Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Beastie posted:

The show releases tomorrow

Oh drat, let's hope it's at least decent (and they put the DLCs on sale in EU too!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
My plan for the show is to just lol at the main plot and head off into a toxic swamp the first chance I get

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

No reason not to play new Vegas, it’s the top of the mark

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

True Xbox fans play Fallout

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I came into some guilt free birthday money... Do I trade in my series s for a series x? Or should I wait to see if they're doing a mid lifespan bump ala the one x?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

External Organs posted:

I came into some guilt free birthday money... Do I trade in my series s for a series x? Or should I wait to see if they're doing a mid lifespan bump ala the one x?

There's not going to be a "pro" refresh with Xbox this generation. There will be a new Xbox Series X SKU without a disc drive, which will introduce a USB power delivery port for charging the controller, and 2TB internal storage, but that's it. If you have a 4K TV and want 60 or 120FPS on more games, and ray-tracing on more games, go for the Series X.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 9, 2024

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I'm probably gonna pull the trigger. I want prettier shadows in dragons dogma. I've got a 4k tv, too.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

External Organs posted:

What is the opposite of guilt free birthday money? When nana is starting to lose it and gives you a check twice on the same birthday or something?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If you believe leakers and “insiders” then microsoft might be moving away from physical media so buying a Series X might be a wise move. Could be the last xbox with a disc drive for all we know

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

BonoMan posted:

What is the opposite of guilt free birthday money? When nana is starting to lose it and gives you a check twice on the same birthday or something?

lol ya i was wonderin this too

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

External Organs posted:

I'm probably gonna pull the trigger. I want prettier shadows in dragons dogma. I've got a 4k tv, too.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/9/19/23880111/microsoft-xbox-series-x-new-design-refresh

There's the original source for my previous post by the way. There are a few differences with the controller and other spec bumps (Wireless and Bluetooth for instance) but otherwise you'll not be getting better looking games.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://x.com/xboxwire/status/1777734182187479143?s=46

Game pass when

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

BonoMan posted:

That's right. Nana remains a fount of razor sharp intelligence.

I went to GameStop but it wasnt open yet :argh:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/HazzadorGamin/status/1777669003483259386?t=eEPdbLV5i40-wL3Ca_sFlw&s=19

Huge if true

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Don't think I've played a Cod game since one of the ones on 360. I'd probably go through all the campaigns at least.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I stopped paying for cod years ago, but essentially for free? Sign me the hell up

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Yeah I'll spend a month ripping through every CoD campaign if I can. Those things scratch an itch other games just can't touch

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Out today on game pass, getting good reviews.

https://twitter.com/BotanyManor/status/1777705528925245513

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I am playing Botany Manor right now together with the missus. It's really good.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

looks cool. plants ftw

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I was about to say vr when? but at that point I should just buy some real fuggin plants.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Maybe I'm just really old now but the Gulf War feels a bit too-soon-ish for a game? But it was 33 years ago now. Black Ops 1 had Vietnam War elements 35 years after it ended.

gently caress, I really am getting old.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
What's the good deal for Game Pass Ultimate these days? Realized my point redeemed months are just about up and not many points left..

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wiltsghost posted:

Don't think I've played a Cod game since one of the ones on 360. I'd probably go through all the campaigns at least.

COD Infinite rocks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m a COD sucker. There’s been a few good ones the last few gens. Infinite Warfare, Advanced Warfare and MW2019 are all really good.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Maybe I'm just really old now but the Gulf War feels a bit too-soon-ish for a game? But it was 33 years ago now. Black Ops 1 had Vietnam War elements 35 years after it ended.

gently caress, I really am getting old.

You'll be able to play Call of Duty: Iraqi Freedom in like a decade.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

External Organs posted:

That's right. Nana remains a fount of razor sharp intelligence.

I went to GameStop but it wasnt open yet :argh:

I’d probably give you more in cash than they will in trade for it.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

COD Infinite rocks

Is that the space one? That one was good

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There was a time about 12+ years ago where I was so sick of linear, set piece shooters that were like 5 hours long. I think the world was collectively sick of them. Now no one makes them or if they do they bomb so loving hard that they never see a sequel, so the ability to just sit back and play some flashy big budget game that is only gonna waste a couple of evenings falls pretty much squarely on COD. Which reminds me that type of game was actually a lot of fun and there were just to many of them in the late 00s/early 10s.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

COD Infinite is good whether or not you like COD. It stands as a great sci fi shooter on it's own and has a much beefier campaign than the rest of them.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

kri kri posted:

Is that the space one? That one was good

yep. still looks great today

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

veni veni veni posted:

COD Infinite is good whether or not you like COD. It stands as a great sci fi shooter on it's own and has a much beefier campaign than the rest of them.

They did a really good job by keeping a lot of things basic and setting up for what could be amazing sequel stories in a new setting. Would love more games like it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I hope Black Ops Gulf War goes back to being a separate client from everything else. Lumping Modern Warfare 1 - 3 into one single game, along with Warzone, made the whole thing really bloated.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yep. still looks great today

It's my go to game to play really high. So much variety in the campaign. The lighting in the ships is sick. The shooting is tight, and you get to shoot space fascists

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

The Modern Warfare/Black Ops/World at War (yes I'm including WaW, that game was always good) stretch on Xbox 360 is one of those really cool times in gaming that I really miss but is easy to forget about or shrug off just because it's CoD.

The work they did to "clean up" the multiplayer of those games is still the killer app that keeps luring me towards picking up a Series S. Those games are on PC (and I think I even own a couple of them on Steam) but it's not the same as just jumping in with an Xbox pad.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Beastie posted:

It's my go to game to play really high. So much variety in the campaign. The lighting in the ships is sick. The shooting is tight, and you get to shoot space fascists

The whole attack on earth sequence is one of the best set pieces I’ve ever seen in a game and I like to replay it just for the hell of it quite a bit

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

otter posted:

I’d probably give you more in cash than they will in trade for it.

Ah I'm sorry guy. Already done. They gave me $175 btw - not cash, but trade in.

Setting this big guy up now!

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Bumhead posted:

The Modern Warfare/Black Ops/World at War (yes I'm including WaW, that game was always good) stretch on Xbox 360 is one of those really cool times in gaming that I really miss but is easy to forget about or shrug off just because it's CoD.

The work they did to "clean up" the multiplayer of those games is still the killer app that keeps luring me towards picking up a Series S. Those games are on PC (and I think I even own a couple of them on Steam) but it's not the same as just jumping in with an Xbox pad.

Modern Warfare 2 from 2009 is still the very best COD multiplayer. Period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

tango alpha delta posted:

Modern Warfare 2 from 2009 is still the very best COD multiplayer. Period.

Though Black Ops 1 is a very close second for me especially with the dlc taken into account