Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Beau is afraid / joker crossover please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

ArmedZombie posted:

Beau is afraid / joker crossover please

Folie à Beau

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

loquacius posted:

this but every existing IP

just start fresh

Or at the very least just start over from the beginning

Time for the Sumerian cinematic universe

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
introducing The Koyaanisqatsi Cinematic Universe

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

the milk machine posted:

introducing The Koyaanisqatsi Cinematic Universe

That kinda already exists. It did have 2 sequels.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Trilogies are just the first step toward cinemaverses

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lol

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

I won’t forget how excited reporters were when a guy with colored hair shot up a screening of a Batman movie. It’s like when they report on a war and get too excited and start saying things like ‘the beauty of our weapons.’ It’s clear what they want from the job.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

2 sequels isn't enough!!!!!!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Granted I am a piggy who would absolutely eat up a weekly format of abstract documentary of the world ending set to Philip Glass music

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In Training posted:

It sounds so stupid but I don't want to pay money it. Decisions decisions

This is why I'm real glad my regional theater chain has a subscription service.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

reggio has been making one movie over 40 years imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Srice posted:

This is why I'm real glad my regional theater chain has a subscription service.

with my job I get to see most movies for free as long as its playing at the right venue. I should be good

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol why do nazis love smiling friends

god drat it

Really??? I mean, it’s a funny show, but really? You don’t see it?

I get the impression that the guy who makes it is just weird apolitical edgelord, but if he did have politics, they would probably be extremely bad.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I get the impression that the guy who makes it is just weird apolitical edgelord, but if he did have politics, they would probably be extremely bad.

There was that moment a demon was called out for blackface despire the fact the demon was black demon

And apparently they beat and killed that demon

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

doxxed and loving it

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I remember the Mr Frog episode of Smiling Friends being popular with the angry young racists I've met.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the Mr Frog episode is really funny in that it’s set up in a way that renders any message or moral statement it might’ve delivered completely incoherent but people will try to derive one anyway.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
"friends" is a dog-whistle term used by white racists, see frenworld and the show friends

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Open Source Idiom posted:

I remember the Mr Frog episode of Smiling Friends being popular with the angry young racists I've met.

racists of all ages can enjoy cartoons

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Augus posted:

the Mr Frog episode is really funny in that it’s set up in a way that renders any message or moral statement it might’ve delivered completely incoherent but people will try to derive one anyway.

Dude got cancelled for eating a journalist, said a bunch of racist poo poo, just had to eat a producer for people to like him again.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

like the episode is clearly about cancel culture but the closest thing to a statement it makes about the subject is just “this poo poo’s exhausting”

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Clip-On Fedora posted:

https://youtu.be/G-hJA03fAXo?si=a1R-Xrqe1DezYfgW

https://youtu.be/4ePv99VANjE?si=IhYB7GGhOPSa9M5f

scary ghost dog has issued a correction as of 18:03 on Apr 10, 2024

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

watched Guillermo's Cabinet of CUriosities and Love Death & Robots this past week, pretty cool. hit or miss obviously but i've always enjoyed the short-story format. are there other anthology series i can check out? (already watched black mirror). also post your fav Guillermos, mine was the one with peter weller and eric andre

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Maya Fey posted:

watched Guillermo's Cabinet of CUriosities and Love Death & Robots this past week, pretty cool. hit or miss obviously but i've always enjoyed the short-story format. are there other anthology series i can check out? (already watched black mirror). also post your fav Guillermos, mine was the one with peter weller and eric andre

Sure you've seen them before but VHS and ABCs of Death movie series are pretty okay, as are the Channel Zero scifi series but those are season long arcs.

Also there's a single shot called Oats Studios that's decent

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Maya Fey posted:

Inside No. 9 (comedy, horror, thrillers, at least one family drama, it's completely random what you'll get) and The Street (exclusively kitchen sink dramas about working class families).

Modern Love isn't up to much, but some of the episodes from the Tokyo season are by some pretty famous directors so I've been meaning to check it out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Twilight Zome

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

https://x.com/a24/status/1778105939632996358?s=46

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/rebelmoon/status/1775480017897591045?t=vN9Ts7u9Cns791daHAt9iw&s=19

Gonna watch this

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gently caress

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

me after Hereditary

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

lol that they put the credits and the run time on the back

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

Trying to castigate people for their viewing habits, unless it's explicitly fascist, is just an attempt to divert energy that might go towards criticizing capitalism.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

In Training posted:

Twilight Zome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Shageletic posted:

Trying to castigate people for their viewing habits, unless it's explicitly fascist, is just an attempt to divert energy that might go towards criticizing capitalism.

aw frig aw dang it posted:

racists of all ages can enjoy cartoons