Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Harmonic mods should go away. They cost less energy than Elemental mods, but mods should cost Nothing. There's a limitation in the form of slots!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nelson Mandingo posted:

They explicitly pointed out that you can combine the verbs with all the new combinations. Like Devour activates with a bleak watcher turret for constant regeneration was an example.

As a Titan, I'm looking forward/hoping to throw a incendiary grenade with jolt attached to get that ignite+jolt wombo combo.

Yeah this is very overpowered but it's been pointed out this definitely was the plan going forward and they just accelerated the timeline for the sake of the community. Which good on them. gently caress the balance short term. That can be fixed.

Banner of War about to get even more busted everywhere lol

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RBA Starblade posted:

Banner of War about to get even more busted everywhere lol

:sickos:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
We find out more tomorrow, but Prism has its own Aspects & Fragments. Obviously we saw Gunpowder Gamble and Knockout etc but I don't know if literally all of the V/A/S/Sta/Str aspects and fragments will be selectable.

Like it's one thing to have a titan with Berserker super, Throwing Hammer & Vortex Grenade, but it's another thing to have a Titan with Banner of War, Controlled Demolition and Ember of Torches

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Just give me Banner of War and Knockout, what's the harm?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

So the feats of bravery quest, where it says onslaught completed. Does that mean 20 rounds? The one I just did got to 10 rounds and ended with a cheeky copy of one of the Vow fights.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hackan Slash posted:

Just give me Banner of War and Knockout, what's the harm?

Prism is going to be extremely funny in Crucible. I wonder if all the nerfs to fun lately have been anticipating that snapping the game in two?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

one combo I've been thinking of

Sunbracers + Ophidia Spathe (or ahamkara claws) + Ember of Torches + Knock EM Down aspect = infinite solar nades for days

edit: missed a component

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 10, 2024

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The first time a Threaded Spector + Winter's Shroud hunter dodges on me with his Exotic Wormhusk of Bakris I'm gonna throw up and poop my pants

Also Prism is really gonna illuminate how weak the Glacial Harvest, Grim Harvest, and Tectonic Harvest are. Why would you ever consider using one of those !!!!

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I'm gonna do void stasis hunter and be the most annoying fucker in crucible

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If you were wondering why they increased Whisper of the Worm to a 40 minute timer, it's because they forgot to playtest it

Half the terrain at the start is no longer climbable, some of the platforms have no hitboxes anymore. The only reason I got through was I remembered vaguely which way to go and grappled to the next section. They did change up one little thing though - it has a new fourth boss and you summon the original three one at a time or all at once for a triumph with switches to shoot. The new boss's gimmick is it's The Physics Engine and shoots you off the cliff if it hits you once. There's no killbox, just a Turn Back timer lol.

Pretty annoying but with the additional time super easy solo. Beware though that enemies are supercharged - even with banner of war and woven mail up and void resists, I was getting two tapped.

e: The Taken Essence just has a placeholder icon too, when you get to grabbing some lol

I have some leftover silver and I'm mighty tempted by the Thunderhorn.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 10, 2024

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Havent done anything this patch yet except log in but lol at being deposited in the Guardian Storage Room

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

fast cars loose anus posted:

Havent done anything this patch yet except log in but lol at being deposited in the Guardian Storage Room

The guardian storage room is probably the funniest set design they've ever done. The enormous stash of faction banners had me rolling. And the suggestion that we are harnessing the very heart of the black garden in order to finally have an all black Shader

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Do you have to do a Legend Whisper to get the catalyst for the craftable version if you got the original back in the day?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Paracelsus posted:

Do you have to do a Legend Whisper to get the catalyst for the craftable version if you got the original back in the day?

It looks like it

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Soooo there's a questline involving four completions of Whisper, three of which are Legend difficulty. Does the gun actually end up better than the non-craftable version ... ? I'm not sure what happens to the gun when you earn White Nail III, White Nail IV, etc.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Didn't they announce there'd be 2 new types of tormentors, and then everyone got mad and said it should be a whole race? Feels like it's possible they've been panic expanding those two into a few more.

People really need to get rid of this conception that the four-month delay for the expansion was to make it like three times the content. There’s no way Bungie adds an entire new enemy faction in just four months of development. TFS was delayed because it needed polish and so they could quickly flip some old assets for Into the Light, not because they were secretly making it as big as Forsaken.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Honestly tho they're going pretty big for TFS, more than I expected. Joking the night before the showcase of "lol everyone ready for the new subclass?" and then, well, egg on my face I guess. The new enemies look good, new area looks cool, Prismatic subclass seems fun and broken in a great way.

I hope they give us some inherent benefits like Monochromatic Maestro (as one example) for anyone going for mono-element to help folks build around mono or mixed elements. I have no idea if we'll get another subclass one day, if we do if effectively adds a mono subclass plus combination options for everything else.

The unsung hero is the HUD tho, so much nicer separating the buffs and debuffs. Really want them to throw more strikes in, and honestly I'd love a Nightfall difficulty for strikes, that aren't Nightfalls, they just rotate like the normal playlist, but harder and more rewards minus NF weapons. But that's probably wishful thinking and a minority opinion tbh.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Pirate Jet posted:

People really need to get rid of this conception that the four-month delay for the expansion was to make it like three times the content. There’s no way Bungie adds an entire new enemy faction in just four months of development. TFS was delayed because it needed polish and so they could quickly flip some old assets for Into the Light, not because they were secretly making it as big as Forsaken.

But if I assume they were scrambling to generate new content then it not only fits in with the narrative that Bungie is greedy, but it also means gaming development is very easy and the collective petty outrage on reddit is anything more than pointless! I can use this information to become very popular among a certain subset of internet users!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Where is the Mountaintop, I was promised Mountaintop :colbert:.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The second batch of brave weapons unlocks in May

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

haveblue posted:

The second batch of brave weapons unlocks in May

No, it's 2 weapons a week. The collection will be fully out by may. The original plan was 1 per week.

Mountain Top thankfully comes out next week.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Soooo there's a questline involving four completions of Whisper, three of which are Legend difficulty. Does the gun actually end up better than the non-craftable version ... ? I'm not sure what happens to the gun when you earn White Nail III, White Nail IV, etc.

From what I can tell:
1) Clear on Normal: Unlock the Gun for Crafting
2) Then you get a quest do a special objective in Legend, involving shooting special blight balls with Whisper - 3 in the first room before you destroy the blight to drop into the pit, you then need to clear on legend. This unlocks Field Prep perk for swapping with Mulligan. This will have follow-ups for the next 2 weeks. (or was it 3?)
Clearing on legend also gives the catalyst.

Additionally, there is currently 2? Oracles that can be found and shot within the mission. I think there's a bug where only one party member can get them per run. These seem to be hidden where old secrets were? The first gave my buddy White Nail II and III but only gave me II when we did it again. (These unlock the various crafting options) The second Oracle gave me two pieces of the ship schematic. (The triumph calls out needing all 7 for the ship)

Presumably the oracles will be time gated to coincide with the quest steps to repeat the mission for the other perks.

Does it end up better the non-craftable? Maybe. Depends on your preferences. I imagine the other perks are better the mulligan if you don't miss your shots.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I gotta be honest Bungie I hate this poo poo, the time-gating basic features of the weapon and making you play the same mission four times to get the version of the gun the meta will actually be balanced around. I still haven’t bothered “finishing” Vexcalibur and Wishkeeper because the weapons aren’t actually very good and the missions are beyond loving tedious to do even once especially solo

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
So I had a Trust handcannon with explosive rounds rotting in my vault and man does that thing slap with a solar build this season. It's like a legendary version of Sunshot. Nonstop explosions. Can't believe I had never used it before.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
What in-game item did Bungie disable? Their url doesn't seem to work, bung.ie/Disables

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Finster Dexter posted:

What in-game item did Bungie disable? Their url doesn't seem to work, bung.ie/Disables

All weapons with Cascade Point. They were… broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HscrdyCRhaA

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

I gotta be honest Bungie I hate this poo poo, the time-gating basic features of the weapon and making you play the same mission four times to get the version of the gun the meta will actually be balanced around. I still haven’t bothered “finishing” Vexcalibur and Wishkeeper because the weapons aren’t actually very good and the missions are beyond loving tedious to do even once especially solo

On one hand, I sort of get it cause I haven't finished up Wish Keeper, but on the other, the guns are decent out of the box so I don't really agree "basic features are being time gated" - its basically just extra customization. If you want to min-max your gun, you gotta come back for a few weeks. That feels like an okay way to do "grind" in this sort of game IMO.

But also maybe don't do the missions solo if they're too tedious that way. There's a whole discord where you can probably go "hey, anyone else need this" and you'll blow through it in a third of the time with half of the pain.

I sort of appreciate there's reasons to redo the missions? It doesn't always hit, but in terms of content I like, I put these missions behind Raids and Dungeons because they generally feel challenging in interesting ways or at least offer something fresher.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I think we could streamline it a bit by having catalysts in total unlock from a legendary run of whatever exotic mission, but all of them. Make them requires certain levels, sure, those don't really matter any more anyway. I could vibe with a normal run getting the weapon, and a legend run unlocking catalysts, I think the problem is more having to do 4 runs to get all the catalysts, which isn't really a fun thing to be *forced* into, unless maybe they were changed significantly enough. That could be fun.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
Well onslaught is kinda boring and the guns being time-gated is really dumb. It’s supposed to be a hype-building event, and it’s kinda doing the opposite and reminding me why I stopped playing in the first place.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Onslaught is great imo.

Great add density and not trivially easy without feeling unfair, it's almost exactly what I wanted from a Destiny horde mode. Almost every death I've had feels actually earned. The maps are obviously existing areas but have been heavily reworked enough for this so they feel distinct. There's just enough variety with the bonuses and round types to mean every round can't be handled by just standing by the ADU. The upgrades all seem moderately useful. If they leave it exactly as is, it could certainly get boring with enough repetition, but if nothing else I find it an engaging activity to drop in and just "play Destiny", which is still a thing I enjoy doing. Hoping they expand out with more maps/enemies/round types.

Can't wait to try Legend when I've got a couple hours to really dedicate, because a full 50 round normal run takes 60+ min.

Also as much as I love Shaxx this should have been another Xur/Starhorse show.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Yeah Onslaught is pretty dang fun. It's basically the Coil but without personal upgrades and instead turrets and stuff. It's good. The Brave weapons seem fun but also just like, the weapons for the playlist, and that's groovy but not exactly blowing my mind, but I'm okay with that.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Yeah, Recluse is one I missed out on and it feels really good to use, but it's still ultimately a legendary primary. I'm definitely anticipating some of the upcoming ones.

Feels great to get a guaranteed holofoil for each weapon with an ok roll for completing the Attunement quest. It also feels really cool to get a dropped holofoil with the double perks. I actually really appreciate these weapons having no crafting or focusing. It really brings back the "hunting for a roll" feel of Destiny, which has been pretty limited in scope.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Onslaught is good and fun. I’ve wanted to fight waves of enemies across the Cosmodrome since the D1 beta.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Lord Packinham posted:

Well onslaught is kinda boring

I'm gonna help you out. If you're bored by Onslaught, you will never enjoy this game again. Uninstall now and save yourself the trouble. It basically plays to all of Destiny's strengths all at once.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My only problem with Onslaught is the lack of a 4 or 6 player mode for it. It owns

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Onslaught is alot of fun and feels like a proper challenge. I wiped at 22 and 32 on my Legend runs.

You do get 2 chests at the end of each set of 10 making Legend a much more efficient farm than normal. The light level difference being legend starts -10 and normal starts -0 so if you can handle a hero nightfall, you're going to double your loot.

Similar to altar you can just leave/reset after your first set of 10 if you don't want to continue.

Legend is really enjoyable although I dislike big boss being spawned on the thing, Tormentors are hard and the majors are a whole rear end problem after 30. I think you def need to come correct with good builds, meta weapons and being on top of your game to make any progress.

I ran with my goon friends and some rando's out of lowman to see how they were doing it

- Actively optimize/swap your loadouts for DPS. Izzy, BnS Cata, Witherhorde, LFR's with surrounded. The GL changes make them very viable as well. Bosses come on specific waves. switch before, you can pick up enough heavy. Surronded LFR's absolutely slap, big fan of RoN LFR for tormentors

- Div is good! If you actually communicate and leverage it. there's probably a path to success via Ceno/rocket spam and than LFR spam a-la GM's and other content but doesn't feel super needed

- actually use your heavy/special ammo

- non-exotic primaries that do not have a fat damage perk (surrounded/1fa) are pretty useless after 30

- Run an exotic primary with finders/scouts. I did not ever feel ammo starved between the ammo drops and the crates.

- Cycle through your supers aggressively, try to make orbs, get orbs. powerful attraction v good

This felt really good and like a lot of fun, really enjoying the mode. I think they hit it out of the park.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

My only problem with Onslaught is the lack of a 4 or 6 player mode for it. It owns

God I wish they had it for 6 people

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm gonna help you out. If you're bored by Onslaught, you will never enjoy this game again. Uninstall now and save yourself the trouble. It basically plays to all of Destiny's strengths all at once.

I disagree, I think the raids do, but it might just be me as people gushed over the coil and I felt the same way about that as this.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I despise coil and I like Onslaught. Everybody's got their own preference for just how mindless is the right about of mindless Big Room Full Of Shootmans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
What is with people running around with 2 primary weapons and no special weapon? My friend I've played D2 with for years is constantly doing this and drives me insane. I end up being the only one using a special weapon so all the yellow bars essentially become my problem alone while he's running around using a strand auto rifle with his solar build.

He makes like 6 orbs and kills like a third of the amount of poo poo I kill. He'll talk about trying new builds but always resorts to just pointing a primary weapon and pulling the trigger, and not even having a siphon mod equipped to make orbs for the rest of us.

Frustrating because if we do any difficult 3 man content it always becomes a slog because he doesn't pull his weight at all.