Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

triple sulk posted:

i went to get soft serve ice cream yesterday that would have been $3 a few years ago and it's over $7 now. someone almost verbatim went "$1.30 for sprinkles what the gently caress"

this needs to happen more often, that guy and me cannot be the only two people who loudly say things like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I wonder if it's because economics is fake and economists are propagandists and everybody knows it :thunk:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

what a useless loving corpse

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1778068417372979272

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thank you Mr. President sir!!!

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Raise corporate taxes. Retroactively!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://frinkiac.com/mp4/S05E15/288971/294810.mp4?b64lines=VUgsIE5PLCBQRUcu

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

the fact that DEI made it prominently into earnings calls in the first place should have been the tell that it was always just a cynical way to get picked up by the then-exploding ESG fad

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
my company is still big into DEI stuff. No one cares at all about it cause it's just some posters they put on a wall and sometimes they'll put out donuts and be like "these are women's history donuts"

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

the milk machine posted:

Hmm, looks like the SCREAMconomy is doing DEADer than ever! Eeeeeeeeeeee hee hee ehee heeeeeeeeeeee

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

My company is into DEI but for whatever reason all of the conservative white women we have in management only seem to hire other conservative white women :thunk:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

the milk machine posted:

Hmm, looks like the SCREAMconomy is doing DEADer than ever! Eeeeeeeeeeee hee hee ehee heeeeeeeeeeee

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

triple sulk posted:

i went to get soft serve ice cream yesterday that would have been $3 a few years ago and it's over $7 now. someone almost verbatim went "$1.30 for sprinkles what the gently caress"

this is a crime. soft serve is like the fountain soda of ice cream; it should be a dollar with free refills.

good thing Biden is calling on them to reduce profits.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

SKULL.GIF posted:

Netherlands

https://www.reddit.com/r/Netherlands/comments/czmn5z/apartments_without_flooring/

Lmfao Jesus. Laughing even harder at the six figgie white guys that move to Amsterdam and talk down to everyone too poor to follow them

Lin Manuel-Turtle posted:

lunch ladies ftmfw

They are chuds op

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I've had and heard about landlords pulling a lot of poo poo but supplying your own floor?! Insane country

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
a gas station chain here now charges 40 cents to add ice in your soda.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

DO SOMETHING

i made a call? :shrug:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Casey Finnigan posted:

my company is still big into DEI stuff. No one cares at all about it cause it's just some posters they put on a wall and sometimes they'll put out donuts and be like "these are women's history donuts"

I do like Women's History Donuts. That is a measurable improvement in my life that I can attribute to DEI

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

RadiRoot posted:

that’s funny. Dunkins here are starting to charge extra to NOT put ice in your drinks.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

they release these tweets like every 2 weeks

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 32 minutes!

RadiRoot posted:

Is there only one size cup?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

loquacius posted:

I wonder if it's because economics is fake and economists are propagandists and everybody knows it :thunk:

watch him become a pessimist the second that biden loses.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

a.lo posted:

Is there only one size cup?

theres different sizes. maybe its to stop people from not buying bags of ice or something?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Loljim
https://twitter.com/jimcramer/status/1778050122951131497?t=duy5zcNn0ZMp2sxAPhU3PQ&s=19

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
new construction is aimed almost exclusively for premium consumers only.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

number seems sick today

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
The Biden admin making a tweet every few week that's like "lower prices!!!" is funny because it kind of reminds me how insane libs get about the random poo poo trump used to tweet and its like... nothing loving matters. tweets dont do poo poo.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
RAISE RATES JAY. DO IT NOW

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 32 minutes!
Just put a few more coupons in the weekly ads please if you can

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lmao population growth is basically nil particularly given we slammed a new top 5 cause of death into existence

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

HallelujahLee posted:

number seems sick today

Relax. Number is misbehaving. It's transitory.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
When do the economists start floating 4% as a normal inflation target

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

But I thought prices coming down was actually bad and only disinflation mattered :confused:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
Being an economist is kind of awesome. It's the best job if you hate rules, internally consistent theories, and real math but have a deep love for only looking at whatever data makes you feel the warmest and fuzziest today.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Casey Finnigan posted:

lol

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
https://twitter.com/MikeZaccardi/status/1778091388954882196

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

didn't biden ask companies to lower prices 4-6 months ago