Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

oh agreed, the internet part just bums me out the most

yeah; it'll be interesting to see the scotus decision on missouri vs. biden & whether that'll lead to lessened enshitification or just continue it on the sly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

spacemang_spliff posted:

being a jets fan is a harsher punishment than I or any mod or IK can dish out

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

ArmedZombie posted:

Chen is half right.

chen, like mao, is 70% good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol.

raisin kane
Dec 26, 2019

got it. what is “rerking off”?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Al! posted:

shout out to all the poor black girls who have been compared to beyonce in the bedroom by white guys. real grim poo poo

:wtc:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

loquacius posted:

:dafuq:

Dolly signed off on this?

There’s like 500 different covers of that song and I’m pretty sure she’s gotten paid for all of them. She also supports it because she’s impossibly nice.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

This is actually bullshit about food.

Companies hide all kinds of random poo poo under "natural flavors" and "spices" to the point where I regularly need to clarify by emailing companies whats in those because of a severe allergy in my household that isnt in the big 9 list.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Nobody should have bothered doing any more covers of Jolene after Miley Cyrus released hers IMHO.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
impossibly nicely takin it to the bank, make that money dolly!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

CubanMissile posted:

There’s like 500 different covers of that song and I’m pretty sure she’s gotten paid for all of them. She also supports it because she’s impossibly nice.

I like the Jack White version

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

loquacius posted:

:dafuq:

Dolly signed off on this?

Dolly recorded an intro to the song that starts with "Hey Miss Honey Bee, this is Dolly P. You know, that hussy with the good hair you sang about reminded me of someone I knew back when"

And then she signed all the checks so she could put them into the bank

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
It's kind of wild that to me that the discussion around Melina Abdullah is about some random tweets instead of all the amazing things she organizes for in LA. In my limited experience involved in organizing around homelessness in LA, she and BLM are probably our strongest allies. Like she wasn't picked because she is a black woman, she was picked because she is an amazing organizer who has legitimate respect of those who she works with.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Al! posted:

shout out to all the poor black girls who have been compared to beyonce in the bedroom by white guys. real grim poo poo

Nobody has a thought to spare for the poor white guys who have been compared to beyonce in the bedroom by black girls

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

fits my needs posted:

impossibly nicely takin it to the bank, make that money dolly!

dollywood is real dodgy

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

JesusIsTehCool posted:

It's kind of wild that to me that the discussion around Melina Abdullah is about some random tweets instead of all the amazing things she organizes for in LA. In my limited experience involved in organizing around homelessness in LA, she and BLM are probably our strongest allies. Like she wasn't picked because she is a black woman, she was picked because she is an amazing organizer who has legitimate respect of those who she works with.

literally the only two people who have an issue with her are mcmagic & dave weigel.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

this clip is good bc the youngs have some powerful arguments against vbnmw & also bc the cnn interviewer tries her best to get them to see the folly of their ways but to no avail.

https://twitter.com/CaseStudyQB/status/1778088792471028150

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

tristeham posted:

she's right

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

the youngs even say "here's how to get us to vote biden" and "it's on him if he loses, not us"

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

JesusIsTehCool posted:

she seems cool, don't mind dnc stooge mcmagic.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

mcmagic posted:

Willa would actually like me if i did more trump poo poo......
people would like you if you were actually funny yes

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

the youngs even say "here's how to get us to vote biden" and "it's on him if he loses, not us"

they need to be screamed into compliance with dogwater politics

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Willa Rogers posted:

literally the only two people who have an issue with her are mcmagic & dave weigel.

lol i literally know nothing about her other than that she posted 2 dumb tweets.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mcmagic posted:

lol i literally know nothing about her other than that she posted 2 dumb tweets.

stfu already you attention-mongering loser

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Willa Rogers posted:

this clip is good bc the youngs have some powerful arguments against vbnmw & also bc the cnn interviewer tries her best to get them to see the folly of their ways but to no avail.

lol, the stupid interviewer: "aren't the people not voting for one of the two candidates likely to win giving the race to Donald Trump" liberal-rear end vote shaming

young king: "I'll do you one better: this shows why democrats should listen."

edit: another interviewee: "if biden doesn't get elected--that's his fault. that's not on the voters or the black community"

The Sean has issued a correction as of 21:40 on Apr 10, 2024

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

netizen posted:

Does Biden understand that his is president right now?

I remember in 2020 someone saying Trump’s campaign message was “This stuff wouldn’t be happening if I was president!” I guess that’s going to be the best the incumbent can do for the foreseeable future.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Willa Rogers posted:

stfu already you attention-mongering loser

you keep posting about me

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

let him cook

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
there are similar drugs to mdma if you have trouble finding some

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

mcmagic posted:

*loudly shits pants*

everyone keeps looking my direction
so obsessed with me :smuggo:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The Sean posted:

lol, the stupid interviewer: "aren't the people not voting for one of the two candidates likely to win giving the race to Donald Trump" liberal-rear end vote shaming

young king: "I'll do you one better: this shows why democrats should listen."

edit: another interviewee: "if biden doesn't get elected--that's his fault. that's not on the voters or the black community"

right?

they make a better case for withholding their votes than any democrat has made for voting for biden.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

These kids have come to conclusions that it took me years to figure out on my own. Good for them.

e: I'm slightly disappointed that they didn't answer "Too late" when the CNN interviewer asked what Butcher Biden could do to earn their vote, but that's a very minor nitpick from someone who's twice their age and becoming a curmudgeonly cynic in his middle age.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 21:49 on Apr 10, 2024

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

mcmagic posted:

you keep posting about me

if you want forums superstar willa to clock out id be happy to take a shift at the telling mcmagic he's dumb as gently caress factory

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

i admit i dont have the same cachet but ive been reading your stupid as gently caress posts just as long as she has

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

These kids have come to conclusions that it took me years to figure out on my own. Good for them.

e: I'm slightly disappointed that they didn't answer "Too late" when the CNN interviewer asked what Butcher Biden could do to earn their vote, but that's a very minor nitpick from someone who's twice their age and becoming a curmudgeonly cynic in his middle age.

by saying it'd take the u.s. to stop giving money to israel they were p. much saying "too late" but in any case the biden idea of a ceasefire (hamas gives back hostages while israel refortifies itself in order to destroy rafah) is far too different from the youngs' idea of a ceasefire (israel is precluded from doing more damage to palestinian people & their infrastructure), if I may be so bold as to intuit what they (I) want.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Right twice.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

by saying it'd take the u.s. to stop giving money to israel they were p. much saying "too late" but in any case the biden idea of a ceasefire (hamas gives back hostages while israel refortifies itself in order to destroy rafah) is far too different from the youngs' idea of a ceasefire (israel is precluded from doing more damage to palestinian people & their infrastructure), if I may be so bold as to intuit what they (I) want.

Very true. The administration keeps playing PR games where they say poo poo like, "We want a permanent ceasefire for six weeks!". A very stupid strategy, since around 70% of Americans are watching the Gaza situation closely, and they'll notice when no progress is being made.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

‘I cannot afford to live’: Gen Z is full of financial angst despite inheriting a golden job market

"Gen Z is coming into the workforce and -- in the grand tradition of what Millennials cringe-ily called “adulting” -- they're complaining about how much easier older generations have had it financially," writes Allison Morrow.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/10/business/gen-zs-financial-angst/index.html

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

"golden job market" lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Love how the center for American progress is CAP