Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

credburn posted:

Why do we even have upper and lower case? THEY MEAN THE SAME THING

IN FACT I THINK EVERYTHING WOULD BE A LOT EASIER TO READ IF EVERYTHING WAS WRITTEN IN UPPERCASE.

TELL EM ABOUT THAT TIME YOU HELPED YOUR UNCLE JACK OFF A HORSE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

credburn posted:

IN FACT I THINK EVERYTHING WOULD BE A LOT EASIER TO READ IF EVERYTHING WAS WRITTEN IN UPPERCASE.

US Navy finally got rid of this in 2013 for the exact opposite reason.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

credburn posted:

Why do we even have upper and lower case? THEY MEAN THE SAME THING

works for engineering drawings

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
ive had my capslock key rebound to escape for half my life and im not going back

(reason: nerd poo poo)

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

MrQwerty posted:

I knew how to type, but what truly turned me into a fast typist was multiplayer Act III of Diablo 2

This is more true than I think we give it credit. Being able to type quickly and effectively in multiplayer games before everyone just yelled into a mic was important.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

humpthewind posted:

This is more true than I think we give it credit. Being able to type quickly and effectively in multiplayer games before everyone just yelled into a mic was important.

Who's even arguing that? I know my typing skill 100% came from trash talking in CS.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Eggs are getting too expensive.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

ishikabibble posted:

Who's even arguing that? I know my typing skill 100% came from trash talking in CS.

No one was arguing, I was agreeing with the op.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

humpthewind posted:

I bought D2R on switch when it came out but never played it, now I'm playing through my first run and going, "this game is punishing, how the gently caress was I typing sentences while playing this?"

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mister Speaker posted:

Agreed. They're up about 40% in Australia

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

dreezy posted:

ive had my capslock key rebound to escape for half my life and im not going back

(reason: nerd poo poo)

Mine is mapped to ctrl.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Mister Speaker posted:

Find someone who keeps chickens and they'll usually be happy to offload eggs for free. Might get some weird poo poo (usually just blood) unless you/they candle them but hey, free eggs. Freggs.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

Find someone who keeps chickens and they'll usually be happy to offload eggs for free. Might get some weird poo poo (usually just blood) unless you/they candle them but hey, free eggs. Freggs.

I live downtown in a city where it's illegal to keep chickens. :(

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Mister Speaker posted:

gently caress the police

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Mister Speaker posted:

Ain't illegal if you don't get caught. I raise ducks in my second bathroom.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Mister Speaker posted:

Fuckin hell. Again??

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Zamujasa posted:

TELL EM ABOUT THAT TIME YOU HELPED YOUR UNCLE JACK OFF A HORSE!

I HOLD DOWN SHIFT LIKE A BOSS

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I rebound mine to F24 to use as a push to talk key years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvMfKtkcZy0

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I'm teaching my kid how to type properly and he's going to hate me for it.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Crescent Wrench posted:

I'm teaching my kid how to type properly and he's going to hate me for it.

Here's the trick: you tell them that as soon as they type 60WPM, they can have their first phone/tablet.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I learned to type playing MUDs as well as how to woo an elf

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Bad times create good ten finger typers
Good typers create good times
Good times create bad typers/capslocker
Capslockers create bad times

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I learned to type faster because of irc and icq, and multiplayer games too I guess.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

cat botherer posted:

When I learned to type as a little kid I did the caps lock thing because it was easier to hit from the home-row with my then Trump-sized hands. I didn't get out of the habit until like 16 or so.

:same:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I've been typing like Kermit the Frog since I was 12 and that's why I got all the elfen ladies

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Combo posted:

I learned to type faster because of irc and icq, and multiplayer games too I guess.

:same:

also I started typing young, typing code from magazines to play video games on a Commodore

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I learned to type fast by using a keyboard to type words :confused:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

MrQwerty posted:

I knew how to type, but what truly turned me into a fast typist was multiplayer Act III of Diablo 2

Same, but having to type out stuff to team chat in objective FPS because there was no VOIP was.

edit: oh hey, look at this new page

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

~Coxy posted:

Same, but having to type out stuff to team chat in objective FPS because there was no VOIP was.

edit: oh hey, look at this new page

This is why Tribes had the best chat option, as it was a bunch of nested menus, so you could hit V and then quickly run through menus. So something like V,1,1 was "Hi" and your character would do a wave.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Children need to learn how to type, so they can be part of the poo poo posting army!
The poo poo Posting Industrial complex must continue.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

CitizenKain posted:

This is why Tribes had the best chat option, as it was a bunch of nested menus, so you could hit V and then quickly run through menus. So something like V,1,1 was "Hi" and your character would do a wave.

I still remember almost all of them, if not by specific buttons then by muscle memory. V-G-S especially.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I learned to type playing MUDs as well as how to woo an elf

100%. I credit Medievia for making me an insanely fast typist from a very young age.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

gg everybody but can we wrap up”how I learned typing” chat plz

I feel like riding a bicycle in urban settings is something that has gotten significantly worse over the last few years. Drivers seem way more aggressive/vindictive since the pandemic, if they’re even looking at the road instead of their phone. And nobody checks their corners anymore cause Google maps said to turn right so why even look. And god forbid you tell someone that you commute by bike; they can’t wait to tell you about that one time somebody on a bike didn’t even stop at the stop sign (so why should they have to either :smug: ) or about how somebody they knew one time got hit/killed while riding a bike, etc. car culture loving suuuuuuucks

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Imagine trying to conclude a derail by shifting the conversation to bikes vs. cars.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Blue Moonlight posted:

Imagine trying to conclude a derail by shifting the conversation to bikes vs. cars.

What about us long boarders??

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Blue Moonlight posted:

Lol

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Fine, we can talk about beans in chili if you’re so drat adamant about it

E. And tipping culture is OUT OF CONTROL!

E2. And yes, I bought the beans via self checkout :unsmigghh:

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 10, 2024

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
poo poo posting has gone downhill. It's all the same arguments from the late 2000s.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Brother Tadger posted:

Fine, we can talk about beans in chili if you’re so drat adamant about it

E. And tipping culture is OUT OF CONTROL!

E2. And yes, I bought the beans via self checkout :unsmigghh:

I'm originally from Cincinnati and enjoy Skyline Chili so I'm practically a pagan heretic when it comes to chili chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Is clam chowder a chili?