Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Phi Brain is also very insane in a good way.

It's all of the insane highs of a typical shonen toy series like Beyblade or YuGiOh, but without an obvious toy to sell. Just straight shonen fever dreams over increasingly elaborate puzzles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

symbolic posted:

this mfer doesn't like trains, bands, art, youkai, mixed drinks, or medieval economics, let's get him

correct, correct, correct, wrong i somehow missed this one, extremely correct, kinda sorta (i like medieval economics as far as Crusader Kings goes :v:)

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
https://vxtwitter.com/mangamogurare/status/1777276003854819338?s=46&t=LS68HisboJaz_TvPcZTiw
Psuedo Harem getting an anime, Let’s loving go.

It was a super cute 4-Koma romance so I’m curious to see how they end up adapting it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

important note for eupho s3: there are two movies that take place between s2 and s3, our promise and ensemble contest arc. you should watch those before s3. barely anyone in the west noticed those movies came out so theyre very easy to miss lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Furnaceface posted:

correct, correct, correct, wrong i somehow missed this one, extremely correct, kinda sorta (i like medieval economics as far as Crusader Kings goes :v:)

Tonari no Youkai-san is thataway then

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i didnt watch the more recent one because it looked more like a side story but i suppose i will

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i watched our promise but didn't see the ensemble contest one. wasn't on crunchy and googling sound euphonium watch order didn't mention it, so i was confused when kumiko came in as head of the club and this seemed established already

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

What is the full name of the trains anime everyone is gushing over? There's two trains related anime this season.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nitrousoxide posted:

What is the full name of the trains anime everyone is gushing over? There's two trains related anime this season.

Train to the End of the World. what's the other?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

symbolic posted:

Shinkalion?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

symbolic posted:

Yeah, those two.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Love that Ranger Reject is just fully recycling Tiger & Bunny aesthetics with the same announcer VA and composer.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

symbolic posted:

Tonari no Youkai-san is thataway then

Its good!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Southern Cassowary posted:

i watched our promise but didn't see the ensemble contest one. wasn't on crunchy and googling sound euphonium watch order didn't mention it, so i was confused when kumiko came in as head of the club and this seemed established already
This was the stinger at the end of the Our Promise movie.

I had missed the Ensemble OVA but having gone straight from the S3 premiere to it I'm not sure I missed anything too major other than presumably a few more new characters I haven't internalized yet maybe showing up there for the first time.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Spicy Wolf drinking game.

rule #1. Take a shot whenever Holo refers to herself as the wise wolf

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shinkalion: change the world seems a bit ssss shinkalion

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/shinkalion/status/1765512743124083092

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

00:51 - Get in the train, Taisei.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The actual OP is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3DpgLXe0yY

The first episode, much more mixed. But I felt burned by Z after OG was so good, and there's lots of little stuff about this that is understandably different (trains are for TEENS now). Not sure why the episode needed to include a flashforward fight with the main trio, when burning that time means the episode ends abruptly on a cliffhanger before the actual first fight that ERDA takes on. Also for some reason we are doing a Metaverse gimmick. The ERDA crew look a bit boring but apparently they have all been given promo material so hopefully we'll get a cast as rounded as OG's and same for whatever later villains come into play. Would also love to have an episode count on this one since another big strength of OG was having a frankly ridiculous 18 month run vs Z's <1 year.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
oh sports anime.
cycling and baseball.

easy skips.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010
Discord image URLs expire and break after a few days, by the way, so I put these on imgur.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

seiyuu radio - "they hate each other! (yuri)" is usually good but this was sadly a pretty clumsy execution, couldnt get into it

unnamed memory - feels like the sort of thing that would have been a hit 10-15 years ago with better production & direction. i liked it even so, so i guess im a sucker for this sort of fantasy story, maybe a bit of romanticism is all the isekai shows are missing

mysterious disappearances - i always like these creepypasta urban legends series, this one's a bit ecchi so ymmv

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://x.com/vestenet/status/1777848789497180390

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Glad Disappearances got picked up, I'm just hoping it doesn't end up as disappointing a production as Dark Gathering.

Dylan16807 posted:

Discord image URLs expire and break after a few days, by the way, so I put these on imgur.

Their ephemeral beauty, gone. I suppose I could be a bit more archive minded though, thanks.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

mysterious disappearances - i always like these creepypasta urban legends series, this one's a bit ecchi so ymmv

It's true to the source material then. It is certainly a creepy series in a good way and this one also has a train that goes to hell.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
konosuba wednesdays is back.
alot of new releases today.

looks like Viral Hit is the korean title this season to replace Solo Leveling.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i watched konosuba s2 but not the movie, do i need to watch the movie for s3

i am assuming the megumin spinoff is also not needed

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
the movie does actually cover a decent amt of source material and character content between the two seasons, yes. Practically Season 2.5 imo. Season 3 first 20 secs starts off with a small montage of scenes from the movie and references the events from it.
megumin spin-off is skipable

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 10, 2024

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
KonoSuba
Season 1: books 1-2
Season 2: books 3-4
Movie: book 5
Season 3: books 6-7

I'm pretty sure season 3 is going to cover both books 6 and 7. By skipping the movie you will be missing out on book 5 content. Although the movie did cut a lot of it away, there are still plot points you probably won't understand (like the trauma Kazuma is experiencing in episode 1 of this season).

Luckily the movie is on Crunchyroll so you should be able to watch it just fine.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
they should have a Darkness spin-off, doesn't seem to do much in the main series. But looks like we're getting her an arc now.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 10, 2024

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio: probably the only first premiere ep that disappointed my expectations, went in just wanting a straightforward yuri comedy and it tried to pack in way too much too quickly without much of it being particularly funny. doesn't help that either girl has like three different names and that got confusing real fast. i'll give it another two eps now that it's established itself but i'm not particularly hopeful. art is great tho

Mysterious Disappearances: pretty needlessly ecchi like Tales of Woe said, but otherwise a strong first ep when it got into the supernatural/creepy stuff, still quite a bit about the world that needs to be explained so i'm hooked in to find out. OP/ED both go hard. Ogawa is just like me fr fr on god

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Tales of Woe posted:

unnamed memory - feels like the sort of thing that would have been a hit 10-15 years ago with better production & direction. i liked it even so, so i guess im a sucker for this sort of fantasy story, maybe a bit of romanticism is all the isekai shows are missing
The action bits were nothing to write home about, but the dialogue was enjoyable.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic posted:

most hype to least:

Mysterious Disappearances
Train to the End of the World
Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night
Girls' Band Cry
Spice & Wolf
The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio
Bartender: Glass of God
Tonari no Youkai-san

reordering now that i've seen each premiere ep

Train to the End of the World
Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night
Spice & Wolf
Mysterious Disappearances
Bartender: Glass of God
Girls Band Cry
Tonari no Youkai-san
The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

watched voice actor radio and mysterious disappearances, agree with what people have said so far. va radio's got a fun energy to it but looks kind of eh and i wasn't feeling the writing. mysterious disappearances is alright - pointlessly pervy but sets up kind of a cool mystery with hunting down crazy artifacts and the magic poems. idk if i will continue either.

i got about halfway into the second ep of new spice and wolf while talking with a friend about it and i realized i wasn't vibing with it so i think i'm dropping it.

the only shows i'm pretty sure i'll keep watching are dungeon meshi continuing, the new yuru camp and sound euphonium seasons, wind breaker, and train to the end of the world. i'll keep checking out girls band cry, tonari no yokai san, and bartender for now and see how i feel about them. throwing on viral hit later.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

definitely: shuumatsu train, tonari no youkai-san, euphonium 3, yurucamp 3, dungeon meshi
provisionally: jellyfish, mysterious disappearances, unnamed memory, salad bowl

i think my only remaining thing to check out is yatagarasu, which already aired but apparently has a 1 week delay for the CR subs

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Southern Cassowary posted:

i got about halfway into the second ep of new spice and wolf while talking with a friend about it and i realized i wasn't vibing with it so i think i'm dropping it.

how could you...

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I got around to checking out Go Go Loser Ranger and while I wish they had gone with the Ranger Reject title, this looks like it's going to be a great adaptation. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this one.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I got around to checking out Go Go Loser Ranger and while I wish they had gone with the Ranger Reject title, this looks like it's going to be a great adaptation. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this one.

"Go Go Loser Ranger" makes me chuckle to myself every time I see it, so it's clearly better :colbert:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Going to watch the shuumatsu and dungeon meshi. Also Konosuba, but I think I never watched the ova and movie, so I'll have to catch up here. Not sure about spice and wolf. Been ages, but I agree that it's not an overall improvement on the old one. Are they going to get to new material?
Haven't looked at anything else yet.

genericnick fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Voice Actor Radio: Not bad, but not good either. Interested in the rookie industry aspect, but has a lot of competition this season with knock outs like Jellyfish. Or even of not this season, compared to other Radio Talk focused animes like Wave, Listen to Me. Episode 1 was just the introduction, so gonna depend on what challenges they're gonna think up. But 'oh, i don't like the character they're marketing me as' is pretty weak as a starting point.

Viral Hit: A delinquent fighting anime similar to Wind Breaker, but not as goodhearted. With quite a big webtoon universe in the background. A korean title, so you know there's going to be a lot of blood boiling bullying, but at least eventually you get to see the MC beat the crap out of them sooner or later. This season really has a lot 'influencer/follower' focused shows.

Konosuba: Starting off as a 9/10. Great faces and continuation of the Konosuba rapid fire banter

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Apr 10, 2024