full DPS numbers.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

RandomBlue posted:

Is there some trick to getting Plague Bearer to add to my full DPS in PoB? I've got the skill enabled, got the stacks configured on the config page and enabling/disabling the skill does nothing for my full DPS numbers.

Looks like it's an ongoing issue

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Thanks.

Since Feb. Ugh.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Headhunter down to 30d, lol.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

xZAOx posted:

Headhunter down to 30d, lol.

What’s going on here exactly? Does the best map blasting strategy not make good use of it now? I know Soul Eater got nerfed but it still seemed like HH could do what it always did. Is it this Rogue Exiles strat clogging maps up with unique enemies rather than rares?

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Traitorous Leopard posted:

What’s going on here exactly? Does the best map blasting strategy not make good use of it now? I know Soul Eater got nerfed but it still seemed like HH could do what it always did. Is it this Rogue Exiles strat clogging maps up with unique enemies rather than rares?

It's that a couple of the best current farming strats drop large amounts of t0 uniques; supply is way way up.

On day 11 of Affliction there were 60 HH's listed; there are 200+ up on day 11 of Necropolis

https://poe-antiquary.xyz/Affliction/Accessory/Headhunter/607

e: vvvvvv combined with this yes

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

The big strat at the moment involves killing approximately ten million rogue exiles, none of which give you headhunter mods as well.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

still funny to me everyone had assumed a nerf league and were acting like it was one

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

To be fair, the league was a little poo poo before the first buff patch. Then they added rogue exile allflames/hyper buffed the graveyard and here we are, coated in 6 T1 modded gear dropping 10000 uniques a map.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
They did buff the t0 drop rate by 250%

wemgo fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 9, 2024

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Corpse crafting is pretty good as it turns out. Who would've thought.

Sadly the colours kinda brick the mirrored copy

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Also, it seems like if they’re maintaining sanctum rewards as they are then it is the reward benchmark for all content.

They really need to do something for betrayal though. Maybe the plan was to replace betrayal with Necropolis?

Delve buffs when?

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"

McFrugal posted:

Fiddled with my Elemental Hit Elementalist Wander build even more, figured out how to get triple exposure (a cluster jewel notable) and thus it has similar dps without relying on golems. The PoB doesn't calculate a dps boost for wisps, that's why it looks lower. I'm considering taking the Point Blank keystone... Also wondering if I should take Returning Projectiles and see if Sniper's Mark will make that worthwhile, but I'm not sure how the splitting works when there's no other targets for the split projectiles. What directions do they go? I guess Point Blank won't work with it, so it's one or the other.
https://pobb.in/pn7bsy_aPGq6

edit: oh I just realized since I have good endurance charge uptime from automated enduring cry (well, I might not stick with it depending on how much I hate the sound) I could use immortal call instead of steelskin? but would that be better?

Thanks for sharing this, I’ve been thinking about trying a wander. What is the rational of having elemental hit in both a six link and a four link?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Single Target (Sacred Wisps + Barrage) and Clear (GMP) setups.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Got it, thanks. Add this to the enormous list of things I would never come up with on my own.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

wemgo posted:

Also, it seems like if they’re maintaining sanctum rewards as they are then it is the reward benchmark for all content.

They really need to do something for betrayal though. Maybe the plan was to replace betrayal with Necropolis?

Delve buffs when?

By buffing everything else no one will run delve thus increasing the price of delve drops indirectly.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Delve is actually down a bit this league because grave crafting has gem mods and fracturing available which was previously something that was convenient to do in Delve, the most expensive fossil is like 30c as opposed to half a div like previous leagues.

I'm sure you can still make money on aul/adorned frags/etc but it's not the fountain it has been in prior seasons.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
About to finish my atlas.... can someone explain to me like an idiot how to make money this league?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Hey I just ran a 4-way "Domain of timeless conflict" twice and the 5th map slot didn't unlock. What gives?

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

Hey I just ran a 4-way "Realm of timeless conflict" twice and the 5th map slot didn't unlock. What gives?

Gotta complete t17 for that now

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

You get the 5th map slot from t17s now iirc

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

wemgo posted:

Gotta complete t17 for that now

Lmao that's hosed.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GodspeedYou!Witchy posted:

First time ever playing a bow build with a headhunter doing all legion stuff and I’m afraid arpgs have peaked for me and it’ll never get better than this :3:

Now that you have your HH, turn legion off and go farm content that scales off quantity.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

For anyone on trade (and maybe not on console) I highly recommend making use of carries. It can be easier to make up 40-80c (however much something specific is going for) to get a voidstone or map device early than it is to grind your way up there yourself, and it can speed up your progress.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

Lmao that's hosed.

Its annoying in softcore.

Its dastardly in hardcore.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
The increased gating off content for specific builds (usually just on power although some like sanctum for example on more specific criteria) is one of my few complaints about the direction of the game. It's part of the reason I burn out on leagues before I get anything done.

To be fair I don't play leagues for that long, but back during the Shaper only era and up to + including when Sirus was added I would regularly see all the core mapping bosses. These days not so much. It all feels far more gated off and requiring me to go out of my way to experience it nowadays. Even with the non-uber bosses that are much easier (guaranteed for Eater/Exarch) to organically fight I really feel this. Keep in mind I just map every league, I don't play Delve, Sanctum, Heist or any of the largely-outside-maps content.

This weird moving of the 5th map slot feels the same - although again I didn't like to look for carries so it always unlocked way late for me anyway. Still a lot easier than T17s.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Frank Frank posted:

Lmao that's hosed.

Eh, it's easier to get (access to the map) this way and is a much more natural progression than locking it behind a league mechanic.
Fortress isn't that hard to run either if your build is decent and you don't roll really bad mods. HC players do get hosed though.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if they didnt completely miss the mark on tuning t17s i think it would be fine. so after some nerfs it will be much better.

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020

DangerDongs posted:

Now that you have your HH, turn legion off and go farm content that scales off quantity.

Got any suggestions?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think stuff like delve or sanctum gating specific builds is ok. uber bosses as well. but just regular voidstones etc should be achievable on a mapping build, its literally part of unlocking mapping

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Paging Euphonius

Is there a way to do slams (Volcanic Fissure specifically) without str/armor stacking?

Also any totem regulars ITT? Storm Burst totems has been a super smooth start but I'm thinking about switching to ball lightning totems once I get my bossing done. Is it actually gonna feel different? If not maybe I'll do a wander or something and try to blast legions -> hh

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Stux posted:

i think stuff like delve or sanctum gating specific builds is ok. uber bosses as well. but just regular voidstones etc should be achievable on a mapping build, its literally part of unlocking mapping

every league I tell myself this is the one my starter solo kills maven and then every league I farm less and less writs

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GodspeedYou!Witchy posted:

Got any suggestions?

Harbies or back to basics on corrupted 8 mod maps. Start switching out gear for gear that gives quant as your character keeps progressing in power. Lots of people start switching the second they get HH. Should be really easy to throw on Goldwyrm and 1 or 2 Ventor's Gambles.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm basically resigned to never killing Maven because there's no build that will compensate for my inability to dodge eleven kinds of moving degen bullshit

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

JamesKPolk posted:

Paging Euphonius

Is there a way to do slams (Volcanic Fissure specifically) without str/armor stacking?

For volcanic fissure You can go raider and zippy. But that might be dex stacking in the end

I don’t really know if any non stacking version of volcanic fissure. Maybe

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Got my first Divine Orb drop last night at like 4am. That was pretty cool :cool:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I've still literally never fought Maven lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Insurrectionist posted:

I've still literally never fought Maven lol

TIME
CONTORTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

euphronius posted:

For volcanic fissure You can go raider and zippy. But that might be dex stacking in the end

I don’t really know if any non stacking version of volcanic fissure. Maybe

boooo. well some day maybe.

those Raider builds look nuts I thought my poeninja was glitching until I realized they all had OWN