Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I was planning on my grange display being all the legendary fish, smoked, with their respective aged roes. A smoked gold star Legend is worth 20k.

That'll have to wait for Fall Y3 since I missed the Ice Pip in Winter Y1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

HopperUK posted:

You can't do that! You can't just have an opinion like that!

I love the thread too. And when I bitch about Stardew characters it's just because it's fun to be a bit mean to fictional people that it can't hurt. I don't think Pierre is the worst, I just enjoy calling him names. Clint I *do* think comes off much creepier than was perhaps intended.

It's definitely intended. Every chance CA has taken over the years to add more dialogue for Clint, he's just made him creepier.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Eric the Mauve posted:

It's definitely intended. Every chance CA has taken over the years to add more dialogue for Clint, he's just made him creepier.

It's possible it might not have been intended originally, but when you see everyone land on the exact same take of a developing character there's no reason not to acknowledge and lean into it.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
yea like abigail and the rocks

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Saw a Christmas train! It dropped a mystery box. :3:

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

I just wanna know what Gunther's deal is. Man rolls up to the community center completion ceremony listening to Pierres big rousing speech like "yeah you tell 'em," as though he's ever been an active member of the community. What are you, you strange blue archaeologist cowboy?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Cambria Bold posted:

I just wanna know what Gunther's deal is. Man rolls up to the community center completion ceremony listening to Pierres big rousing speech like "yeah you tell 'em," as though he's ever been an active member of the community. What are you, you strange blue archaeologist cowboy?

I always assumed he was a ghost.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
there is a mod that turns gunther and the mariner into blue ghosts which fits well imo

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

HopperUK posted:

You can't do that! You can't just have an opinion like that!

I love the thread too. And when I bitch about Stardew characters it's just because it's fun to be a bit mean to fictional people that it can't hurt. I don't think Pierre is the worst, I just enjoy calling him names. Clint I *do* think comes off much creepier than was perhaps intended.

i agree with this post. and i cannot help but post things explicitly to Cause Trouble and Stir Anger. it is my nature :twisted:

Mad Wack posted:

there is a mod that turns gunther and the mariner into blue ghosts which fits well imo

what other ghosts would they be

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Radia posted:

i agree with this post. and i cannot help but post things explicitly to Cause Trouble and Stir Anger. it is my nature :twisted:

Ghosts that drown are blue! That's the rules.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So how did Grandpa end up dying?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Leal posted:

Autoerotic accident.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Radia posted:

there is an option to make them white ghosts like in da mines

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

What am I supposed to do to get stuff from the train? For once I was there as soon as it arrived, and it didn't drop anything.

I need a ruling. If I plant something on the morning of Spring 10, and the thing is harvested 15 days later, does that mean Spring 15 or Spring 16? Fencepost errors, man.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I need a ruling. If I plant something on the morning of Spring 10, and the thing is harvested 15 days later, does that mean Spring 15 or Spring 16? Fencepost errors, man.

Spring 25

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Thanks for reading what I meant, not what I typed!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Leal posted:

Got stuck in that weird angle between his bed and the wall

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Spirit's Eve in East Scarp, Co-op.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Me during the green rain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0hn8OogMDY&t=162s

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Leal posted:

He put too many Qi Gems in his mouth.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Sadness because Lewis was keeping their relationship a secret.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

omg that's why he can't commit to Marnie ... when he's having a drink "in your grandfather's honor" he's probably not even looking at her 😞

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Leal posted:

tragic weird bed accident for gramps thats why he died. look how unstable that bed hes in at the start is

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
This youtube sketch about grandpa and his bed made me think of this thread. "Some unknown disease, I don't know-it's not important" is now my headcannon for the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPfZMeUqKk4

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Yesterday I got engaged to Leah and immediately thereafter Demetrius issued veiled threats about my place in his daughter's future. OK dude.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

effervescible posted:

Yesterday I got engaged to Leah and immediately thereafter Demetrius issued veiled threats about my place in his daughter's future. OK dude.

Almost makes me want to Spite-marry Maru. And only because I can’t Spite-marry his wife.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Actually gently caress it, give me a mod that lets me set Caroline, Marnie, and Robin up in a throuple. Their combined prowess (farming, ranching, and building) sets them up to be the new main competition to our PC (in a friendly competition way). Shane runs the new store, Abigail joins the adventurer’s guild, and Pierre and Lewis wind up living together alone. Demetrius winds up living with Linus, and Sebastian moves in with Sam and they get serious about their band.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Linus doesn't deserve that.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Saxophone posted:

Almost makes me want to Spite-marry Maru. And only because I can’t Spite-marry his wife.

there's mods for that chief

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
I wish I could just chill with Linus in the Spa all day. Grab a couple crisp beers..

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
I put the mayo in the soup, Ray

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Guigui posted:

This youtube sketch about grandpa and his bed made me think of this thread. "Some unknown disease, I don't know-it's not important" is now my headcannon for the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPfZMeUqKk4

Lmao, thanks for this. "You don't wanna know.. I'm taking care of it though"

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I'm trying to fish for Legend on a rainy spring day with 13 fishing and am getting gently caress all. I know pre 1.6 the text about only being able to catch it after all the other legendary fish was wrong, has it been changed to be accurate now?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I don’t believe so. You’re either unlikely or not meeting the tile requirements most likely

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I don’t believe so. You’re either unlikely or not meeting the tile requirements most likely

No I'm fishing in the right spot, I've caught it before on other files so I know where to go

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Butterfly Valley posted:

No I'm fishing in the right spot, I've caught it before on other files so I know where to go

you're just unlucky then i got it NP before i had the rest just a few days ago

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Sweet thanks all

MehrTentakelnBitte
Jun 27, 2014

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhl'apn
Still catching up with the thread, but FYI for "halfway" cheaters using the farmer name item spawner: Your Ex* will always say your name and nothing else.

I'm allergic to mod managers, so refuse to use anything SMAPI. The name spawner cheat felt justified because it was a built in "feature", and was limited by finding someone who said your name and how long I felt like bugging them. Obvious cheat, but felt better than just save editing in some money. Gus and Lewis were go to's that got patched, and using the phone is too tedious! Bumped into my Ex in the Halloween maze tho... no time limit and they don't wander? I felt like a super creep irl lol, but they paid for both community upgrades in like 5 min.

*:yikes:I'm doing a completionist run and almost half the spouses come with exclusive items or changes to the town... it's fine, I'll just wipe their memories when I'm done! :V

e: goddamnit, Leah's event only happens outside of Winter, I'm stuck with her for 3 more weeks! orz

MehrTentakelnBitte fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 12, 2024

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Saxophone posted:

Actually gently caress it, give me a mod that lets me set Caroline, Marnie, and Robin up in a throuple. Their combined prowess (farming, ranching, and building) sets them up to be the new main competition to our PC (in a friendly competition way). Shane runs the new store, Abigail joins the adventurer’s guild, and Pierre and Lewis wind up living together alone. Demetrius winds up living with Linus, and Sebastian moves in with Sam and they get serious about their band.
Pierre and Lewis wind up roommates with Clint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Poil posted:

Pierre and Lewis wind up roommates with Clint.

I don't know that I'd be willing to subject either of them to Clint. At least Pierre and Lewis are capable of getting any.