Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

No one actually likes the new Beyonce album. The good reviews are out of touch liberals and the hoi polloi are mostly clowning on that Jolene cover.

The good doctor just won my vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

what does she think about Vice President Kamala Harris

She only has opinions on popular women

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

No one actually likes the new Beyonce album. The good reviews are out of touch liberals and the hoi polloi are mostly clowning on that Jolene cover.

she covered a Beatles song, that’s how you know it’s a country album

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

My wife showed me the lead single from it and my reaction was "I would probably like this if you showed it to me and told me it was some new folk-rock artist instead of Beyonce" so I should probably give the album an honest shot tbh

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

she covered a Beatles song, that’s how you know it’s a country album

this was a little odd though

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

someone mentions Taylor Swift and Beyoncé, and all the goons pile in to poo poo on Beyoncé?? I see what you’re all doing here. Don’t think you can hide it.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Uncle Wemus posted:

Families of 9/11 victims are urging Congress to pass a bill that would reauthorize the nation’s warrantless surveillance powers, warning that a failure to do so will put Americans at risk of another terrorist attack.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4585360-families-911-victims-urge-congress-pass-fisa-bill/

https://x.com/thehill/status/1778126400072962400

It's not often that I agree with Matt Gaetz, Jim Jordan and Marjorie Taylor Green, but they're 100% correct in their opposition to this poo poo bill. According to Green, the bill includes a carveout for members of congress - they get warrant protection for government spying, but we peasants do not.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 20:23 on Apr 10, 2024

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

still very succishly implies that theres a famine going on in ukraine by only calling blinken out as a hypocrite without mentioning that his original premise was horseshit even without the israel context

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Trabisnikof posted:

someone mentions Taylor Swift and Beyoncé, and all the goons pile in to poo poo on Beyoncé?? I see what you’re all doing here. Don’t think you can hide it.

Yeah, Beyonce had the greatest video of all time.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Trabisnikof posted:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Beyoncé is a cop

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

loquacius posted:

My wife showed me the lead single from it and my reaction was "I would probably like this if you showed it to me and told me it was some new folk-rock artist instead of Beyonce" so I should probably give the album an honest shot tbh

The best songs on it are all Motown/Funk style, the country stuff is mostly cringe. She paid Willy Nelson and Dolly Parton to do some horrible spoken word intros and then has Miley Cyrus and Post Malone for actual features on songs. It's just not good and I really would have rather seen her try to do a real country album over this mishmash of stuff.

Anyways, everyone should listen to the absolutely insane Jolene cover. It's like if you did a cover of "Yesterday" and changed the lyrics to "Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away, and they still are bitch, slay. Nothing getting me down"

https://youtu.be/x9XHMK3nWr4?si=5K_QcjJKDQq09Tqj

Edit: YA YA is my favorite song from it and it is absolutely not a country song

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

MLKQUOTEMACHINE posted:

A succ headline I came across today, tho maybe this is more doomsday economics

when u think about it the century of humiliation was actually china hitting itself since they could only buy all that opium in the first place because they were rich

Some Guy TT has issued a correction as of 20:29 on Apr 10, 2024

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Ween's country album loving owns.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
i haven't listened to the new album but she had a song on Lemonade that was a pretty decent pop-country track.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

moths posted:

https://youtu.be/blL0e8yc5U8?si=17COQ9NO5QMvVfMc

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I have not been following any of this stupid bullshit but if the worst thing you can say about a political candidate* is that they have a few edgelordish "popular music is bad, actually" takes, I'm not exactly concerned, you know?

*To the extent that you can call anyone on the Cornel West ticket that

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

mcmagic posted:

This is a good point. Hopefully your parents aren't as nasty as Willa is though.

mcmagic posted:

Willa will follow me around to like the 3 threads I post in in CSPAM just to be nasty which she views as "owning me".... I'm actually shocked that she hasn't shown up in the MLB or AFC East thread.
would you perhaps say that willa is "such a nasty woman"

just want to clarify the level of discourse you operate on since you insist on forcing yourself into this space no matter how much everyone involved says no

wait why do both of those things sound so familiar

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Willa Rogers posted:

but it goes beyond the internet bc chait is talking about the NERVE of protestors to interrupt high-dollar fundraisers & the important business of legislating & then he attempts to link the anti-zionist actions with Jan. 6 protestors--er "insurrectionists"--which as I've pointed out was a fortuitous op to criminalize & punish all protests & brand them as "domestic terrorism."

oh agreed, the internet part just bums me out the most

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

Anyways, everyone should listen to the absolutely insane Jolene cover. It's like if you did a cover of "Yesterday" and changed the lyrics to "Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away, and they still are bitch, slay. Nothing getting me down"

haha god drat

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

drat, this woman owns. Still voting for Stein though.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The Jets will hurt mcmagic more than anyone in this thread will, don't know why we're bothering to pile on him. He's also right about Twitter sucking now. Team Willa for the win otherwise.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

moths posted:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Probably Magic posted:

The Jets will hurt mcmagic more than anyone in this thread will, don't know why we're bothering to pile on him. He's also right about Twitter sucking now. Team Willa for the win otherwise.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
being a jets fan is a harsher punishment than I or any mod or IK can dish out

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Willa Rogers posted:

literally the only two times in recent history goons have said I'm too old to be spending my time owning goons are lyin' leon & mcmagic, who happen to be the two goons I've most often owned. :iiam:

People have been calling you old on this site for so long they're all now all around the age you were when you first started posting here!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

tristeham posted:

i'm glad my parents are not online at all.

There are different kinds of online, though. IMO things like chatting or forums (I consider forums to be closer to a chatroom than social media) are better than Facebook/Twitter, because they involve direct interaction with other people (whereas on Facebook/Twitter you're mostly just scrolling through other peoples' takes or broadcasting your own).

And the default state for most olds is just to watch a lot of TV as their brains decay, so I'd rather someone keep communicating with others frequently.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

AmiYumi posted:

would you perhaps say that willa is "such a nasty woman"

just want to clarify the level of discourse you operate on since you insist on forcing yourself into this space no matter how much everyone involved says no

wait why do both of those things sound so familiar

Willa would actually like me if i did more trump poo poo......

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/HedyLamarr0629/status/1778140961249370453

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/POTUS/status/1778149703147766187

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

defending free speech is the position, you idiot.

read some glenn, stat!

Free speech absolutism is inherently reactionary

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

goons slamming beyonce and taylor swift and then praising a 20 year old ween album. lol :smugmrgw:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I've never had caviar, so I guess I won't vote for Genocide Joe...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

SixteenShells posted:

I've been off twitter for a grip but my impression of Weigel was always that he's in a weird middle ground between standard lib and podcast-left. like, he agrees enough with Chapo's positions to go on their show, but there's definitely points of disagreement between them if you're following him separately from his Chapo appearances

he thinks hes lester bangs but hes somehow fatter and greasier and thats all you need to know

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

can we get a label on joe biden's forehead that shows what percentage of his body by weight is credit card company campaign dollars

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Gumball Gumption posted:

It reminds me of when Garth Brooks inexplicably decided to be the brooding Chris Gaines and the media was all infatuated with it while normal people at best tolerated it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

white people love beyonce so much its awful

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Al! posted:

white people so awful

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

shout out to all the poor black girls who have been compared to beyonce in the bedroom by white guys. real grim poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

:dafuq:

Dolly signed off on this?