Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

kingcobweb posted:

The box score for this game is bizarre

The refs didn't want to be there for that meaningless game either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Last night was a wild day for basketball

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

Giannis had a non-contact calf injury

theyve announced this as a Soleus strain

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1777867135236386891

please dont come back quick and explode your achilles giannis, thank you sir

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Dexo posted:

I'm done with the Bulls.

taking recommendations on a new team.

Cannot be located anywhere near Boston.

Wolves imo Ant is fun, I'll probs be bandwagoning them once the Cavs never win another match

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Dexo posted:

I'm done with the Bulls.

Looks like a good time to get on the Wemby train.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Dexo posted:

I'm done with the Bulls.

do you like teams that shoot free throws and currently employ the overwhelming most attractive wing in the league?

if so i have a fun song for you to learn, it even involves counting

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

aBagorn posted:

do you like teams that shoot free throws and currently employ the overwhelming most attractive wing in the league?

1-2-3 Nick Rocks?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Chairchucker posted:

Wolves imo Ant is fun, I'll probs be bandwagoning them once the Cavs never win another match

It really feels like the Cavs had that 24 point comeback against the Celtics and decided that was enough, mission accomplished :shrug:

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

aBagorn posted:

I feel like Philly is perilously close to Boston unless you're referring to Phoenix

In which case... Wrong, Kelly is the undisputed Sexy Man

Lockback posted:

1-2-3 Nick Rocks?

I'm sorry, but I need to understand which King is your particular Sexy Man.

Or did you find Barnacle Jim sexy and Chris Duarte is your undisputed Sexy Man?

Telluric Whistler fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Apr 10, 2024

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoDjURy4knY

Goddamn

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

His Shammgod against Gobert was better IMO.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1778060386958217216

https://twitter.com/SpursCulture/status/1777920210839728316

anakha fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 10, 2024

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
This was tremendously affirming to learn, I'm not proud to admit it but if I was Wemby I could see myself talking a whole lot of fuckin smack over the course of a game

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
If I was a basketball player, I would simply drive to the basket and either score or get a foul instead of LAUNCHING A THOUSAND THREES AND MISSING THEM ALL AND LOSING THE GAME

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Unironically so inspiring, I already love him so much

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1778025887092572667

It looks like a Soleus strain, which is usually ~2 week recovery. Obv the worry here is he pushes to come back too quickly and risks Achilles or other lower leg injuries.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

this is real power. you can’t teach this

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Lockback posted:

It looks like a Soleus strain, which is usually ~2 week recovery. Obv the worry here is he pushes to come back too quickly and risks Achilles or other lower leg injuries.

If I were doc rivers I’d be thrilled at this news because it makes their inevitable first round loss not his fault even though he sucks poo poo and lost a bunch of games in the regular season he shouldn’t have

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Wob cut out the part where the rest of the team didn't stop the lay up from the closeout

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

DC Murderverse posted:

If I were doc rivers I’d be thrilled at this news because it makes their inevitable first round loss not his fault even though he sucks poo poo and lost a bunch of games in the regular season he shouldn’t have

I thought getting upset in the first round with an injured Giannis gets you fired?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Jackie D posted:

I thought getting upset in the first round with an injured Giannis gets you fired?

Only if Austin rivers falls off a bridge during the series

Just kidding Doc wouldn’t even notice

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I cannot stop laughing at everything associated with this play

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

nikosoft posted:

If I was a basketball player, I would simply drive to the basket and either score or get a foul instead of LAUNCHING A THOUSAND THREES AND MISSING THEM ALL AND LOSING THE GAME

if your talking about the celtics and bucks, they did drive to the basket a bunch and the refs just refused to call literally any fouls at all

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

as in, both the celtics and bucks took about the same number of shots in the paint as okc did yesterday

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

fart simpson posted:

as in, both the celtics and bucks took about the same number of shots in the paint as okc did yesterday

Yeah the tweets about too many threes are bs from people who didn’t pay attention, their jump shots had nothing to do with it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

nikosoft is referencing the kings having a 20 point lead in the first half but losing a game where they shot 50+ 3s

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

this was the Kings 4th quarter shot chart. tbf they probably wouldn't have made layups if they took them and they were of course missing FTs

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

That is where missing Malik really hurts.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Lockback posted:

Is that the same injury KD had when he came back too soon and his Achilles blew up in the finals?

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

That Bulls play is up there with the Ant dunk for the best of the season

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Also just saw that Sabonis' double-double streak ended last night. What a gently caress up of a game.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

big boi posted:

That Bulls play is up there with the Ant throw-in for the best of the season

yeah i agree

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

slave to my cravings posted:

Is that the same injury KD had when he came back too soon and his Achilles blew up in the finals?

Similar, it was a grade 1 sprain though KD's diagnosis was initially a longer recovery which seems to me it was both the Gastrocnemius and Soleus muscles, although with Giannis I don't know how certain they are and it was kinda weird that he just went down like that unless he was being very mindful of tightness.

Its also worth noting:
1. Lots and lots of players have had similar calf strains and recovered just fine after a couple weeks without any achilles tear

2. There is not consensus whether or not someone a couple weeks removed from this kind of sprain would be at a substantially higher risk of achilles injury. Obviously the correlation with KD is a data point, but just because it happened to KD in the Finals doesn't mean it's more significant to anyone else with the calf strain who didn't get injured. KD might have had other things going on that was a root cause for both the sprain and tear, for instance.

3. KD missed almost a full month, which isn't really abnormally short time for a grade 1 calf strain.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/davidaldridgedc/status/1778129537118695563

i reject categorizing a mid-season 11%~ swing on foul call rates as "a bit of an adjustment" thats a big ole switch up adam

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/davidaldridgedc/status/1778129537118695563

i reject categorizing a mid-season 11%~ swing on foul call rates as "a bit of an adjustment" thats a big ole switch up adam
This just makes that tedious weasel-worded Zach Lowe episode with Monty McCutchen and Joe Dumars even funnier

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
It’s extremely funny that the Bucks panic-fired a coach for only winning 69.8% of their games and replaced him with one who’s been under .500.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1778134267660476438

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

That sin is loving with the leagues money, if it wasn't clear.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

he will be sent to a cia black site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

tristeham posted:

he will be sent to a cia black site

Do the Wizards even have the roster spot?