Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Modal Auxiliary posted:

This is deeply upsetting, what's it from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foOqrX9GHyc

oops I SNlPED the new page!!!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

AITAH for not wanting to breakup my engagement with my fiance that happens to be my stepsister.

i yelled don't worry about us just know i will enjoy loving my sister tonight.

This story sucks for the engaged couple but I'm enjoying the idea of him having to return the next day and admit that he in fact did not have sex with his sister that night.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Modal Auxiliary posted:

YTA for talking like this

YTA for policing how people talk

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Lol, you're a grumpy old fart

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

ApplesandOranges posted:

AITA for inviting a clown to my wedding and putting him in the pictures?

Good clown credentials

These are impeccable clown credentials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e75z3cBM-PU

Pie Colony
Dec 8, 2006
I AM SUCH A FUCKUP THAT I CAN'T EVEN POST IN AN E/N THREAD I STARTED

Mordiceius posted:

YTA for policing how people talk

"YTA for judging people"

I have bad news for you about this thread and r/AITA as a whole

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Modal Auxiliary posted:

She’s eighteen.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Keeping the rizz on fleek, no cap

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

That's not very lit of you, fam

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Why are feet always at the extreme of fetish obsession, or think they are disgusting? Surely I am not the only person with a moderate position of "Feet can be sexy, but barely crack the top 10 or sexy body parts at best"
it's at the extreme end of "acceptable"

anything "weirder" than feet doesn't get talked about

"vanilla sex"---------------feet--------------------weird poo poo they don't talk about

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Feet get an extra little push towards disgusting because like 50% of feet guys think they're James Bond and no one could possibly know what they're really up to.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

InsertPotPun posted:

it's at the extreme end of "acceptable"

anything "weirder" than feet doesn't get talked about

"vanilla sex"---------------feet--------------------weird poo poo they don't talk about

Horse's full toilet (everything about)

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

AITAH for not wanting to breakup my engagement with my fiance that happens to be my stepsister.

It's pointless to debate if these are real, but I gotta think: Wouldn't you start off by saying that you and your fiancee were dating for 2 years before your parents met and started dating?

A similar thing happened to my parents. They were dating for a while but their surviving parents started seeing each other and were about to get married. My parents went and eloped to get in ahead of them because they knew their parents would tell them to break up after they were married. My parents ended up having a traditional marriage a little later.

It was a sore spot between my parents and grandparents until my grandparents both died. It had to be hushed up like a dark family secret because it could be so upsetting to them.

My grandmother, a teacher and worldly woman, even worried I would be born with a disability because of it. She was not convinced I wasn't until I was old enough to start making coherent finger paintings and she decided I came out alright.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Space Skeleton posted:

A similar thing happened to my parents. They were dating for a while but their surviving parents started seeing each other and were about to get married. My parents went and eloped to get in ahead of them because they knew their parents would tell them to break up after they were married. My parents ended up having a traditional marriage a little later.

It was a sore spot between my parents and grandparents until my grandparents both died. It had to be hushed up like a dark family secret because it could be so upsetting to them.

My grandmother, a teacher and worldly woman, even worried I would be born with a disability because of it. She was not convinced I wasn't until I was old enough to start making coherent finger paintings and she decided I came out alright.

your grandma wasn't very good at genetics, was she

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Space Skeleton posted:

I'm glad you came out OK but it was very rude of your dad to not change his DNA to match his new parent

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Midnight Voyager posted:

Maybe she was related to that guy who wanted to know when his adopted kids' DNA would change.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Midnight Voyager posted:

The reasoning was possibly vaguely religion-based. She was a lifelong devout Catholic but I'm pretty sure nothing there says if you are step-siblings you will be cursed with inbreeding issues.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

the holy poopacy posted:

I'm glad you came out OK but it was very rude of your dad to not change his DNA to match his new parent

poo poo I forgot about that guy

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Space Skeleton posted:

The reasoning was possibly vaguely religion-based. She was a lifelong devout Catholic but I'm pretty sure nothing there says if you are step-siblings you will be cursed with inbreeding issues.

Henry VIII argued with the Pope that his marriage to Catherine of Aragon was invalid because she was his sister in-law

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Clearly nothing happens even if you are related, please let me present to you Eve and her sons...

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

My roommate ate my beans so I went to his Baldur Gate Three game and threw every item of his inventory down a cliff, and saved over his prior saves?

quote:

I (25 M) like to order fancy beans and grains from a place called Rancho Gordo, they are called "heirloom beans". Unlike most beans they are not in a can, they are dry beans that you are meant to soak and cook properly, making very good protein-filled foods. Now, these beans are a little on the pricey side, and the bags they come in aren't large.

On three times in this year I have caught my roommate (25 M) cooking (incorrectly) my beans. He thinks that dried foods should be a "shared resource". What? He never buys beans or any other kind of good dried food, nevermind an expensive kind. I told him stop eating my beans. This week I was looking forward to making a veggie chili with some of my good beans, I got home and seen the bag was empty. Like 2 or 3 beans in there. I became enraged.

My roommate is obsessed with the video game Baldur Gate Three. I seen him play it all the time. So when he was out what I did is I went into his game. You have 4 characters in your "party" basically. So I went to this place where there is a cliff, and I dropped all of their gear, and then picked it up and threw it down the cliff. This took me a long time. Like, hours. And then I went back to his camp and changed the party with other members, and I went back to the cliff and did the same, and I did it until every single member of his party was naked and weaponless, and then I saved the game and then I deleted all of his prior auto saves, so the only save file was the one where his gear was down a cliff.

When my roommate came home he was livid. He actually did a "NOOOOOOOOOOO" like in the movies. He knew it was me and accused me of making him "Waste 100 hours of his life on NOTHING" and that he would have to start the game over again. I said well I hear it's a good game I'm sure you'll have fun. And he was like "WHY did you do this to me" and I said "Maybe this time when you rebuild your inventory you'll find some beans of your own." He was shocked silent and then said he couldn't be believe I "ruined his entire month" just because he wanted to share my beans. "Share".

He said what I did was "beyond the pale" and "not a proportional response" and said that he will "never forgive me".

It is awkward living here, I have to admit now. Some of my friends who play the Baldur Gate Three have said I did overreact and that I sabotaged his entire game, saying a run of a game can take over 130 hours. But he was the one who ate my beans.

I am conflicted though, maybe I did overreact.

Didn’t we learn during the pandemic you should never jeopardize the beans?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I thought we were sharing the save file?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hughlander posted:

My roommate ate my beans so I went to his Baldur Gate Three game and threw every item of his inventory down a cliff, and saved over his prior saves?

I say this as someone who loves that game: he deserved it, don't take other people's poo poo.

I think they could have more economically hosed them over by just breaking up with whoever their love interest was though.

Eletriarnation
Apr 6, 2005

People don't appreciate the substance of things...
objects in space.

Oven Wrangler
Reminds me of the first time I managed to make a pretty good-sized functioning city in SimCity 2000 as a kid of like seven or eight. I got into some argument with my older brother, and he decided to retaliate by going down the disaster menu picking every single one before saving the game. My parents were sympathetic, but unfortunately couldn't do any more than I could to save the city so I had to settle for the knowledge that they told him off for being a little poo poo.

I didn't steal any beans from him, though, which would have made my disasters much more deserved.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Maybe just hide your fancy beans? I'd have lost interest in that revenge an hour in

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 10, 2024

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Maybe just hide your fancy beans? I'd have lost interest in that revenge and hour in

Spoken like a person who jepordizes beans regularly.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
BG3 guy all day: I;m Thinking About Thos Beans

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Hughlander posted:

Nta, they're really good beans and you shan't jeopardize 'em.

I guess I'm having ayacote morado beans for dinner tonight.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITB for telling my neighbor to leave the door open so I can smoke?

quote:

I live in a large apartment building in NYC. I am a smoker and it is a smoke-free building so I go outside every couple of hours. I live next door to a stairwell that has an exit to the street. For convenience I like to take the stairs down and leave the door open with its kick down door stopper since this exit is not accessible from the outside. It is a nice little trick, if you will, so I avoid all the busyness of the elevators and lobby.

There is a person in the building that also uses this stairwell and exit when she walks her dog. I am always seeing her and if she comes out after me while I am outside she closes the door after she exits.

This exit is a double door. She can easily go out the other door. But no. She kicks up the door stopper and goes out the door I had open. So now I can't back in and have to walk all the way back down the block to go in through the service entrance. If that service elevator is down I would have to go back outside and enter back through the lobby.

And she knows it is me who is leaving the door open because I am smoking outside. We see each other that often. She isn't oblivious. So after a couple of times the next time I saw her do this I called to her please leave the door open, I need to get back in. She ignored me. And she is still doing it.

AITB for making this request? I am getting really annoyed and aggravated with her because she can simply go out the other door.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Mx. posted:

As someone who is trying and failing to quit smoking:

gently caress off, YTA. Don't fuckin leave the door open and make the building stink like smoke, and if you don't wanna deal with it, stop smoking.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Mx. posted:

A nice little trick to inconvenience the idiot leaving an exterior door open and stinking up the building, if you will

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

He doesn't seem to be literally smoking in the doorway, so I don't think he's stinking up the building any more than if the door were closed.

He's still an rear end in a top hat, though. The reason no one else uses his "trick" is because they understand that the door is kept closed for an actual reason.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

quote:

Edit for people's questions: Outside I stand across from the door on the curb and smoke. I am not standing in front of the stairwell door.

So he's not stinking up the building and he's got the door in view while he puffs his cigarette. The woman's just being an rear end by kicking it shut. :shrug:

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Kitfox88 posted:

So he's not stinking up the building and he's got the door in view while he puffs his cigarette. The woman's just being an rear end by kicking it shut. :shrug:

If he isn't close enough to stop her from closing it, he isn't close enough to stop some rando from wandering in. So if her concern is the safety aspect she has a point.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Guy should just take a walk, get some steps in to mitigate the catastrophic lung damage he's causing himself.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Hughlander posted:

Can confirm that Rancho Gordo does have some really good beans, nta

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

As a former smoker, I live with a smoker who smokes on the back porch. Which is like, fine. But I can also smell it in my room if he’s out there with the back door open. And sometimes if it’s closed but my windows (on the other side of the house) are open.
When you’re a current smoker, you really have no idea how far the stank drifts. I used to delude myself into thinking other people (like my parents) couldn’t smell it on me if I washed my hands after, and just lol at past me.

Having said that though, an apartment building should ideally have better smoke stop doors than a 1920s build house in notoriously under-insulated New Zealand.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Smoking makes you look cool, nerds.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm so glad that poo poo has been banned from most public spaces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Hughlander posted:

did he ask for the dude to go and buy a new bag of the special beans?