Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol so that footage went down pretty much exactly as people said it did. It wasn't really anything, Punk was an rear end and kinda choked Perry, but it was barely anything. We already knew Punk was an rear end in a top hat

It's really funny that TK said he feared for his life from that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

but where was chris jericho during all of this

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I think the footage makes Puk look like a bigger rear end in a top hat. And made Tony sound like a little bitch since he “feared for his life”

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
It made Punk look like an rear end in a top hat for being the sole aggressor but Punk was already a known rear end in a top hat.

Other than that he didn't really lie about anything in the encounter to Helwani.

Punks entire character right now in WWE is that he's an rear end in a top hat loving around with Drew McIntyre.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

lol so that footage went down pretty much exactly as people said it did. It wasn't really anything, Punk was an rear end and kinda choked Perry, but it was barely anything. We already knew Punk was an rear end in a top hat

It's really funny that TK said he feared for his life from that

You can literally see him lunge at Tony at the end of the clip.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

can you weirdos stop repeating the thing about how aew was trying to prove cm punk was lying about what happened or whatever. they showed it to make people watch and the segment was about perry and ftr. i have little doubt you believe the bucks were shooting when they were setting it up

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

you can see Punk screaming something to where Tony is sitting, I would bet money that was when Tony feared for his life because Punk most likely came off very threatening.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shard posted:

you can see Punk screaming something to where Tony is sitting, I would bet money that was when Tony feared for his life because Punk most likely came off very threatening.

https://twitter.com/AaronWrotkowski/status/1778226095445160047

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

He fears a scream? What is Punk? The Dragonborn?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

He knows Punk is a real shooter and could end his life in a heartbeat.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cavauro posted:

can you weirdos stop repeating the thing about how aew was trying to prove cm punk was lying about what happened or whatever. they showed it to make people watch and the segment was about perry and ftr. i have little doubt you believe the bucks were shooting when they were setting it up

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They proved punk was lying, good poo poo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pylons posted:

You can literally see him lunge at Tony at the end of the clip.

Yeah so why would you fear for your life if Punk lunged at you? You've seen his MMA career and just saw how he couldn't even take out Jungle Boy even with a sneak attack

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

You can't breech the sacred space between a poster and his monitors, Khan vindicated

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah so why would you fear for your life if Punk lunged at you? You've seen his MMA career and just saw how he couldn't even take out Jungle Boy even with a sneak attack

You're surrounded by a bunch of electrical equipment and monitors that can be knocked over because they're inanimate objects and can't dodge out of the way of Punk's sucker punches.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tony Khan haters need him to be so powerful that he destroys everything and could survive an attack from CM Punk and so weak that he's incapable of doing anything and would die if Punk touched him. Interesting

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

people are allowed to fear for their lives even from the untrained. I work with the homeless, people who got out of jail, drug addicts and a lot of them are in rough rough shape and I can promise you they can be very threatening.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

wrong thread

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
people seem to be overlooking that Punk takes a swing at Jack's head while Joe is pulling him back. he might even hit him. complete loving psycho

not that a CM Punk punch is a grave danger to anyone

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I do like that in the telling of the story by multiple people bumping the monitors at Gorilla turned into Tony getting buried under a pile of monitors.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

They proved punk was lying, good poo poo

There are idiots who think this proves punk was telling the truth lol. I guess they think maybe getting someone in a front face lock means you are def choking them and have won the fight

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Yeah it does look like Punk swings at the end there but Perry is getting pulled in the opposite direction and I'm fairly sure is out of range at that point.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

I do like that in the telling of the story by multiple people bumping the monitors at Gorilla turned into Tony getting buried under a pile of monitors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vefyThqTzyU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BigDefEnergy/status/1778228871566901613

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/JefferyLost/status/1778231159450968291

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Just noticing Malakai Black just wandering in with his coffee at the end.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah if punk had thrown one of those monitors he 100% could have killed khan if he wanted to. hes a washed up wrestler but hes still got strength training, he could pick up one of those things and bean someone in the head with them, and hes clearly acting unhinged

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

not that i think punk is a psychopathic murderer but tony khan is a sheltered nepobaby with a pro wrestler lunging at him surrounded by 100 pound things he could be beaten over the head with, its not unreasonable to fear for your life

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Le Saboteur posted:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

What that footage made me wonder is those two are clearly having a heated conversation in earshot of a bunch of people and no one steps in to just try and chill it out.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I have a feeling it's gonna be a good week of posting

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think everyone at aew needs to have their internet taken away from them

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Was it even particularly good crash tv?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I think if they were going to use the tape to get people to watch they should have had a good show to go with it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Airing the footage made the crowd chant for CM Punk lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Was it even particularly good crash tv?

I loved it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jackie D posted:

I think if they were going to use the tape to get people to watch they should have had a good show to go with it

good news, they are and it's still in progress!

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

It went off the air when the Penta-Edge match ended

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Showing the footage and having Ospreay say the other poo poo was kind of a mistake, not for obvious reasons but because now WWE knows they can just casually poke at AEW and cause an entire show to be derailed. This might be the first time I’ve seen an AEW show have only one match in a wholeass hour, they sacrificed so much airtime just to cope about poo poo. It’s a bad precedent and it might be legit the first time I’m kind of concerned about how easily shook TK is now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

DLC Inc posted:

Showing the footage and having Ospreay say the other poo poo was kind of a mistake, not for obvious reasons but because now WWE knows they can just casually poke at AEW and cause an entire show to be derailed. This might be the first time I’ve seen an AEW show have only one match in a wholeass hour, they sacrificed so much airtime just to cope about poo poo. It’s a bad precedent and it might be legit the first time I’m kind of concerned about how easily shook TK is now

yeah i got the vapors and had to lay down after will referenced something in a good promo