Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Sloober posted:

i cant remember what mod it is but there's one that puts them on your map, its not really that cheaty and its a nice way to show you that 'yeah marnie isnt at her store now'

NPC map locations has been around forever. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/239

It basically just saves alt-tabbing/second monitoring the wiki so yeah, not really cheaty at all and a great QOL mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Abby also notes that she hasn't dyed her hair in ages and it just keeps staying purple anyway. "I can't even remember the last time I dyed my hair... I swear, it never fades from this color..."

The wizard out and out says that one of the locals could be his daughter, so it's a bit stronger than speculation. (In fiction and particularly in video games, nobody ever says anything like that if it isn't 100% true.)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I like the idea that hair in the valley changes when you get older to reflect something else about you. Why not! There's magic all over the place.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

GotLag posted:

I'm phone posting so I can't confirm but I think this is the one I'm using:
https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/21278

Looks right to me! Thanks. :tipshat:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Oh what was the mod folks were using to do like a animated gif that shows their farm growing over the game?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

HopperUK posted:

There are indeed multiple mods for marrying Caroline.

I don't think Demetrius *means* to be a bad stepdad to Sebastian. I think he's just awkward and unsure and doesn't realise that people will think you're ignoring them if you don't go out of your way to show you're not.

It's a little more than ignoring him though. Like it's fine for Maru to have her snowman in the yard, but Demetrius makes Sebastian destroy his snowgoon. That's some petty poo poo, old man!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Midnight Voyager posted:

It's a little more than ignoring him though. Like it's fine for Maru to have her snowman in the yard, but Demetrius makes Sebastian destroy his snowgoon. That's some petty poo poo, old man!

Which also befuddles me because by all other indications Sebastian is at least like 21 years old. What the gently caress do you mean he made you destroy your snowgoon? What, by threatening to ground you?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

There's also this from the bit where Robin makes a fancy bed and Demetrius is all but what's the point?

Kindna makes you wonder why they are together.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Avalerion posted:

Oh what was the mod folks were using to do like a animated gif that shows their farm growing over the game?

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4779

This is the one I used. Haven't updated my own game and I don't see if it's 1.6 compliant on Nexus but I assume so?

Then I just used software to turn the screenshots into a gif.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Avalerion posted:

There's also this from the bit where Robin makes a fancy bed and Demetrius is all but what's the point?

And yet Robin and Demitrius are seen spending more time together than any other couple in the valley. Well, besides Evelyn and George maybe but that's a different thing.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

I forgot about that! Revised my opinion to Demetrius sucks. Got no time for lovely stepparents.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Avalerion posted:

there's a lot of unhappy people in SDV so maybe the therapist guy had it right

i think the only single person in town that has like any sense of being content is like, emily

vvv

yeah they're good, and the actual kids seem OK, everyone else tho i dunno, probably not

george only seems like hes unable to come to grips with his lack of mobility

Sloober fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 10, 2024

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Evelyn and George have been around forever and have been together almost as long. If there is any bad blood between them, they're past the point of caring enough to act on it. Not that I get that vibe from them, George is just a crotchety old gently caress is all.

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Sloober posted:

there's a lot of unhappy people in SDV so maybe the therapist guy had it right

i think the only single person in town that has like any sense of being content is like, emily

Emily is aspirational in a way. She's living her best life and doesn't give a drat what anybody thinks. So, basically the complete opposite of Clint lmao. I dunno about the whole crystals and aura thing, but she's into it and she owns that she's into it and I respect that.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eric the Mauve posted:

Which also befuddles me because by all other indications Sebastian is at least like 21 years old. What the gently caress do you mean he made you destroy your snowgoon? What, by threatening to ground you?

I mean, he probably did it just to shut him up. He's already working on getting money to move out. Sometimes people just accept obeying minor lovely rules like that to keep a home situation manageable until they can get away from it.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Cambria Bold posted:

Emily is aspirational in a way. She's living her best life and doesn't give a drat what anybody thinks. So, basically the complete opposite of Clint lmao. I dunno about the whole crystals and aura thing, but she's into it and she owns that she's into it and I respect that.

shes got her own witch magic b/c you infiltrate her dream/hallucinations

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Maybe Emily is the one that's the wizard's child.

Caroline was on birth control.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Wizard's child is Mona. He's just so aloof he hasn't noticed she died yet

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I actually think it's Caroline (and her mother is the witch).

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
game needs witch quests where you just gently caress with people. dig up the mayor's little planting bed or something

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The Wizard taught Caroline a bit of magic, and Abigail's "natural" light brown hair was a spell she was maintaining. When Abigail dyed her hair purple, she stopped. She hasn't realized yet that Abigail stopped dying her hair regularly because Abigail has grown a bit distant from her parents.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Sloober posted:

game needs witch quests where you just gently caress with people. dig up the mayor's little planting bed or something

Who among us would not instantly drop $14.99 to preorder the gently caress Up Lewis' Life DLC

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Eric the Mauve posted:

Who among us would not instantly drop $14.99 to preorder the gently caress Up Lewis' Life DLC

it's funny b/c the game gives you these funny little ways to gently caress with him like placing the gold statue in town or the various ways of using his boxer shorts, in my current game im gonna tailor them so i've got these boxers sitting in a box until i get around to it

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Cambria Bold posted:

Evelyn and George have been around forever and have been together almost as long. If there is any bad blood between them, they're past the point of caring enough to act on it. Not that I get that vibe from them, George is just a crotchety old gently caress is all.

It's a little weird that George never speaks his wife's name, let alone acknowledges all she does for him. And it's not great that a male farmer has to max out Hearts with George in order for him to accept Alex getting gay married.

George reminds me of my late grandpa, and not always in a good way.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Yeah but all the same I tell Penny off every time. You do not touch a person's wheelchair without permission Penny!

Besides, if the cantankerous old bastard wants to do it himself then let him just do it himself.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Once every two years, George says "Evelyn made eggs and leeks for breakfast, so I'm in a good mood". Better than nothing, I suppose!!

Evelyn says he was a 'gentleman' when he was younger so he's probably just an old fuckre with holes in his brain. He loves his gay sons in my save file

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah but all the same I tell Penny off every time. You do not touch a person's wheelchair without permission Penny!

Besides, if the cantankerous old bastard wants to do it himself then let him just do it himself.

I agree! George not always being nice doesn't make it good for Penny to act like he has no agency. But it's because I believe he has agency that I am able to judge him for not always being nice. :colbert:

Poque posted:

actually Penny is a monster in all aspects and should never be entertained.

facts

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 10, 2024

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
actually Penny is a monster in all aspects and should never be entertained.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Just say no to the Dependopotamus

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

There really should be a check on having heart events play in order, last game I got Pam being lovely to Penny right after Pam got her new house and found Yoba.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
fight and dethrone Yoba

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Avalerion posted:

There really should be a check on having heart events play in order, last game I got Pam being lovely to Penny right after Pam got her new house and found Yoba.

it can be really funny for some of them

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Avalerion posted:

I actually think it's Caroline (and her mother is the witch).

I think this interpretation tracks the most for me

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Dethrone Yoba and return the Valley to its Pagan roots with the Statue of Blessings.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

TurnipFritter posted:

Dethrone Yoba and return the Valley to its Pagan roots with the Statue of Blessings.

this is just another level of my 'witch quests to gently caress with villagers' idea

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Sloober posted:

this is just another level of my 'witch quests to gently caress with villagers' idea

Puck Simulator when

Quest 1) pretend to be crab, cause Evelyn to spill her drink
Quest 2) pretend to be a stool, cause Pam to fall on her butt

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
the witch needs to do more than just be a little weirdo on my farm. she needs to branch out. live a little. expand. she's got a goblin that's just bored as poo poo that loves gargling void mayo, put him to work

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

It doesn't come up often but she sometimes curses other people's homes too, like she curses Haley's Camera so everything she takes a photo of dies, Clint's Void Hammer causes all Geodes to give Stone, her curse on Demetrius caused him to lose any sort of personality....

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

I want the goblin to be a major character, move to town, show up at festivals, freak people out, have drinking contests with Pam but he chugs void mayo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Sloober posted:

it can be really funny for some of them

It's also fun to put some of them off. I never go into Elliot's cabin before I'm at 8 hearts, because then he'll ask you what kind of book he should write, and subsequently invite you to a library reading of the finished book the next morning.