Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
lmao

quote:

"[T]his guy -- three months ago he boasts about the fact that he could find Israel on the map, he thought that Erdogan was the Prime Minister of Israel, & he's telling his viewers, believe me, I've never seen that program, never will. But people are emailing me: 'Finkelstein. Be careful, he's going to destroy you. Finkelstein, he's really ready now' -- I'm thinking, what the gently caress, are you talking about? A guy who gets all his knowledge from Wikipedia is going to destroy me?!"

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1777348176179003579

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

I'm still not sure how Norman Finkelstein ended up debating a failed Starcraft2 player but lmao

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

libs, man...

This is from several pages back, but it’s super funny that the only reason that libs have suddenly become obsessed with eclipse safety is because Trump stared at the eclipse without glasses that one time

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

pencilhands posted:

the vice president of the united states is a moron who believes in astrology

the stars are real idiot

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Willa Rogers posted:

lol.

it works fine for me; only you & mclib seem to be having problems lately.

Defending Elon and Trump is the real left position.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Clip-On Fedora posted:

This is from several pages back, but it’s super funny that the only reason that libs have suddenly become obsessed with eclipse safety is because Trump stared at the eclipse without glasses that one time

looking forward to the dumber mask discourse

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Cum

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://x.com/thehill/status/1777842956801593423

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
first post

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

a "mistake" that i have supported 100% and continue to do so

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

good news for media literacy!

https://newslit.org/

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mocking your victims, hosed up poo poo

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

https://youtu.be/62UzLgdb1GQ?si=a5YjylMCHs-rDGBg

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al! posted:

mocking your victims, hosed up poo poo

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

how the gently caress is Virgil’s name still on that logo

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Nonsense posted:

gently caress him for even mentioning that NPR was sympathetic to Palestinians they were not.

The author of that piece either does not want to acknowledge that viewpoints left of a typical NPR listener exist, or actually doesn’t realize that they do. (e: among people they acknowledge as real people that is, you know what I mean)

Not calling you wrong, just saying they might be high enough on their own supply to actually believe it.

eviltastic has issued a correction as of 02:08 on Apr 10, 2024

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
“Brie…. I prefer Briahna “ is just peak Finkelstein :golfclap:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Uncle Wemus posted:

“There’s an unspoken consensus about the stories we should pursue and how they should be framed. It’s frictionless—one story after another about instances of supposed racism, transphobia, signs of the climate apocalypse, Israel doing something bad, and the dire threat of Republican policies. It’s almost like an assembly line. “
https://www.thefp.com/p/npr-editor-how-npr-lost-americas-trust

That dude looks like Jeffrey Epsteins uglier brother

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Nonsense posted:

gently caress him for even mentioning that NPR was sympathetic to Palestinians they were not.
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1777809906474611168

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

nah gently caress this guy, glenn's wrong

quote:

More recently, we have approached the Israel-Hamas war and its spillover onto streets and campuses through the “intersectional” lens that has jumped from the faculty lounge to newsrooms. Oppressor versus oppressed. That’s meant highlighting the suffering of Palestinians at almost every turn while downplaying the atrocities of October 7, overlooking how Hamas intentionally puts Palestinian civilians in peril, and giving little weight to the explosion of antisemitic hate around the world.

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Nothus posted:

lol Jon really dancing on the razors edge here.

I think he even acknowledged it in this clip

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
glenn's being a dumbass, journalists have always been activists with the big megaphones, the only difference is that anyone not an activist for the neoliberal status quo got forced out into obscurity

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

found myself screaming at npr in my car several times at all things considered and npr news because of how much they were covering for israel or how they'd bring october 7th rumors into everything

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

ive said it in the palestine thread but western media should 100% be charged with complicity in genocide

at minimum nyt cnn npr reuters ap,bbc and fox

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Truga posted:

glenn's being a dumbass, journalists have always been activists with the big megaphones, the only difference is that anyone not an activist for the neoliberal status quo got forced out into obscurity

all journalists caught trump derangement syndrome, and honestly npr was one of the lesser obsessed outlets

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

It was also really funny that NPR threw a temper tantrum over getting a “state-affiliated media” label on Twitter and deleted their account.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
yeah lol the guy literally uses the phrase "viewpoint diversity" lmao cmon glem

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

pencilhands posted:

the vice president of the united states is a moron who believes in astrology

worse, she's a needy libra pretending to believe in astrology

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Clip-On Fedora posted:

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1777342821650825620
that one tweet is the only time this Twitter account has used the word “eclipse”.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Gunshow Poophole posted:

the internecine conflict between "woke" libs and "centrist" libs literally makes me want to puke

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Gunshow Poophole posted:

"one story after another about instances of supposed racism, transphobia, signs of the climate apocalypse, Israel doing something bad, and the dire threat of Republican policies"

lol

I dunno how this guy came to the conclusion they have zero republicans when he obviously is one.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

i clicked the main page for that article and saw bari weiss so im gonna pass on it

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Al! posted:

found myself screaming at npr in my car several times at all things considered and npr news because of how much they were covering for israel or how they'd bring october 7th rumors into everything

Same. Most of their news has been poo poo for years, and even though every once in a while some glimmer of truth gets in there, it immediately gets rolled over/ignored, not followed up on
They're absolutely terrible

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Al! posted:

all journalists caught trump derangement syndrome, and honestly npr was one of the lesser obsessed outlets
npr went all in on russiagate conspiracy theories as noted in those excerpts

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

comedyblissoption posted:

npr went all in on russiagate conspiracy theories as noted in those excerpts

There's no dichotomy here with npr sucking and that guy also being a piece of poo poo.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

eviltastic posted:

that one tweet is the only time this Twitter account has used the word “eclipse”.

I'll be honest I wish that I looked at the eclipse without the silly glasses, want to see what it looked like

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
trump immediately staring into the sun after a weeklong national PSA campaign to not do so was the best moment of his presidency

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I'll be honest I wish that I looked at the eclipse without the silly glasses, want to see what it looked like

Once it’s reached the total eclipse you can, so I did, and it was magnificent. I have no regrets.

Clip-On Fedora has issued a correction as of 02:17 on Apr 10, 2024

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

eviltastic posted:

and yet she still advises campaigns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

trump immediately staring into the sun after a weeklong national PSA campaign to not do so was the best moment of his presidency

him standing in front of the WH, still obviously badly suffering from COVID and visibly airhungry was incredible