Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's good you included the picture because otherwise I would have had no idea what was happening here.

Now I realize that it's a scene of everyone yelling "Hey" at Eliza as she gets married to Hamilton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Ytlaya posted:

It's good you included the picture because otherwise I would have had no idea what was happening here.

Now I realize that it's a scene of everyone yelling "Hey" at Eliza as she gets married to Hamilton.

also it's a scene where Hamilton implies someone is a frigid rear end in a top hat who needs to get laid, but he's just a rascally scamp so he gets away with it

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

SixteenShells posted:

so every politician who becomes the national main character gets a Weigel shoutout?

also like. just to be clear. I don't give a poo poo about Weigel or you quoting him. Post him here! sometimes he has good takes on stuff, sometimes he has bad takes. my specific objection is to you saying "why should I care about a reporter's politics". I think that's a really loving stupid thing to say even if I don't really care about Wiegel or that specific post.

You should care about Weigel's tweet s because Joementum is a good poster with funny takes and it's interesting to see what he's posting on other sites.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

sullat posted:

You should care about Weigel's tweet s because Joementum is a good poster with funny takes and it's interesting to see what he's posting on other sites.

have to be honest and say I don't know who Joementum is

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

mcmagic posted:

This is really the level of discourse you think is fun to post at as an elderly person?

I unironically wish my parents posted, because posting on forums is definitely a more mentally stimulating activity than watching TV or scrolling Facebook. The simple act of "interacting/arguing with people and discussing things" keeps the brain from decaying like it seemingly does with like 80% of olds.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I think it just makes the brain decay differently

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Huh. I wonder what that’s about?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ytlaya posted:

I unironically wish my parents posted, because posting on forums is definitely a more mentally stimulating activity than watching TV or scrolling Facebook. The simple act of "interacting/arguing with people and discussing things" keeps the brain from decaying like it seemingly does with like 80% of olds.

This is a good point. Hopefully your parents aren't as nasty as Willa is though.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://x.com/thehill/status/1778131111996014902

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

she's right

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Families of 9/11 victims are urging Congress to pass a bill that would reauthorize the nation’s warrantless surveillance powers, warning that a failure to do so will put Americans at risk of another terrorist attack.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4585360-families-911-victims-urge-congress-pass-fisa-bill/

https://x.com/thehill/status/1778126400072962400

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

mcmagic posted:

This is a good point. Hopefully your parents aren't as nasty as Willa is though.

Rude

I'd have to imagine Willa is a way better hang than you

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Ytlaya posted:

i'm glad my parents are not online at all.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

literally the only two times in recent history goons have said I'm too old to be spending my time owning goons are lyin' leon & mcmagic, who happen to be the two goons I've most often owned. :iiam:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ClassActionFursuit posted:

Rude

I'm much nicer to people on here. Even people who aren't nice to me.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

mcmagic posted:

This is really the level of discourse you think is fun to post at as an elderly person?

It's crazy that Willa has cooked their entire brain on the NY Post and still runs circles around so many of you

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

ClassActionFursuit posted:

Rude

with whom would you rather share the blunt rotation, though?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Sometimes I wind up in an argument with the same person in multiple threads because I don't even pay attention to usernames. Some of you are weird.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

mcmagic posted:

I'm much nicer to people on here. Even people who aren't nice to me.

if you were actually nice you'd stop inflicting your awful posts on everyone.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

Sometimes I wind up in an argument with the same person in multiple threads because I don't even pay attention to usernames. Some of you are weird.

Willa will follow me around to like the 3 threads I post in in CSPAM just to be nasty which she views as "owning me".... I'm actually shocked that she hasn't shown up in the MLB or AFC East thread.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's crazy that Willa has cooked their entire brain on the NY Post and still runs circles around so many of you

right?

to think they made up that story about hunter having a laptop & then got the russians to hack the fictional laptop. :rolleyes:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Willa will follow me around to like the 3 threads I post in in CSPAM just to be nasty which is views as owning me.... I'm actually shocked that she hasn't shown up in the MLB or AFC East thread.

lol, I don't follow you from thread to thread but if you make dumbass posts in the econ & palestine threads as you do here you know I'm gonna call that poo poo out.

same as when you double down on being a dumbass, like now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

lol, I don't follow you from thread to thread but if you make dumbass posts in the econ & palestine threads as you do here you know I'm gonna call that poo poo out.

same as when you double down on being a dumbass, like now.

I literally have never posted in the econ thread in my life. You are deranged.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Willa will follow me around to like the 3 threads I post in in CSPAM just to be nasty which she views as "owning me".... I'm actually shocked that she hasn't shown up in the MLB or AFC East thread.

Ugh stop this please

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
you two need to take some mdma and get over your differences

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

tristeham posted:

she's right

yeah i feel like that's getting lost in all this

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

nm, mclib attention time is over.

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 19:59 on Apr 10, 2024

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

tristeham posted:

she's right

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

tristeham posted:

she's right

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Wassbix posted:

I'm still not sure how Norman Finkelstein ended up debating a failed Starcraft2 player but lmao

He's just doing it for the love of the game, and the game is debate clubbing moral cowards into the loving dumpster

Modern hero really

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

BEY, TOO? THIS SHALL NOT STAND!

https://twitter.com/Easy_Tyger/status/1778129681289515043

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

making GBS threads on like the 2 most popular women in the country for incredibly dumb reasons doesn't strike me as an appealing argument to normie americans.

She's like a parody of woke poo poo from chris ruffo's brain.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

mcmagic posted:

making GBS threads on like the 2 most popular women in the country for incredibly dumb reasons doesn't strike me as an appealing argument to normie americans.

yeah it's a shame, if not for that I think Cornel would have a real shot

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

what does she think about Vice President Kamala Harris

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

uh-oh don't let Hootington see this

041024_5
Apr 10, 2024
he'll play Cop and commit a Felony

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
cowboy carter is pure garbage

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

Does Biden understand that his is president right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

netizen posted:

Does Biden understand that his is president right now?

It really depends on the time of day you’re asking