Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The mistake was Biden's dad not pulling out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Not even a little bit?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

trump staring at the eclipse, eating a burger

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

last post

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

comedyblissoption posted:

npr went all in on russiagate conspiracy theories as noted in those excerpts

i guess fox news and newsmax were exempt from the curse but i was more talking about liberal media, who all went all in

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

PoundSand posted:

There's no dichotomy here with npr sucking and that guy also being a piece of poo poo.

this is not a political argument, you fool, this is about whether or not glenn is wrong

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

love nprs debate shows where both people have the same opinion they just come from different republican think tanks

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Once it’s reached the total eclipse you can, so I did, and it was magnificent. I have no regrets.

I’m no medical professional but what I’ve been told is the real danger is looking at it when it moves from totality back to even slightly not totality

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Bootleg Trunks posted:

love nprs debate shows where both people have the same opinion they just come from different republican think tanks
npr is the quote from that recent koos sixer

but they mean it earnestly

i stopped listening when they brought on kissinger as an expert

even way back when i was still dnd brainwashed i knew npr was trash but try telling a lib that

AmiYumi has issued a correction as of 02:43 on Apr 10, 2024

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol "piling on"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I’m no medical professional but what I’ve been told is the real danger is looking at it when it moves from totality back to even slightly not totality

lol I will say I didn’t stare at it for than a minute once it reached the total eclipse because that window is only like two minutes at most.

I should probably also state that I’m not a medical professional either, and in retrospect you should not do what I did.

Clip-On Fedora has issued a correction as of 03:00 on Apr 10, 2024

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

comedyblissoption posted:

npr went all in on russiagate conspiracy theories as noted in those excerpts

Russiagate was not a conspiracy theory tho

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Zerg Mans posted:

shut the gently caress up zerg mans

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

voting is election interference

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

these old rear end gooner men really gonna make a "rump" joke

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

has anyone here actually tried jenis splendid ice cream? is it good

pencilhands has issued a correction as of 02:58 on Apr 10, 2024

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Zerg Mans posted:

Actually, it was projection, because we really did conspire to get Boris Yeltsin elected in the 90’s in order to destabilize Russia, so we assumed they were doing the same to us with Trump.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

pencilhands posted:

I had some one time it was good because it was ice cream but I didn’t think it was any better than other premium grocery store pints like b&js or whatever

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

pencilhands posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HVi5Kt--64

No.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

pencilhands posted:

When I go by one with friends in Philly, they always taunt me and loudly say I love the pedophile ice cream in front of its huge line of libs

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Nichael posted:

When I go by one with friends in Philly, they always taunt me and loudly say I love the pedophile ice cream in front of its huge line of libs

there's one that just opened in a shopping area near me and whenever we go by I'm muttering to myself about the pedo ice cream and my partner looks at me weird

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Succdems always writing it tRump is so goddamn lame

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Bootleg Trunks posted:

During the pandemic they interviewed a Republican whom they asked the question: "Why are Republicans politicizing the vaccine?"

The dude responded by saying the Democrats are doing it too and that Kamala Harris said, during the debates, that she would never take the vaccine if Trump endorsed it.

After he got off the air, NPR did a very special fact check on his statement and said that what he said about Kamala saying that at the debates was false and that NPR is committed to the truth.

It struck me as super weird that they said it that way so I looked it up myself and yep. Kamala did say that she wouldn't take the vaccine if Trump endorsed it. She just said it at some speech, not a debate.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Clip-On Fedora posted:

lol I will say I didn’t stare at it for than a minute once it reached the total eclipse because that window is only like two minutes at most.

I should probably also state that I’m not a medical professional either, and in retrospect you should not do what I did.

realistically even though there's memes of google searches "why eyes do hurt" after an eclipse I kind of doubt it's that serious of a concern. Eclipses/partial eclipses happen p regularly on a world scale and there's no way you can get a broad population that couldn't manage masking to not look at a cool thing for a few seconds so if it were an actual problem you'd have a wake of blindness every year and a half or so.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Where's the npr reporting on this faux concern over eclipse eye damage are you telling me that glancing at the sun when your eyes sweep across the sky is gonna blind me permanently get out of here. The US president looked directly at it wake up sheeple.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

During the pandemic they interviewed a Republican whom they asked the question: "Why are Republicans politicizing the vaccine?"

The dude responded by saying the Democrats are doing it too and that Kamala Harris said, during the debates, that she would never take the vaccine if Trump endorsed it.

After he got off the air, NPR did a very special fact check on his statement and said that what he said about Kamala saying that at the debates was false and that NPR is committed to the truth.

It struck me as super weird that they said it that way so I looked it up myself and yep. Kamala did say that she wouldn't take the vaccine if Trump endorsed it. She just said it at some speech, not a debate.

I don’t remember exactly what she said at the debate but i do remember it was one of those very carefully crafted statements that when you hear in person sounds very clear but if you go back and try to clinically parse out from a transcript or a video clip has enough wiggle room to be deniable

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1777724030440628648

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

people eat food

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/_SonOfCormac/status/1777724296606908695
no

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
owning the inflation whiners by decisively proving how the official CPI grossly understates actual inflation

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
fun fact: the YouTuber Noah Samson (one of the few “leftist YouTubers” that actually made videos about Palestine instead of Roblox or anime or whatever) saw the Destiny vs Finklestein debate and it destroyed his brain and made him move to Thailand.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Palladium posted:

owning the inflation whiners by decisively proving how the official CPI grossly understates actual inflation

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I wanna swirly Will for a whole year

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

pencilhands posted:

it's good enough to lure children

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Are the Democrats floating student loan forgiveness? I'm seeing a lot of FB chatter about how it's theft of our precious dollars.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Nichael posted:

people eat food

The dril post but with bigmacs.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

trump immediately staring into the sun after a weeklong national PSA campaign to not do so was the best moment of his presidency

when I went to look at the eclipse, I gave a spare pair of glasses I had to some guy walking his dog. we chatted for a couple minutes, and he brought this up, and said "wish it had blinded that motherfucker." I chuckled and said something like "guy's horrible, but man, is he really funny to laugh at," and the dude did not seem to really share my mirth

how are you supposed to keep the proles quiet if they can't afford their treats, will

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Defending Elon and Trump is the real left position.

defending free speech is the position, you idiot.

read some glenn, stat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bootleg Trunks posted:

good news for media literacy!

https://newslit.org/

new slit dot org