Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Did I miss the joke in here or is it not supposed to be funny?

E: Like yeah they broke up for eight months and she wanted him back the whole time, maybe not the healthiest lead-up but not totally unique. Feels like there is some missing context here.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Apr 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
haha yeah, what kind of idiot would pine after an ex

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

LeeMajors posted:

I didn’t realize it was 3min until I was 2min into, so I gave into sunk cost

haha same

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

FizFashizzle posted:

I would argue that the kind of person that's going to see an A24 film in the theaters would be turned off to seeing it at all with this info, myself included.

All these post collapse civil war style movies are thinly veiled right wing propaganda, and they're generally terrible too. Early returns on this newest one aren't great, and that's before Andy Ngo got a special shout out in the credits.

Reviews so far seem to be pretty good though?

Whole lot of people seem to be looking for a reason to be mad at this movie before it comes out. Like, I don’t think it’s going to convert anyone to peace and love and getting along but I don’t think it’s a secret fascist brainwashing attempt either.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Grozz Nuy posted:

Yeah, right?

Especially when you're still single, never happens! :stonklol:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Grozz Nuy posted:

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Yeah, right?

Especially when you're still single, never happens! :stonklol:

:emptyquote:

:ninja:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Grozz Nuy posted:

I think it’s more that the video makes the guy look like a piece of poo poo but also I’m still not 100% sure.

Maybe we all missed the point and should be congratulating Fiz on his nuptials.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I was waiting for him to reveal he broke up with her to explore other options and see if he could do better, then decided to go back when it didn’t work. I’ve seen a few relationships where that happens and the person who was dumped in that situation decides to take the person back.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Abugadu posted:

Heading to Norman, OK and then DC over the next month.

Is there anything at all to do in Norman?

I was just there this weekend with a friend who went to OU. There are pretty good natural history and art museums on campus. We also went out to a German place Das Boot Camp that was delicious.

Plus the museum of Osteology outside of town was neat

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
love that movie theater box of milk duds. by the end my jaw has a huge pump.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

bobjr posted:

I was waiting for him to reveal he broke up with her to explore other options and see if he could do better, then decided to go back when it didn’t work. I’ve seen a few relationships where that happens and the person who was dumped in that situation decides to take the person back.

I really thought it was going to be that he was gay, but Jesus helped him and now he is straight.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Ever take a crap so massive that 1: it almost clogs your toilet and 2: you feel obligated to clean your toilet afterwards?

Good morning to you all too.

Braksgirl, you still doing Disney bookings? If so 2045 gonna be :supaburn::

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

I can’t make myself watch it again, but this is a big heartfelt wedding production after he left her and his kids for 8mo and she stuck around pining for him? Or did I miss something else key here?

ive basically set work back for 1 hour at my facility by showing this the nurses lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

ive basically set work back for 1 hour at my facility by showing this the nurses lol

What's their read on it?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

FizFashizzle posted:

broads, am i right

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Ever take a crap so massive that 1: it almost clogs your toilet and 2: you feel obligated to clean your toilet afterwards?

Good morning to you all too.

Braksgirl, you still doing Disney bookings? If so 2045 gonna be :supaburn::

Oh good lord. Sorry future Disney workers.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

lol yall think Florida will be there in 21 years

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

What's their read on it?

That her friends should have stepped in and stopped her.

This is a weird evangelical thing and my gf gave me a bunch of insight into it that I guess isn’t as obvious.

Pron on VHS posted:

broads, am i right

What are you talking about?

Men are nurses too. Nurses just generally see through bullshit and are honest

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 10, 2024

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Grozz Nuy posted:

Last time I saw Courtney her girlfriend was opening for her, but that was a pretty long time ago so who knows if they're still together

I saw her and Kurt Vile storing together with Jenn opening. A great show.

Speaking of lesbian rock shows, I saw the Beaches in Brooklyn last month and it was a very fun time and a good show.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

This is a weird evangelical thing and my gf gave me a bunch of insight into it that I guess isn’t as obvious

Like he was testing her or something?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I hope I did you proud, AA

drat. Now I want breakfast wings.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
lol

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1778051012760125538

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I mean, maybe you shouldn't let pedophiles have serious political influence. Or at least examine the circumstances that allowed an idiot that sleeps with teenagers have absolute control over your political future.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

LeeMajors posted:

lol yall think Florida will be there in 21 years

Orlando Island will be a popular tourist destination, assuming Colonel Montoya's freedom fighters are crushed before the start of the rainy season and can't further damage the seawall.

Bright side is The Villages will be swept away, either by water or fire

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Name names or gtfo Kevin, you don’t get to cry foul if you’re playing coy about it. Or moreover, should’ve named names back when it happened, now it’s just sour grapes even when we all know who you’re talking about. Coach it with “allegedly” if you must, I’ll award half credit when trying to avoid legal slander

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Thaddius the Large posted:

Name names or gtfo Kevin, you don’t get to cry foul if you’re playing coy about it. Or moreover, should’ve named names back when it happened, now it’s just sour grapes even when we all know who you’re talking about. Coach it with “allegedly” if you must, I’ll award half credit when trying to avoid legal slander

Pretty sure he’s referring to Matt Gaetz?

Also, I don’t really care about the Civil War movie but isn’t Nick Offerman in it? Maybe I’m giving him too much credit but I’m pretty sure he’s pretty progressive and would likely not star in some lovely right wing proper gander movie but who knows!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Thaddius the Large posted:

He's obviously talking about Matt Gaetz. Everyone in that room knows he's talking about Gaetz.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Every male nurse I know IRL has extremely obnoxious opinions about crystals.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Forrest on Fire posted:

Every male nurse I know IRL has extremely obnoxious opinions about crystals.

Haha what

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

This is a weird evangelical thing and my gf gave me a bunch of insight into it that I guess isn’t as obvious.

I think it's a minority of the profession, but there's a poo poo ton of COVID deniers that are nurses

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FizFashizzle posted:

I thought that there was (is?) a large contingent of COVID deniers among nurses. Sample size of 1 and all, but my downstairs neighbor at my last place was an antivaxx nurse, at least at the time I was living there.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Air Skwirl posted:

He's obviously talking about Matt Gaetz. Everyone in that room knows he's talking about Gaetz.

I mean, that’s what I meant by we all know, but I still don’t care unless he actually out and says it, I hate the “well it’s clear and obvious thus we can still dance around it” game

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I went to a teaching college where the other real program was nursing. This was peak "We Need More Nurses!" Union breaking times and despite being a good program it was chock full of the healing crystals/insane fringe politics types that get into nursing. It wasn't until I hit 26 I met a doctor/medical professional that I think is remotely qualified.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

T-Square posted:

Pretty sure he’s referring to Matt Gaetz?

Also, I don’t really care about the Civil War movie but isn’t Nick Offerman in it? Maybe I’m giving him too much credit but I’m pretty sure he’s pretty progressive and would likely not star in some lovely right wing proper gander movie but who knows!

Offerman is POTUS. Plot spoiler: one of the things that kicks off the titular civil war is he gets a 3rd term.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Air Skwirl posted:

I think it's a minority of the profession, but there's a poo poo ton of COVID deniers that are nurses

There’s so many nurses of various stripes that they’re probably a pretty accurate representation of the population as a whole. I think it’s probably anti vax nurses are just more likely to be vocal about it because “well as a healthcare worker…” etc

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Yeah their first 3 albums are metal masterpieces imo, just banger after banger. I must have listened to each of them hundreds of times in high school once I discovered them. They lost me with the Load/Reload phase and I never really checked back in after that. I know they put out several more albums after that, are any of them any good?

The Napster incident was unfortunate and it’s too bad Lars is such a prominent figure because he seems like a douchebag. Their musical chops and influence/legacy however are legendary.

This is basically exactly my opinion and experience too! I was introduced to Metallica in 1991 and immediately picked up master, then the other early albums, and listened to those tapes hundreds of times. Went to a couple of their concerts in the bay area in the early 90s. Load and Reload left me completely uninterested. I didn't even hate them, although I was wanting to because I was all righteous and pissed about the napster thing, the songs just completely failed to grab me and I never bought or listened to another new metallica album after that.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Same Metallica experience for me, completely lost interest after Load. I think part of the reason they have not aged well (at least for me) is that the music is so derived upon now that it comes across as extremely generic, and it is hard to mentally recapture the novelty of it from 1983.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 10, 2024

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Android Apocalypse posted:

Exquisite plating. :discourse:

Thanks!!! I've been watching too many cooking show so I've been trying to get fancy lately

Ether Frenzy posted:

drat. Now I want breakfast wings.

Surprisingly it came out decently crispy even without the baking powder since I forgot to pick it up at the grocery store. I twice baked the wings, first at 250 for 30 minutes on the lowest rack then 425 for ~40 min on the highest rack.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/jambojeremy/status/1777720618584051721?t=gNNseaJqtoUiVB9NZyBiTg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

lol loving losers