Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Justin Tyme posted:

Jean Luc Picard posting the most absolute cringe poo poo on federation holonet during the dominion wars

imagine the us navy is like the episode The Game except instead of breaking out of it everyone is convinced it improves their combat readiness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

We're absolutely going to lose WW3

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

The US will lose WW3 and I can hardly wait.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

imagine taking orders that could potentially get you killed from that guy, lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/davidpgoldman/status/1774749466894930159

strange the great epic biden spending that was supposed to bring manufacturing back hasn't brought manufacturing back

If only the hare wasn’t a machine built entirely around preventing the centralization of state and political power required for an effective command economy away from capital by any means necessary at home and abroad whoops

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

President Trump will replace all the soy carrier captains with salts straight from central casting

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

This is dumber than that NAFO fellow who invited a date to his place and ended up having a 2 hour argument over the war.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Wow!! Awesome stuff inspiring running the guys around highly flammable substances and dangerous as gently caress machines for 18 hour shifts doing critical, stressful work as a routine conditions the navy is ready for WW3.

https://x.com/ChowdahHill/status/1777623474288120110

Butter Activities has issued a correction as of 21:21 on Apr 9, 2024

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Someone really needs to take that dude's twitter away.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I dont ever really forget just how much I hated being in the Navy but this helps anyway

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

16 hour shifts seems like the kind of work load that would exhaust someone and cause them to make mistakes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

do they still have grog rations

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Lostconfused posted:

16 hour shifts seems like the kind of work load that would exhaust someone and cause them to make mistakes.

if you ponder for a moment how a navy relying on 16 hour shifts to maintain peacetime readiness would react to wartime requirements then the failure of prosperity guardian becomes a pretty straightforward affair, doesn't it

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/ChowdahHill/status/1776696243714154559

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
tbh thats nice that people are actually learning technical stuff.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Tankbuster posted:

tbh thats nice that people are actually learning technical stuff.

the fish will really appreciate it

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

atelier morgan posted:

if you ponder for a moment how a navy relying on 16 hour shifts to maintain peacetime readiness would react to wartime requirements then the failure of prosperity guardian becomes a pretty straightforward affair, doesn't it

Arguably, they are at least on some type of combat footing; just having members of the crew work 16 hour shifts to keep that tempo up isn't a good sign. I wonder how much the cookie photos are supposed to be a genuine "morale booster" because the crew is pretty exhausted at this point and hasn't been back to port since mid-October; a carrier is supposed to be at sea for a maximum of 9 months, and it takes a month to get back to Virginia.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

https://x.com/ChowdahHill/status/1777353358019613110

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

they let people in with full arm tattoos?!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s the navy ?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

death to whom........

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

boat looks like poo poo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

a sailor with tattoos???? now ive seen everything!!!

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Scarabrae posted:

they let people in with full arm tattoos?!

only if they have at least one old-timey anchor in it

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

dads friend steve posted:

boat looks like poo poo

It doesn't look that bad for a ship from the 1970s.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

lmfao

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Kipling would be rolling in his grave:

That night I dined with the Taipan in a palace. They say the merchant prince of Calcutta is dead—killed by exchange. Hong-Kong ought to be able to supply one or two samples. The funny thing in the midst of all this wealth—wealth such as one reads about in novels—is to hear the curious deference that is paid to Calcutta. Console yourselves with that, gentlemen of the Ditch, for by my faith, it is the one thing that you can boast of. At this dinner I learned that Hong-Kong was impregnable and that China was rapidly importing twelve- and forty-ton guns for the defence of her coasts. The one statement I doubted, but the other was truth. Those who have occasion to speak of China in these parts do so deferentially, as who should say: ‘Germany intends such and such,’ or ‘These are the views of Russia.’ The very men who talk thus are doing their best to force upon the great Empire all the stimulants of the West—railways, tram lines, and so forth. What will happen when China really wakes up, runs a line from Shanghai to Lhassa, starts another line of imperial Yellow Flag immigrant steamers, and really works and controls her own gun-factories and arsenals? The energetic Englishmen who ship the forty-tonners are helping to this end, but all they say is: ‘We’re well paid for what we do. There’s no sentiment in business, and anyhow, China will never go to war with England.’ Indeed, there is no sentiment in business. The Taipan’s palace, full of all things beautiful, and flowers more lovely than the gem-like cabinets they adorned, would have made happy half a hundred young men craving for luxury, and might have made them writers, singers, and poets. It was inhabited by men with big heads and straight eyes, who sat among the splendours and talked business.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

gunther rear end smile

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Wow!! Awesome stuff inspiring running the guys around highly flammable substances and dangerous as gently caress machines for 18 hour shifts doing critical, stressful work as a routine conditions the navy is ready for WW3.

https://x.com/ChowdahHill/status/1777623474288120110

did we find out why america doesnt have healthcare yet

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

The Oldest Man posted:

you're thinking of spreadsheets

"Ostensibly" is doing the heavy lifting

Ted Wassanasong
Apr 8, 2020

Hatebag posted:

imagine taking orders that could potentially get you killed from that guy, lol

I dont know what you think military officers actually are, but they arent like the movies. Knew a JO who was missing a front tooth, and brought a leather kilt on an underway as civilian clothes, unironically.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://x.com/btnewsroom/status/1777781474730684755?s=46

CPC OP, pls nerf

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
man just imagine if we invested in our education and infrastructure instead of planes and ships that get retired before ever being deployable

ah shame

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

this poo poo confuses me. like why did she go? it looks like all she did was whine and arrogantly dictate to China that they’re Doing Something Wrong, and they ought to stop, and openly saying that it’s for our benefit and at their expense. like I have very low expectations of our ability to conduct diplomacy but this seems so insanely stupid. like, what does she think she accomplished here??

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

this poo poo confuses me. like why did she go? it looks like all she did was whine and arrogantly dictate to China that they’re Doing Something Wrong, and they ought to stop, and openly saying that it’s for our benefit and at their expense. like I have very low expectations of our ability to conduct diplomacy but this seems so insanely stupid. like, what does she think she accomplished here??

Idk, worked with Japan

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

You nailed it lol

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

she yellen but they ain’t biden

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

man just imagine if we invested in our education and infrastructure instead of planes and ships that get retired before ever being deployable

ah shame

american education is bad by design

Ted Wassanasong
Apr 8, 2020

So we can be mad when China just keeps on keeping on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

china has committed a foul and she can't believe the ref isn't seeing this