Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://x.com/wojespn/status/1778159142139732122?s=46

we know which side got to woj

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

what has he officially been accused of? last i read was weird WSB-style stock tips and other teams/players betting advice (maybe?) has that been upgraded to something with himself/his team?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Shaquille O'Neal Says He Threw His Olympic Gold Medal Out the Car Window After Winning It in 1996
https://people.com/shaquille-o-neal-threw-olympic-gold-medal-out-car-window-8624714

The Hall of Famer said he was "so mad" about the Vietnam war after only playing the final two minutes of the game at the Atlanta Olympics

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/04/and-ones-west-mvp-race-all-nba-comanche.html
Nuggets center Nikola Jokic is the runaway winner in the latest MVP straw poll conducted by Tim Bontemps of ESPN, earning 85 of 100 first-place votes from the media members who submitted mock ballots.

mdemone posted:

Gangtag me that please

This has easily been LBJs best 3P shooting season:

code:
Season	 Age	Tm	3NP
2023-24	 39	LAL	84
2012-13	 28	MIA	55
2013-14	 29	MIA	42
2017-18	 33	CLE	41
2021-22	 37	LAL	35

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/bballforever_/status/1775325938647236876

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/04/southwest-notes-green-ivey-wemby-popovich-pelicans.html
“When I threw the ball, I thought, ‘Yeah, I remember players being fined for this,'” Wembanyama said. “But they always threw it in a bad way. I threw it to please somebody. It’s not like I was trying to hurt anybody.”

Jokic is on the cusp of history. Few players have ever led the league in OBPM and DBPM simultaneously. But nobody has done it for three straight seasons:

code:
Season	Player			OBPM	Tm	Player			DBPM
2023-24	Nikola Jokic 		9.05	DEN	Nikola Jokic 		4.39
2022-23	Nikola Jokic 		8.51	DEN	Nikola Jokic 		4.50
2021-22	Nikola Jokic 		9.21	DEN	Nikola Jokic 		4.51

2011-12	LeBron James 		8.21	MIA	LeBron James 		2.69

1988-89	Michael Jordan		8.44	CHI	Michael Jordan		3.44
1987-88	Michael Jordan		8.80	CHI	Michael Jordan		4.16

1975-76	Kareem Abdul-Jabbar	5.54	LAL	Kareem Abdul-Jabbar	3.00

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1778159142139732122

Awww yeah getting that good poo poo.

Ammanas posted:

what has he officially been accused of? last i read was weird WSB-style stock tips and other teams/players betting advice (maybe?) has that been upgraded to something with himself/his team?

No one has like actual access to private discord channels, that we've seen, but uh, there were massive outlier amounts of money being bet on Johntay Porter prop bets.

It's pretty reasonable to put the guy who's doing the prop bet and gambling advice grift under the microscope when suddenly there is a ton of action on his prop bets lol.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

as if Glen Taylor wouldn't be doing this himself

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

fart simpson posted:

if your talking about the celtics and bucks, they did drive to the basket a bunch and the refs just refused to call literally any fouls at all

what the gently caress, I would never voluntarily watch the Celtics, remove this post!!

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

If I were doc rivers I’d be thrilled at this news because it makes their inevitable first round loss not his fault even though he sucks poo poo and lost a bunch of games in the regular season he shouldn’t have

Dr. Rivers would throw Jerry and Jeanie Buss under a bus if given the opportunity. He'd throw a bus under a bus if it was possible.

The 2024 Bulls signature moment to wind down the season. Now we can focus on and enjoy the 1-9 White Sox. Thank you Jerry Reinsdorf!!

kingcobweb posted:

Whenever I see tweet embeds about the Warriors here I panic that it’s monkeu

Who should've/would've/could've guessed that LBJ at the age of nearly 40 would have a higher 3P% than Curry.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

as if Glen Taylor wouldn't be doing this himself

quote:

Through separate spokespersons, both Taylor and the Lore-Rodriguez group declined comment.
Yeah for sure Woj. Taylor refused to talk to you as did all his employees. Absolutely

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Celtics become 1st NBA team to shoot no free throws. Boston, Bucks combine for record-low 2 attempts
https://sports.yahoo.com/celtics-become-1st-nba-team-021355972.html

Starts Data Added for Knicks Back to 1964-65
https://www.sports-reference.com/blog/2024/04/starts-data-added-for-knicks-back-to-1964-65/

Additionally, we have recently found games started for the Chicago Bulls back to 1970-71, so we hope to soon have an extra decade of starts coverage for the Bulls.

predicto posted:

The center position is not completely dead.

The center is dead. The center remains dead. And we have killed him.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

RIP KAT's knee. Glad he already secured the bag.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

kingcobweb posted:

It’s extremely funny that the Bucks panic-fired a coach for only winning 69.8% of their games and replaced him with one who’s been under .500.

They’re gonna lose 7 straight to end the season without Giannis and he’s gonna be sitting at 16-24 and I’m gonna scream

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Dexo posted:

No one has like actual access to private discord channels, that we've seen, but uh, there were massive outlier amounts of money being bet on Johntay Porter prop bets.

It's pretty reasonable to put the guy who's doing the prop bet and gambling advice grift under the microscope when suddenly there is a ton of action on his prop bets lol.

yeah theres definitely reason to investigate but i hadn't heard of an actual accusation levied by the league.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

fart simpson posted:

lol what is up with the scheduling re: the knicks and bulls just playing each other a bunch of times in a row to end the season

The 2023 season and 2024 season have turned out to be an odd contrast. The standard deviation of SRS last year was 3.86 (the lowest in over fifteen years). The standard deviation of SRS this year is 5.36 so far. The highest in the NBA since 1973.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm normally an underdog guy but I'm coming around on Wemby the more I hear about his demeanor.

Anyway I came by to say the Cuban hung out with the Maryland football team to watch the eclipse for some reason.

According to 247 he was giving them a talk about how awesome and hard working he is.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 10, 2024

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'm pro-Wemby until he comes to dominate the league and personally own my favorite team, at which time I plan to reevaluate my position

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

I'm pro-Wemby until he comes to dominate the league and personally own my favorite team, at which time I plan to reevaluate my position

im anti-texas so i wont support the spurs unless they move to austin and austin secedes from the rest of the garbage state

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Lockback posted:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1778025887092572667

It looks like a Soleus strain, which is usually ~2 week recovery. Obv the worry here is he pushes to come back too quickly and risks Achilles or other lower leg injuries.
Last night was fun on NBA Twitter because there were about 500 people going "OMG HE SNAPPED HIS ACHILLES BUCKS FANS YOU MIGHT WELL KILL YOURSELVES" above a picture they attached of Giannis clearly grabbing his calf muscle.

I didn't know that your Achilles was slightly below your knee.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 10, 2024

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

Crazy Ted posted:

I didn't know that your calf muscle was slightly below your knee.
Somebody's gotta do something about education in America.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ammanas posted:

im anti-texas so i wont support the spurs unless they move to austin and austin secedes from the rest of the garbage state

Austin is just as bad as the rest of it, sorry bud

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Giggs posted:

Somebody's gotta do something about education in America.
haha jesus I fixed that

Ammanas posted:

Do you think Austin is still "Keep Austin Weird" Austin? Because if you do I have some bad news for you.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Austin is now fully colonized by elon

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The only thing worse than Austin are the fuckin weirdos in 2024 who still put it on some kinda pedestal.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Are we sure there isn't a player in San Miguel Beermen or maybe Rain or Shine Elasto Painters team history that LeBron needs to catch up to??? Let's be thorough here folks.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The play in should be super fun

as of now it's suns warriors and kings lakers
and in the east, sixers hawks and heat bulls.

edit and for my monthly "complaining about zach lowe podcast content" post

It annoys me that Zach does these playoff projections and is like "they'll win that, win that, and win that" when individual NBA games are really not predictable like that. They may win or they may not win.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 10, 2024

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dejan Bimble posted:

It annoys me that Zach does these playoff projections and is like "they'll win that, win that, and win that" when individual NBA games are really not predictable like that. They may win or they may not win.

it's Suns/Kings, Lakers/Warriors, Sixers/Heat, and Bulls/Hawks right now

7/8 play, winner is the 7 seed
9/10 play, loser is out

Loser of 7/8 plays winner of 9/10, winner is 8 seed, loser is out.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

IcePhoenix posted:

it's Suns/Kings, Lakers/Warriors, Sixers/Heat, and Bulls/Hawks right now

7/8 play, winner is the 7 seed
9/10 play, loser is out

Loser of 7/8 plays winner of 9/10, winner is 8 seed, loser is out.

Oh that's really convoluted. I was just looking at the standings on the nba website

I think I'm rooting for the kings, lakers, sixers, and bulls. then kings and sixers.

just for maximum playoff fun

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://twitter.com/GeraldBourguet/status/1777929486685905093

I need answers on what the gently caress is going on on this locker room. Are you making GBS threads me with this.

This team is gonna get blown up this off-season to whatever degree ishbia can wrangle lol. Tonight the clippers are missing Paul George, Kawhi, and harden for sure. Anticipating the suns will grit out a win by like four points max but tbh I’m kind of hoping they lose so I can go ahead and bail until October because this bball whiplash is giving me whiplash.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dejan Bimble posted:

Oh that's really convoluted. I was just looking at the standings on the nba website

It's not really that convoluted at all :confused: It's worked this way every year and they do it to still reward the teams that finished 7/8

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

I think I'm rooting for the kings, lakers, sixers, and bulls. then kings and sixers.

just for maximum playoff fun

if the kings and sixers win their first games the remaining games would be suns/lakers and heat/bulls

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

aBagorn posted:

if the kings and sixers win their first games the remaining games would be suns/lakers and heat/bulls

drat what is this a world cup soccer group

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1778200342544699839?t=6acums2SliDFgWQw8q1E4A&s=19

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Ammanas posted:

I’m also anti-Texas but I’ll always support them big ‘ole women in San Antonio

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Nice. The team is basically locked in for next year. After that gets dicey.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
San Antonio is the only city in Texas worth a dang and it’s still a hellscape of suburban sprawl

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Get that money, Jrue!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I appreciate that the Celtics are really going for it full bore. They probably have the most talent in the league. I still think Denver beats them cause you can't do anything about Jokic, but if they don't crap out, should be a fun series.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Nice. The team is basically locked in for next year. After that gets dicey.

Celtics are gonna be a second tax apron team and can't aggregate salary in trades so the Jrue extension actually makes sense as a trade chip in the future. Lotta other guys in that 33-35M salary range.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I am going to be so loving pissed at that twerpy little Hair Demon when the hawks kmock the bulls out of the play-in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Shinjobi posted:

The only thing worse than Austin are the fuckin weirdos in 2024 who still put it on some kinda pedestal.

I'm not going to give too much credit because apparently they tried to make Tucson more like Austin and just fumbled a lot of bags but I remember a fairly long period where people would just scream about Tucson not 100% welcoming Texas innovation or whatever the gently caress they wanted (More kickbacks of course but after that, I think more breweries? Never was quite clear what the problem was other than the failed attempts at getting kickbacks). I think they eventually went back to Texas or moved to other parts of Arizona that were more pliable.

Dejan Bimble posted:

It's really wild to me because he just gets these predictions wrong so often you think he would reduce his level of confidence by some percentage over time but every year it's the same thing.