Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Docjowles posted:

Interestingly Wikipedia puts Foo Fighters in this post-grunge bucket, which seems harsh (if literally true of where Grohl came from heh). Then again I'm very meh on Foo Fighters for reasons I've never been able to pin down so maybe there's something there.

I believe this was the first time I saw Foo Fighters, which was on The Colour And The Shape tour in 1997

I had bruised a rib baby-sitting my cousin that afternoon - he was playing with some toys and then started mewing, so I left over the armchair I was on a little too quick and slammed my rib into the chair's wooden frame - so the moshpit that night was an adventure. Also, they brought Roger Taylor out for a drum battle with Dave on a cover of 'Sheer Heart Attack' because of course they did. This is what they played that night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Frank Klepacki C&C albums only.

Ah, someone with taste.

Leperflesh posted:

music peaked with Johann Sebastian Bach and has been downhill ever since

the passacaglia and fugue in c minor played on a giant church organ is the pinnacle of human musical achievement

Counterpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Czx8EWXb0

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I used to constantly seek out new music and still occasionally do that on Spotify but nowadays most of the time it's just Mountain Chill on the home office speaker for 8 hours a day during the week, I've found new stuff that way too which I guess is sort of the point of radio now that I'm thinking about it :v:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I love how people who insist the confederate flag is an important part of their heritage are also the kind of people who bitch about giving out participation trophies to kids playing little league.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 10, 2024

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Fifty Three posted:

I used to constantly seek out new music and still occasionally do that on Spotify but nowadays most of the time it's just Mountain Chill on the home office speaker for 8 hours a day during the week, I've found new stuff that way too which I guess is sort of the point of radio now that I'm thinking about it :v:

My old work car had a digital radio, so I could listen to BBC 6 Music and find a shedload of new bands to get into like Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES, Coach Party, Yard Act and Dry Cleaning. The one band I didn't find that way was Deafheaven after I read a big write-up on their 'Infinite Granite' album on The Ringer and now I have a little fixation on blastbeats and scarcely decipherable screamed vocals, which is absolutely not in my wheelhouse at all

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
muh heritage is losing

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Queens of the Stone Age are cool and good

Every now and then I'll take a moment and listen to Songs for the Deaf from start to finish. It's basically the perfect album imo.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Counterpoint:

thesis: bach
antithesis: van halen

synthesis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMnXEsCeq84
yes I know fur elise is beethoven shut up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q41a62QWmic

e. here's a better recording of van halen's fur elise https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G9otXcqwz0&t=64s
with some actual bach around 7 minutes+

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 10, 2024

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
This was the Van Halen solo of its time, I think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcht5_N-ycE&t=384s

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

This was the Van Halen solo of its time, I think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcht5_N-ycE&t=384s

I like it better on organ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPc1GpCoOsU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Leperflesh posted:

thesis: bach
antithesis: van halen

synthesis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMnXEsCeq84
yes I know fur elise is beethoven shut up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q41a62QWmic

e. here's a better recording of van halen's fur elise https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G9otXcqwz0&t=64s

I avoided going down the live rabbit hole because then I’d get lost for hours (Or end up rewatching Live Without a Net for the billionth time). Theres at least a few shows from the 1984 tour where he plays In the Hall of the Mountain King as lead in to Growth/Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love, along with some early versions of Cathedral from the Women and Children First tour in 1980 that go into some other classical stuff as well.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The Fugees' The Score is another album that I vote is pretty amazing from beginning to end.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Yeah, right?

Especially when you're still single, never happens! :stonklol:

Haha yeah who would be so lame haha

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
So he wants to live forever and never have pizza, beer or donuts again.

Dude, just become Catholic and commit suicide and you can go to Hell for free.

https://x.com/MailOnline/status/1770129910754885941

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Neil Armbong posted:

I saw her and Kurt Vile storing together with Jenn opening. A great show.

Speaking of lesbian rock shows, I saw the Beaches in Brooklyn last month and it was a very fun time and a good show.

If you like lesbian rock songs may I suggest hitting shuffle on this playlist?

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3YltORZRwFZ7y0LDPQfY2n?si=spBDf2K0QkGCddQrtUWfEw&pi=u--sTaNSRATF2r

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Air Skwirl posted:

So he wants to live forever and never have pizza, beer or donuts again.

Dude, just become Catholic and commit suicide and you can go to Hell for free.

https://x.com/MailOnline/status/1770129910754885941

I will lead the rebellion to overthrow this fascist government

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I will lead the rebellion to overthrow this fascist government

You have my pizza-greasy sword

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

and you have my *passes out*

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I wonder who the third stupidest billionaire is.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Why would I want to live longer if I’m forsaking all the good poo poo? Yea let me love to be 100 while miserable the whole time.m
E: the most realistic part of Prometheus was that a super rich guy would do anything to live a little longer.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

My tomatoes are coming in :3:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I was thinking about my birthday meal this month and pizza and beer with donuts for dessert sounds perfect for 4/20

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Freaquency posted:

I’m very much live and let live when it comes to people’s musical tastes because hey, whether you like something I like has zero effect on my enjoyment of it, but the kind of person that has to parachute in and say “actually x sucks major rear end” is so painfully tedious. It doesn’t really happen in TFF but I’ve seen it plenty of times in other corners of the forums whenever someone brings up, like, The Beatles or whatever.

This is what people do to girls about stuff they like. Do you know how many times I hear people say that Taylor Swift sucks? Like, a lot. Why does she suck though? Because you don't like her music? She's the biggest pop star in the world right now and she's selling out arenas. She doesn't suck actually. She just caters to girls so people have to poo poo on her.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I have reached the point where I'm a bit too old to feel true shame about what I like musically. I also don't care much what other people like unless I'm explicitly asking for recs. It can be very trying when carpooling with my girlfriend since she loves musicals and I hate them. Her Hamilton phase was torturous for me so I'm more than ok with her current Mean Girls phase.

I legit think that Third Eye Blind's first album is good all the way through. I'm mostly a singles/individual songs lady though. Olivia Rodrigo's pop-punk stuff really works for me on newer pop music too and I'm kinda glad it's coming back a little.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Olivia Rodrigo's pop-punk stuff really works for me on newer pop music too and I'm kinda glad it's coming back a little.

You might enjoy Beach Bunny

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I don’t care what music you listen to. Unless it’s dubstep.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

I like dubstep in small doses but then again I'm a melodic techno / deep house kinda guy

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Just wait for the drop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kod1q39ddE

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Successfully transferred a new colony of bees to a hive solo today after taking a year off. Well, I guess we won't know it was successful until a week or so, but I didn't get stung and the majority of bees (most importantly the queen) were inside it when I shut the box.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I don’t give a poo poo if people listen to music I don’t like, but it is kind of annoying that the “default” music played in the majority of public spaces is stuff I tend to dislike. I wish I could be a person who likes Top 40 but I really don’t. It’s a very mild problem though.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

fartknocker posted:

You have my pizza-greasy sword

And my pizza box shield

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Big cliche country poo poo is one of the few things I will probably judge someone for listening to. Miss me with the dude in a huge cowboy hat and exaggerated twang singing about Jesus and the flag. There’s plenty of good country and blue grass music out there. They come through Colorado all the time. But the big acts are so unbelievably cringe and tied up in politics and religion and stereotypes

I also fundamentally don’t get any genre of electronic music but I’m not gonna hate on anyone for it. I very much came around on hip hop in my 20s so maybe that switch will flip too at some point :v:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I don’t give a poo poo if people listen to music I don’t like, but it is kind of annoying that the “default” music played in the majority of public spaces is stuff I tend to dislike. I wish I could be a person who likes Top 40 but I really don’t. It’s a very mild problem though.

Yeah top 40 doesn’t do anything for me but it’s mostly inoffensive and bland so whatever. I can recognize the greatness of certain acts like Taylor even if it’s not my jam.

I’ll be over here at my dive bar playing the Misfits and Social Distortion.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Docjowles posted:

I also fundamentally don’t get any genre of electronic music but I’m not gonna hate on anyone for it. I very much came around on hip hop in my 20s so maybe that switch will flip too at some point :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSRTHbtlLFc

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
In Cincinnati for a few days. Decided to test the local cuisine.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Top 40 is very hit or miss for me, but sometimes I hear a dumb pop song and it just hits a vibe for me.

I'm very much a sucker for songs I can sing along to

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Lol this just reminded me that I think Madonna's last good song was Hung Up and a friend makes fun of me for liking it when there are far more embarassing things I genuinely like. One Track Lover from Darkplace is a better example and I have absolutely had that playing when she's around, also the good DiC dub Sailor Moon music.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

In Cincinnati for a few days. Decided to test the local cuisine.

smh, didn’t need to post the after pic

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

That isn’t it?

E: misread haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I’ve been getting progressively weirder with my music as I get older. Spent most of last week alternating between Sloppy Jane, CLT DRP, and Free Refills, all highly recommended for atonal electronic screeching with punk vibes. And some Fabienne Delsol because why not