Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The most important improvement Edge made after jumping from WWF to AEW is that he stopped wrestling fuckin interminably long matches. Dude's average singles matchtime post-comeback in WWF was 20+ minutes, and he hasn't gone above 15.5 minutes in AEW for anything outside of the Christian trilogy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I thought cope was washed but then I edged with a sold out crowd while he wailed on christian in a penalty box. now I’m “up on adam”

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Also when Cope came to AEW he started doing his spear really well and I honestly didn't know he had that in him

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Shard posted:

Also when Cope came to AEW he started doing his spear really well and I honestly didn't know he had that in him

The difference is that he fuckin' kills people with it now, which rules and looks awesome.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

CombineThresher posted:

The difference is that he fuckin' kills people with it now, which rules and looks awesome.

im sorry I thought my sarcasm came through the text. I mean the "some reason" to be read as, now that WWE isn't making him do it in a lame way.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

CombineThresher posted:

hell yeah :hai:

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Shard posted:

im sorry I thought my sarcasm came through the text. I mean the "some reason" to be read as, now that WWE isn't making him do it in a lame way.

Gotcha! My bad. Sarcasm isn't always easy to parse via text. But yes his spear looks awesome now and Edge has been great in AEW.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cope is fine but I don't like him holding the TNT title and I don't want him beating Penta

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Penta is like if Captain New Japan could work, it’s fine for him to lose.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Penta wrestles the same match every time, just like Minoru Suzuki.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Copeland always felt like the guy who had all the tools to be special, was pushed like he was special, but lacked the true spark to actually be special.
I don't get that vibe from him in AEW. Maybe it's just because he's older and he has a more specialized niche, Maybe it's just because almost everybody is better in AEW. I'm not sure.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Sticky Nate posted:

Penta wrestles the same match every time, just like Minoru Suzuki.

Sometimes all you need is a spooky skeleton man to chop the poo poo out if someone, hit a destroyer, cero miedo to pop the crowd, and then leave.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

xbilkis posted:

The most important improvement Edge made after jumping from WWF to AEW is that he stopped wrestling fuckin interminably long matches. Dude's average singles matchtime post-comeback in WWF was 20+ minutes, and he hasn't gone above 15.5 minutes in AEW for anything outside of the Christian trilogy

It’s “Trinity”

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lethrom posted:

Sometimes all you need is a spooky skeleton man to chop the poo poo out if someone, hit a destroyer, cero miedo to pop the crowd, and then leave.

his leg kicks are also killer. His match against those three girls in Lucha Underground is amazing.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

JUNGLE BOY posted:

they’ve promoted it heavily on social media

AEW has? Or are wrestling news journalists just picking up the story.

I watched WM40 Saturday on Sunday morning, so stayed off the Internet to avoid spoilers. When I went online afteward, there was more buzz around the Punk All In footage than Wrestlemania Night 1. It's so strange.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i would like to see the punk tape

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
if tony backs out of showing the punk tape then he's a bitch and he has lost the war

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hhello

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Astro7x posted:

AEW has? Or are wrestling news journalists just picking up the story.

I watched WM40 Saturday on Sunday morning, so stayed off the Internet to avoid spoilers. When I went online afteward, there was more buzz around the Punk All In footage than Wrestlemania Night 1. It's so strange.

both

they’re posting the graphic on socials, and tony did an interview promoting it

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

edge seems like a good lad who just wants to have fun with his new and old friends

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Copeland is having so much fun. It comes across in his matches and that's why I can't complain about him

Even if I am a bit burnt out on the same guys I've seen the last 5-10 years being the focus of AEW cards lately

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dave just confirmed on the board that the Renaissance Men are coming to AEW.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

It’s “Trinity”

I wonder what she’s up to these days.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

edogawa rando posted:

I wonder what she’s up to these days.

Matrix 5 is gonna be directed by Drew Goddard. I sorta doubt Carrie's coming back, though.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

NienNunb posted:

Dave just confirmed on the board that the Renaissance Men are coming to AEW.

what does that mean, like, who are they?

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
The footage will reveal that Tony feared for his life, because he almost died from hyperventilation while laughing at Punk's mma punches

NienNunb posted:

Penta is like if Captain New Japan could work, it’s fine for him to lose.

Captain fookin' New Japan?! Get the fook outta here

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Adam Cole gotta be the worst signing AEW has had. Just a weird little guy that came around, got injured a bunch but never did anything funny or cool, looks like poo poo, horrible devil angle, if he’s not going to wrestle in the chair just release him. The guy even sucks at videogames. “Chugs”? What’s a guy like that going to chug? A single dew drop on a spring morning from the upturned cap of a mushroom? Get real.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

honk shoo

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I agree that Adam cole is a stinky butt who can't wrestle or promo

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MJeff posted:

Matrix 5 is gonna be directed by Drew Goddard. I sorta doubt Carrie's coming back, though.

I hope Zaslov vaults it and the 4th one.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Adam Cole gotta be the worst signing AEW has had. Just a weird little guy that came around, got injured a bunch but never did anything funny or cool, looks like poo poo, horrible devil angle, if he’s not going to wrestle in the chair just release him. The guy even sucks at videogames. “Chugs”? What’s a guy like that going to chug? A single dew drop on a spring morning from the upturned cap of a mushroom? Get real.

as soon as he got signed to AEW he stopped working out and doubled down on playing mario world, king poo poo tbh. probably won't happen as much in the future, maybe tony learned his lesson, but there was a golden era of WWE guys who just took the bag and sat at home to stream videogames

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Adam Cole's first run in the company was really good. He had a good feud with Jungle Boy that ended in an awesome trios match. He did some fun trios stuff with KOR and Bobby Fish, he had a feud with Hangman with some loving excellent title matches, then a pretty good TV feud with Orange Cassidy. Then he got concussed at Forbidden Door and was gone for like a year, and it's been pretty much all garbage since he came back except one really good TV match with MJF.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

MJeff posted:

Adam Cole's first run in the company was really good. He had a good feud with Jungle Boy that ended in an awesome trios match.

It was bad actually as they both are bad

MJeff posted:

He did some fun trios stuff with KOR and Bobby Fish, he had a feud with Hangman with some loving excellent title matches, then a pretty good TV feud with Orange Cassidy.

Hangman feud was good but only because he got utterly annihilated in the blow off, this is how he should always be booked. The rest was boring

MJeff posted:

Then he got concussed at Forbidden Door and was gone for like a year, and it's been pretty much all garbage since he came back except one really good TV match with MJF.

I think it’s time for Add Em Coal to let the engines cool down, pull into the station and retire.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

agree

disagree

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

One of my favorite moments in AEW that wasn't a match is when Adam Cole is like hold it right there Hangman, but Hangman just keeps walking until he's nose to nose with Cole and is like YOU WANNA FIGHT MOTHER FUCKER TEXAS DEATH!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp4Oi9JwvbE&t=253s

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The Cole/Hangman matches were bad. Belt stealing angle was terrible. The Halo cosplay gear was absolutely embarrassing. But Adam Cole is really nice so I don't mind.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Adam Cole is really good at two things, delivering dialogue and making facial expressions and that promo really shows the latter in particular. Hangman says "Texas Death Match" and you can see Cole realizing "Ohhh.....ohhhhhhhhhhh. I'm in trouble."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
gently caress, Hangman was such a great world champion. I hope he gets the belt again to set up Swerve winning it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

AEW is where Adam Cole came because he was done making his art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

gently caress, Hangman was such a great world champion. I hope he gets the belt again to set up Swerve winning it.

Hangman on a heel belt chase against face champ swerve is more fun imo.