Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I think the most number of crescent splinters I've ever had is 2 or 3 because I don't particularly bother running Maven on my device ever

I would like to try the fight but not enough to take off my eater/exarch influence or actively buy splinters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Death will not be an escape.
Also patently untrue in SC, death is a perfectly valid way to avoid the memory game pattern.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Insurrectionist posted:

I think the most number of crescent splinters I've ever had is 2 or 3 because I don't particularly bother running Maven on my device ever

I would like to try the fight but not enough to take off my eater/exarch influence or actively buy splinters

You can play a tiny bit of the fight at your own leisure

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

goferchan posted:

About to finish my atlas.... can someone explain to me like an idiot how to make money this league?

Run maps.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
a bunch of yall are wildly overestimating how hard the maven fight is. you can eat every single memory game and still have several portals to spare. as with other bosses, you can harvest enchant your flasks to have a billion uses and swap in a cold res flask to take like 25% less damage from the fight.

that said, doing maven deathless is absolutely challenging and is an accomplishment

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 9, 2024

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Einwand posted:

Death will not be an escape.
Also patently untrue in SC, death is a perfectly valid way to avoid the memory game pattern.

i thought they made it so you cant skip it after we memed on it for a few leagues.

e: maybe that was just for logging out, not dying. dont remember now

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 9, 2024

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If they brought seismic slam back there would be a lot more space in slams

They are still almost always to slow tho if you are doing fow / crys

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Awesome! posted:

i thought they made it so you cant skip it after we memed on it for a few leagues.

e: maybe that was just for logging out, not dying. dont remember now

you can absolutely skip all the memory games by dying, yes. maven really is tuned so that it is doable by almost anyone on a half-decent build, but doing it deathless is the real challenge

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
sometimes i wish there was a hardcore softcore game mode where you don't lose your character if you die but you only get like 1 or 2 portals per map/boss/zone/whatever

and no i am not asking for ruthless

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Like that "consume an additional portal" mod from the last gauntlet?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

a bunch of yall are wildly overestimating how hard the maven fight is. you can eat every single memory game and still have several portals to spare. as with other bosses, you can harvest enchant your flasks to have a billion uses and swap in a cold res flask to take like 25% less damage from the fight.

that said, doing maven deathless is absolutely challenging and is an accomplishment

res flasks dont do that anymore. and fwankly i dont believe i wouldnt six portal the fight learning it bcos i did for eater and exarch the first couple of times. and you have to farm the writ up which doesnt involve just mapping like exarch/eater. but rly the biggest issue is there are builds that are mapping specific which absolutely cannot do the bosses at all, but the bosses lock the mapping stuff, doesnt make any sense

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can absolutely skip all the memory games by dying, yes. maven really is tuned so that it is doable by almost anyone on a half-decent build, but doing it deathless is the real challenge

you cant skip it by logging out though right?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I assure you that I have not overestimated how bad I am at that fight.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If bosses are hard for you def do a totem or minion build . It’s what I do

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I have if anything underestimated it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
like if i pick ssf i get it. i have to engage with everything i have to farm all the mechanics to get all the stuff etc. fairy nuff. but im not so just give me my voidstones, now.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Stux posted:

res flasks dont do that anymore. and fwankly i dont believe i wouldnt six portal the fight learning it bcos i did for eater and exarch the first couple of times. and you have to farm the writ up which doesnt involve just mapping like exarch/eater. but rly the biggest issue is there are builds that are mapping specific which absolutely cannot do the bosses at all, but the bosses lock the mapping stuff, doesnt make any sense

they give you max res now, which is going to be functionally very similar if not even better

imo eater and exarch are both quite a bit harder. exarch is considerably harder. maven fight only has two one-shots: the arena expanding where you have to run onto the side platform and the memory game. and you need to dodge proactively any time she says 'cascade of pain'

anyways i do agree that it kinda sucks that they gate the fun mapping stuff behind having to kill bosses. to some extent that's probably the only thing holding sc back from just going full speed meta but also sc already is just full speed meta anyways so idk what it actually accomplishes. I guess it makes races more interesting?

I do wish bosses were tuned in a way that was less about just getting a fuckton of damage

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Given that sextants are no longer a thing, are voidstones even all that necessary? I guess if your T16 map(s) of choice are gated behind Stone 3 or 4, but otherwise?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

(I'm taking it as read that most people get the first two because even I can do story Eater and Exarch)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
they wouldnt be but ggg also keeps putting all the good maps in low tiers so you need them if you want to map sustain and not just buy maps

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Everyone loves *checks notes* cold river, lava chamber and grave trough.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

hate grave trough

I think Maven is much easier than UE. I have killed maven with everything from totems to cleave, but only killed UE once with a busted rear end totem build

the only thing that keeps me from wanting to do Maven is the beams that stop all regen, because I like regen

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I'd like to see Fubgun or similar do the same thing in SSF.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

The secret to beating every boss in the game, even Ubers, on 6 portals is just overwhelming DPS. I did it last league with busted Penance and I can assure you I am in fact the worst bosser in this thread

There’s several different flavors that run around from league to league and they’re all typically zhp or absurdly expensive. Ice Trapper and Ice Spear totems immediately come to mind. It’s tough to recommend them in general, though, if you have any desire to map, cause these are usually totally incapable of mapping effectively

J
Jun 10, 2001

goferchan posted:

About to finish my atlas.... can someone explain to me like an idiot how to make money this league?

Spec into your favorite mechanics on the atlas, throw in whatever scarabs for that mechanic you can afford, profit. You can now guarantee 100% spawn rate on multiple mechanics on every map on the atlas alone. I'll throw in some big picture observations though since this league's economy is wild:

Graveyard crafting is incredibly powerful, as in "prints 6x T1 items regularly" powerful. This puts a real dent in the value of other sources of rare gear, like Rog. Most of the necropolis atlas nodes are good.

T17 maps are much bigger with a larger mob count than T16s. Juicing a T17 is like applying that juice to multiple T16 maps, with one set of juice. The allflames introduced with necropolis also allow you to manipulate the mobs in the map, with the current meta farm strategies revolving around abusing rogue exiles to print out huge quantities of div cards and unique items The supply of T0 uniques is even higher than affliction!

WIth the above in mind, we have a gold rush just like in affliction league where items not provided by the meta farm strategies are going up in price. One example is veiled orbs from catarina, which are 6d right now and probably not getting cheaper anytime soon.

The adorned is the ultimate endgame gearing path for many builds, so anything that involves farming the adorned itself or the materials needed to craft adorned jewels is going to be profitable. Alteration orbs are 500:1d right now. Double corrupt temples are about .8d. Adorned also pushes up demand for low passive voices, which means simulacrums are going up.

Scarab prices are very volatile. Every few days a new hot strategy comes out and the associated scarabs go to the moon in price. Although this might settle down now since the current strategies are insane and unlikely to be topped. Don't forget you can vendor poo poo scarabs 3:1.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
lmao I dunno if I can play this build. Random poo poo just instantly deletes me over and over. Hell, I am in the "clear" phase of legion where you have to activate all the monsters and something willl just instantly kill me with no explanation. I'm getting pretty sick of it. This isn't fun at all and I'm only 92. One of the large clusters I need I've basically been told "good luck lol" in terms of crafting and the timeless jewel I need is very unlikely to ever be sold. I dunno. Nimis will probably drop in price (there's one for sale for 150d rn) but that ain't gonna fix the underlying problem with this build which is just that I die INSTANTLY to poo poo that shouldn't bother me at this stage.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 9, 2024

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

J posted:

Spec into your favorite mechanics on the atlas, throw in whatever scarabs for that mechanic you can afford, profit. You can now guarantee 100% spawn rate on multiple mechanics on every map on the atlas alone. I'll throw in some big picture observations though since this league's economy is wild:

Graveyard crafting is incredibly powerful, as in "prints 6x T1 items regularly" powerful. This puts a real dent in the value of other sources of rare gear, like Rog. Most of the necropolis atlas nodes are good.

T17 maps are much bigger with a larger mob count than T16s. Juicing a T17 is like applying that juice to multiple T16 maps, with one set of juice. The allflames introduced with necropolis also allow you to manipulate the mobs in the map, with the current meta farm strategies revolving around abusing rogue exiles to print out huge quantities of div cards and unique items The supply of T0 uniques is even higher than affliction!

WIth the above in mind, we have a gold rush just like in affliction league where items not provided by the meta farm strategies are going up in price. One example is veiled orbs from catarina, which are 6d right now and probably not getting cheaper anytime soon.

The adorned is the ultimate endgame gearing path for many builds, so anything that involves farming the adorned itself or the materials needed to craft adorned jewels is going to be profitable. Alteration orbs are 500:1d right now. Double corrupt temples are about .8d. Adorned also pushes up demand for low passive voices, which means simulacrums are going up.

Scarab prices are very volatile. Every few days a new hot strategy comes out and the associated scarabs go to the moon in price. Although this might settle down now since the current strategies are insane and unlikely to be topped. Don't forget you can vendor poo poo scarabs 3:1.

https://twitter.com/rarecandyio/status/1521548615579226114

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you might want to pay attention to the buffs that the lantern is giving specific mobs. i noticed that in red maps the modifiers get really loving wild. 7 extra projectiles, tons of extra damage, etc.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Awesome! posted:

you might want to pay attention to the buffs that the lantern is giving specific mobs. i noticed that in red maps the modifiers get really loving wild. 7 extra projectiles, tons of extra damage, etc.

I am paying attention to the lantern and anything that looks dangerous I stuff on the "very low" density monsters at the bottom. Regardless, I shouldn't be dying at all during the timer phase of Legion. WTF even is that?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Einwand posted:

Everyone loves *checks notes* cold river, lava chamber and grave trough.

On the plus side, 3 of the base t16 maps are actually pretty decent this league (Castle Ruins, Plateau, Thicket).

J posted:

I agree about graveyard crafting being very powerful. Rog still has a bit of a niche though, as certain mods are difficult to get on grave-crafted items (Spell Suppression being a notable example).

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

DaveWoo posted:

On the plus side, 3 of the base t16 maps are actually pretty decent this league (Castle Ruins, Plateau, Thicket).

I agree about graveyard crafting being very powerful. Rog still has a bit of a niche though, as certain mods are difficult to get on grave-crafted items (Spell Suppression being a notable example).

I dislike cold river because the bosses can be awful if you're not careful. Grave trough is fine. Thicket is fine unless you're doing something like breach or legion that needs wide open spaces. I miss Beach (RIP beach).

The hilarious part of all of this is I have like 50 div I can't spend because I have nothing left to buy that isn't Nimis atm. I have all my awakened gems (minus the exceptionals). All my gems are at least 20/20. Gear is upgraded as far as I can go. MAYBE if I can get determination up and running (that would be my 4th loving aura) it'd make a difference but I'd have to swap out my helm to do it . I don't think there's a way to gear this build towards suppression because I can't get to the mastery. Ugh.

https://pobb.in/tdoZu4WEmpM7

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 9, 2024

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

lmao I dunno if I can play this build. Random poo poo just instantly deletes me over and over. Hell, I am in the "clear" phase of legion where you have to activate all the monsters and something willl just instantly kill me with no explanation. I'm getting pretty sick of it. This isn't fun at all and I'm only 92. One of the large clusters I need I've basically been told "good luck lol" in terms of crafting and the timeless jewel I need is very unlikely to ever be sold. I dunno. Nimis will probably drop in price (there's one for sale for 150d rn) but that ain't gonna fix the underlying problem with this build which is just that I die INSTANTLY to poo poo that shouldn't bother me at this stage.

Are you finally using Determination?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Wuxi posted:

Are you finally using Determination?

I can't. It doesn't fit. I am running Pride, Precision and Grace and have almost no mana left over for reservation.
Here's the PoB if anyone cares to look. Not sure where to go from here tbh. There are things I could improve on (better boots/helm eventually). I can catalyst the rings to alleviate some of the resist pressure I guess but nothing that's going to make a dramatic difference in whether or not I survive. I also should mention that i'm not getting gradually killed by stuff, I'm getting instantly murked with no chance to react.

E: Oh and my jewels aren't all that great either but there's nothing out there for me to buy.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 9, 2024

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I had some dude spamming the poo poo out of me for the double harvest scarab earlier and because of the way the console market works, I can't stop him from submitting an offer every few minutes.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Here's the PoB if anyone cares to look.

:confused:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I forgot to hit paste lol.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Frank Frank posted:

I can't. It doesn't fit. I am running Pride, Precision and Grace and have almost no mana left over for reservation.

Leave out pride until you can fit them all then. You do enough damage.

I'm not gonna say the guide you are following is terrible, but.. it's very squishy compared to other guides.

If you want to check it out, this is Rues version: https://pobb.in/ySqtvJh9dxeX
Just look at the survivability stats which are double yours in every single category. Check out the better geared setups as well. The selected one is basically cheap mapping stuff.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

Here's the PoB if anyone cares to look. Not sure where to go from here tbh. There are things I could improve on (better boots/helm eventually). I can catalyst the rings to alleviate some of the resist pressure I guess but nothing that's going to make a dramatic difference in whether or not I survive. I also should mention that i'm not getting gradually killed by stuff, I'm getting instantly murked with no chance to react.

E: Oh and my jewels aren't all that great either but there's nothing out there for me to buy.

Well there's your problem. Determination is non-negotiable, Pride is replaceable, even if its a massive dps increase
Keep your Molten Shell at low level and link it to Cast When Damage Taken. These two things should take care of most mapping problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

What in the world