Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

My pro grilled cheese tips:

Microwave the cheese on one of the slices for just a little bit to make sure it's properly melty. Then add the other and fry in God's own cooking fat, LARD. :chef:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Saw them nick someone else's phone about 75 yards in front of us too and the woman fell over, face first chasing after them.

THANKS SADIQ KHAN

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
All this talk of American food has me hungry..I've got my foot elevated with an ice pack on it now as Nurse Wife won't let me walk around on it..

I'm.ordering McDonalds. It's the closest thing to food I can get quickly I think. Plus their chips are great.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Have you tried KFC chips lately? They suddenly got good?? Admittedly you have to eat them the moment you get them in the place so they’re still hot and fresh and crisp. Otherwise they’ll get cold on the drive home and are then terrible. The seasoning on them now is really nice.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

The_Doctor posted:

Have you tried KFC chips lately? They suddenly got good?? Admittedly you have to eat them the moment you get them in the place so they’re still hot and fresh and crisp. Otherwise they’ll get cold on the drive home and are then terrible. The seasoning on them now is really nice.

I have! They're actually pretty good, I agree. KFC and McDonalds are the only places here I can get delivery 24/7 in about 20 mins..I just didn't fancy chicken.

Generally our food always arrives hot still unless the drivers get lost..

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Solefald posted:

THANKS SADIQ KHAN

Also, better him than Boris!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

All this talk of American food has me hungry..I've got my foot elevated with an ice pack on it now as Nurse Wife won't let me walk around on it..

I'm.ordering McDonalds. It's the closest thing to food I can get quickly I think. Plus their chips are great.

Having extremely swollen ankles to the point of not being able to walk, not seeing a doctor about it, and then ordering fast food is a quintessential American experience

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Toxic Mental posted:

Having extremely swollen ankles to the point of not being able to walk, not seeing a doctor about it, and then ordering fast food is a quintessential American experience

That's what I was going for tbh. It's not broken, it's just twisted. She wants me to go A+E tomorrow and I'm "that person" who never goes to the GP unless it's hanging off and turning green..

So that's going to be an argument tomorrow. I really don't wanna be dragged to A+E for 8 hours.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
maybe she can phone ahead for you and make an appointment?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

If you chase and catch a mugger, is it okay to beat them up a bit?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

That's what I was going for tbh. It's not broken, it's just twisted. She wants me to go A+E tomorrow and I'm "that person" who never goes to the GP unless it's hanging off and turning green..

So that's going to be an argument tomorrow. I really don't wanna be dragged to A+E for 8 hours.

You don't need to go to A&E

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sprains-and-strains/

If your wife insists, then call 111 and get their advice

(imagine if it was your wife answering the call though lol)

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Yes, they are amazing. They're covered in herbs and spices and I love them so much.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

don't go to a&e for a twisted ankle lmao

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

in a race against time to finish cutting the grass before it starts raining again

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
Perhaps use some sort of mower

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I'm sure the neighbours are pleased with my 8am loud gardening shenanigans

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

kecske posted:

I;m Thinking About Thos Beans

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

kecske posted:

in a race against time to finish cutting the grass before it starts raining again

Saturday was basically the only dry day we've had recently so had to run out and get it done

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I was once mugged for a ring I was wearing on a necklace (it was a gold replica of the one ring) in the middle of Leeds except the muggers then forgot to run away? They just stood there by Greggs while I called the police from my sister's car and then ran down the streets with the cops shouting "get the bastards" and they were got

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm from Scotland* and have never seen a mugging or been mugged

*the nice bit

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they were right to mug you

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Don't you guys have a minor injuries unit around or something? That's usually where I go for injuries that aren't life threatening.

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/urgent-and-emergency-care-services/when-to-visit-an-urgent-treatment-centre-walk-in-or-minor-injury-unit/

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Butterfly Valley posted:

I was once mugged for a ring I was wearing on a necklace (it was a gold replica of the one ring) in the middle of Leeds except the muggers then forgot to run away? They just stood there by Greggs while I called the police from my sister's car and then ran down the streets with the cops shouting "get the bastards" and they were got

which Greggs

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Gonna be on this ward for another week at least. Might leave with more problems than I came in with.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice
Suspect was wearing a black hoodie and carrying a blade

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

goatface posted:

Gonna be on this ward for another week at least. Might leave with more problems than I came in with.

don't get MRSA

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

mrpwase posted:

which Greggs

Outside the light next to Tiger tiger or whatever that poo poo bar is these days

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Solefald posted:

Don't you guys have a minor injuries unit around or something? That's usually where I go for injuries that aren't life threatening.

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/urgent-and-emergency-care-services/when-to-visit-an-urgent-treatment-centre-walk-in-or-minor-injury-unit/

They do but I can think of a million things better than going there and spending an afternoon waiting for them to say rest it, use anti-inflammatory and ice.

To which I say, use the above but also sweet painkillers if you have any.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

don't get MRSA

Already picked up a grim cough from somewhere. I blame all the smokers.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
What’s the food like

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Butterfly Valley posted:

Outside the light next to Tiger tiger or whatever that poo poo bar is these days

Often a vegan sausage roll from that Greggs has prevented me from fainting on the bus home after giving blood

God bless vegan sausage rolls

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
If you go to a&e you can get chatting to a guy who got 5 years in prison after the shotgun he'd pop it down his trousers to do armed robbery went off early lol

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I don't think that's a standard feature of every a&e

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

if you go to a&e you'll also meet a dozen people who are there because they couldn't get a GP appointment for some minor ailment

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you can get the novel coronavirus, at a&e

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gasmask posted:

What’s the food like

Surprisingly dessert heavy.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

mrpwase posted:

Often a vegan sausage roll from that Greggs has prevented me from fainting on the bus home after giving blood

God bless vegan sausage rolls

amen

i would get pasties from there before i went into the cinema except one time i forgot and sat down with them in my back pockets and had warm cheese and onion mush all over my arse for the duration of the film

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Was that good or bad

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Butterfly Valley posted:

warm cheese and onion mush all over my arse

liked and subscribed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I'm from Scotland* and have never seen a mugging or been mugged

*the nice bit

I lived in Swindon* and have been mugged.

*there are no nice bits