Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I quit a 20 year pack a day habit 6 years ago and the two things that helped me were:

1. Change of scenery. I was in Mississippi for 8 weeks for work and it was just easier there. Part of it was probably sitting in the hotel thinking “you know I could go down 4 flights and stand around in 90 degree 100% humidity to smoke a cig or just sit here in my nice cool room with my thumb up my rear end watching adult swim.”

2. Best friend dying of cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Smugworth posted:

Good work PH

Pencilhands is one of the hardest working goons there's ever been

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

I quit a 20 year pack a day habit 6 years ago and the two things that helped me were:

1. Change of scenery. I was in Mississippi for 8 weeks for work and it was just easier there. Part of it was probably sitting in the hotel thinking “you know I could go down 4 flights and stand around in 90 degree 100% humidity to smoke a cig or just sit here in my nice cool room with my thumb up my rear end watching adult swim.”

Moving to a new place is always a great time to try and change habits, since habits are so localized.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Christmas soap in the bathroom and it’s gd April

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

lookin good sid

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Starting a training for a new job tomorrow so I bought myself some fancy pants ice cream.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Starting a training for a new job tomorrow so I bought myself some fancy pants ice cream.

Details please. And how much ice cream will you be eating?

And finally, hell yeah brother, congrats on the new job!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bird with big dick posted:

Mississippi seems like a land of misery. I haven't visited but I feel entitled to say this as it's the land of my forebears before they settled in Texas, a slightly less miserable state, and my wife went there for college a couple semesters and told me all about how viciously racist the place is.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

redshirt posted:

Details please. And how much ice cream will you be eating?

And finally, hell yeah brother, congrats on the new job!

I got haagen dasz since it's the fanciest I can think of.

White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle and a Pecan Praline. I will probably eat half and half. Debating smoking a little weed since there's no drug test. Though I feel like I might get too toasted to wake up on time for my training lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Mississippi seems like a land of misery. I haven't visited but I feel entitled to say this as it's the land of my forebears before they settled in Texas, a slightly less miserable state, and my wife went there for college a couple semesters and told me all about how viciously racist the place is.

Take it to LAN pal

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smugworth posted:

Mississippi is, by all measurable means, the worst state in the union.

Or maybe it's Louisiana. But they have New Orleans at least.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I got haagen dasz since it's the fanciest I can think of.

White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle and a Pecan Praline. I will probably eat half and half. Debating smoking a little weed since there's no drug test. Though I feel like I might get too toasted to wake up on time for my training lol

So, did you smoke weed and eat ice cream?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Or maybe it's Louisiana. But they have New Orleans at least.

I’m gonna end up in Shreveport at one point this year for work, probably in the middle of summer :shepicide:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m gonna end up in Shreveport at one point this year for work, probably in the middle of summer :shepicide:

Get a seer sucker suit, a hat, and a proper sweat rag.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

redshirt posted:

So, did you smoke weed and eat ice cream?

Not yet. I'm making some buffalo wings in the oven (double baked) and just finished up assembling a salad.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The one redeeming feature of Mississippi that I discovered is that every rural mom and pop gas station has a 105 year old African American woman that makes and sells the most delicious fried chicken.

The Texaco in Aberdeen is my personal recommendation.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 10, 2024

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

mississippi and louisiana suck but they really arent that bad the worst state is west virginia

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I wanted to apply for a job as an assistant sound tech guy, but they're looking for women or people of color.

I'm just shy of forty years old and I think this is the very first time my race/gender (white man) hasn't just given me a straight-up advantage to everything I do. This is the nightmare hellscape my grandparents had foretold!!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Not yet. I'm making some buffalo wings in the oven (double baked) and just finished up assembling a salad.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

drat. Nice job.

And sorry about the woke mind virus DEI situation credburn. We'll fix this once Trump is back.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
So when I got those comics earlier today I also grabbed a $1 comic off the shelf just because I liked the cover. Read it. Now I'm buying a collection of the first six issues. It was p dang good.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Is that your real presentation? If so, bravo.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

i would eat the gently caress out of this

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
pencilworth.

Smughands.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
:whitewater: