Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*Shoots a P90 in a controlled burst in front of frightened villagers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It's not entirely clear whether Simmons died from infection or not in the last episode with the 100,000 year old alien probe.

Also I am continuously flummoxed by how much Goa'uld weaponry and technology the team just leaves on the ground. They could have dozens of Jaffa staffs back at HQ by now for analysis and reproduction. But they always just grab one only to make sure Teal'c still has one.

Like Teal'c and O'Neill just killed like a full battalion of troops all carrying staffs, and didn't even carry them back to the cave all the people were hiding in to help with defense.

In at least one episode they show they have a tech horde under maximum security and it probably requires multiple authorities to sign off on even accessing any of the tech on a case-by-case basis.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's good. Teal'c's staff seems like they use it as a doorstop sometimes

Or the thing where you're running from some guys and you go through a double door, and then you slide the Jaffa staff through the two door handles so the guys chasing you on the other side can't open the door

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 11, 2024

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

If you ask Teal'c to do paperwork he just kinda stares at you until you stop talking.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

tango alpha delta posted:

Rewatched the movie today and I gotta say that Shanks is a much better Daniel Jackson than Spader.

How dare you, James Spader's nuanced and delicate touch, on a character suffering both from desperate loneliness and fractured vindication, spurred him and his career further onwards and upwards to his next film - Crash.

(oh)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grab assing on Abydos....

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

tango alpha delta posted:

Rewatched the movie today and I gotta say that Shanks is a much better Daniel Jackson than Spader.

I am definitely digging James Spader's more recent career over his start.

Also it's hilarious that Shanks isn't much like Daniel. He's apparently a good hockey player and played on the Stargate team in a league with other Vancouver productions.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Love that there were enough shows filming in Vancouver at the same time, allowing each show to have a hockey team for a rec league

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

Love that there were enough shows filming in Vancouver at the same time, allowing each show to have a hockey team for a rec league

I wanna know league stats

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ok when I started this episode I did not think it would pivot to giving a child ECT, lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ok when I started this episode I did not think it would pivot to giving a child ECT, lol

What episode?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

redshirt posted:

What episode?

Teal'c's son brainwashed by Apophis, early season 2. They give him electro shock

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Teal'c's son brainwashed by Apophis, early season 2. They give him electro shock

lol YOU FAIL DOGS TAURI!!!!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ok now Daniel is in Abydos and Share is pregnant with Apophis baby. But she has her own mind while pregnant cause the Goa'uld within sleeps.

Uh hey guys why don't you gate yourselves directly to Cimmaron where Thor's hammer will fix your entire problem.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ok now Daniel is in Abydos and Share is pregnant with Apophis baby. But she has her own mind while pregnant cause the Goa'uld within sleeps.

Uh hey guys why don't you gate yourselves directly to Cimmaron where Thor's hammer will fix your entire problem.

They broke Thor's Hammer.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

redshirt posted:

They broke Thor's Hammer.

Thor replaced it three episodes ago with a new one that works the same way except it doesn't affect Teal'c

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Thor replaced it three episodes ago with a new one that works the same way except it doesn't affect Teal'c

Sweeet. Thor's a real one.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I bet that even if SG-2 isn't running around picking up the leftover staff weapons the SG1 leaves behind, there's definitely a NID black ops team that's doing it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Last episode: Teal'c deals with his feelings about being cuckolded by his wife.
This episode: Daniel Jackson deals with his feelings about being cuckolded by his wife. Also Ra's son Heru'ur shows up to kidnap his wife. Daniel Jackson hosed Heru-ur's mom by the way.
B plot: A reporter has information that will lead to the arrest of Hilary Clinton

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

I mean, I'm no Goa'uld, but if my human host thought she could get all tricky on me - you bet your rear end I'd take over waaaay before I ended up on Cinnamon world, gently caress that kid

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bucnasti posted:

I bet that even if SG-2 isn't running around picking up the leftover staff weapons the SG1 leaves behind, there's definitely a NID black ops team that's doing it.

SG3 seems like the dedicated heavy duty Marine team. I don't ever recall hearing about SG2 even once.

Or SG4.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Maybe it's like the rest of the military where they don't use sequential numbers.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

SG2's leader is Kawalasky

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Chronojam posted:

SG2's leader is Kawalasky

Short lived if so.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Chronojam posted:

SG2's leader was Kawalasky

FTFY

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
Hammond of Texas regularly makes reference to SG-2, even in seasons 2/3/4

(ask me in a few weeks about other seasons)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

Hammond of Texas regularly makes reference to SG-2, even in seasons 2/3/4

(ask me in a few weeks about other seasons)

Drop one reference, if you would.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

They're in the episode with the Harcesis and Oma and Daniel thinking he's learning how to use psychic powers

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bucnasti posted:

Stealing every piece of alien tech and csrrying it back to base is more of an x-com job

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tunicate posted:

Stealing every piece of alien tech and csrrying it back to base is more of an x-com job

NDI

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

redshirt posted:

Drop one reference, if you would.

SG-2 were backup bitches (read: body count) on the Chaakkkaaaaaa (Unas) episode

Also, actor in SG-2 also went on to be Camulus

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

If you ask Teal'c to do paperwork he just kinda stares at you until you stop talking.
Interestingly, this works in the opposite way if he's using it as an interrogation technique.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

"sir we can't shut down the gate and someone is trying to force the iris open remotely"

*sgt siler jams a chair against the iris, saving earth*

"we're safe, for now, everyone report to the mess hall for jello cubes"

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

redshirt posted:

Yeah, exactly. In later seasons every SG member is armed with a Zat if they choose.

When the current new viewers get to Zats don't forget to link them to the interview where Shanks tells us how much he hates the prop.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I liked how cleanly they were able to resolve the ethical problem of Teal'c's wife remarrying (due to Teal'c being gone for like six months), luckily he was breathing everybody so Teal'c's best friend disintegrated him with no moral complications.

Also why are we sending his family to the land of light? I don't think anyone in the land of light knows how to tie their shoes. Live on Earth with Teal'c!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I liked how cleanly they were able to resolve the ethical problem of Teal'c's wife remarrying (due to Teal'c being gone for like six months), luckily he was breathing everybody so Teal'c's best friend disintegrated him with no moral complications.

Also why are we sending his family to the land of light? I don't think anyone in the land of light knows how to tie their shoes. Live on Earth with Teal'c!

lol the Land of Light is where we send all our "special" friends.

Fuckin Tollans are like, R U KIDDING ME BRO?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

It's been longer than 6 months, the episodes take place on roughly the date they aired.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sam's dad trying desperately to get her into NASA so she can go to space and fulfill her dreams is pretty sad but also deeply funny.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Jacob is a great character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sam's dad trying desperately to get her into NASA so she can go to space and fulfill her dreams is pretty sad but also deeply funny.

Yep. He calls in "markers" and everything to try to help his daughter, and she wants to tell him "Dad, I'm in SG1, I go offworld like every day" but she can't.