Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Troy Queef posted:

Schiavone's expression said it all about it

Yeah man, that shoot by FTR afterwards also really told you what you needed to know. Hope they don't get in trouble for coming out unscheduled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

lots of people who would benefit from a big hawaiian looking guy dragging them away from their keyboards tonight

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lmao

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
AEW derailed almost 20 minutes of precious tv time because Punk basically told the truth slightly embellished when asked by Ariel Helwani and Triple H took a veiled shot at Ospreay (probably) on the Pat McAfee show. That's not like a great sign for these guys.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

You don't have to wake up and read it

thats what you think

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Lmao

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Le Saboteur posted:

AEW derailed almost 20 minutes of precious tv time because Punk basically told the truth slightly embellished when asked by Ariel Helwani and Triple H took a veiled shot at Ospreay (probably) on the Pat McAfee show. That's not like a great sign for these guys.

Do you think they wouldn't have promoted Young Bucks vs. FTR and Ospreay vs. Danielson if it weren't for Punk and Triple H

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Happiness posted:

lots of people who would benefit from a big hawaiian looking guy dragging them away from their keyboards tonight

hahahaha

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

as predicted the pearl clutching has begun

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Le Saboteur posted:

its quite Concerning

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This is the official normal opinion to have on the Tape situation:

+ Kind of disappointing content-wise
+ Having the heel Bucks introduce it in a smarmy way while still trying to get across the point of "this is CM Punk attacking a coworker like a psycho" is a tough line to walk and they didn't quite nail it
+ That being said, the Bucks using it as an excuse for their last loss is very good
+ FTR promo was kind of awkwardly sequenced coming immediately after the tape but the content of the promo was solid
+ Not gonna say that it was fully "worth it" to air it but it's also fine that they did; FTR-Bucks 4 wasn't going to have a more interesting build than this anyway

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

The fed spent 20 minutes of WM advertising rear end wipes

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

that was twenty minutes they could have spent on entrances and stare downs

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

those 20 minutes could have been used for Cinema

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

A guy who had the joy of commenting on professional wrestling again fearing going back to Starbucks

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
Tony is never winning booker of the year again lol. He's in his Bischoff 99 nervous breakdown era.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If the amount of stupid motherfuckers suddenly showing up in this thread is any indication, that was probably one of AEW's most watched quarters in a while.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Tony's already proven that WWE gets under his skin extremely easy and they're gonna keep poking at it cause they know it'll make him do the dumbest poo poo possible every week til the companies dead and buried

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Drakkel posted:

Tony's already proven that WWE gets under his skin extremely easy and they're gonna keep poking at it cause they know it'll make him do the dumbest poo poo possible every week til the companies dead and buried

Like this one. This dumb motherfucker. Possibly the dumbest motherfucker of all of the dumb motherfuckers.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

AEW in the mud

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ringo Roadagain posted:

What does any of this mean?

In execution it came off as a bad idea to make the All In Fight and moving on from the CM Punk issue an on air babyface thing and make AEW Bosses/Bucks crying about it insincerely hurting them personally the heels. Specially when the babyfaces then come out right after calling them bitter losers for caring about something in the past and burning the good will they've been building up until the heels started digging up this black eye on the company again. Then when the Bucks came out they were greeted with loud CM Punk chants which AEW has mostly avoided, having their crowds care about that guy, Even In Punk's home town of Chicago, until tonight when they aired footage for this worked shoot angle.

The segments and promos didn't do anything to get me invested in another Bucks/FTR match, in fact the only thing it did was make me suspect that Perry is costing FTR the titles at Dynasty. Though I guess CM Punk chants would probably be inevitable if they're bringing Scapegoat Jack Perry back since that's all his gimmick seems to be.

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
The Warner cancellation announcement is going to hit like crack.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Malikov posted:

Tony is never winning booker of the year again lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Drakkel posted:

Whelp the WCW 2000 label is permanently stuck in now, the only thing this accomplished is ensuring nobody will ever see this company as anything but a joke ever again so I guess I'll just hope they get in a few more good PPVs before it burns to ground cause at least they do that right

Malikov posted:

Tony is never winning booker of the year again lol. He's in his Bischoff 99 nervous breakdown era.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

its quite Concerning

Chris James 2 posted:

:agreed: with everything except this isn't the first time I'm concerned how easily shook Tony is

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
Dave is going to poo poo all over this with WCW comparisons. I legit thought they'd outlive the grifters like Cornette and Bischoff but now I'm not so sure :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Malikov posted:

Dave is going to poo poo all over this with WCW comparisons. I legit thought they'd outlive the grifters like Cornette and Bischoff but now I'm not so sure :(

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Wwe poking at aew. Not a big deal. keep up the good work Paul. Aew poking back at wwe. Tony is gotten to. Company is dead.

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Poor JUNGLE BOY, caught in the Quan Qrossfire :( Very comparable to what happened to the real life scapegoat he shares his name with

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The crowd chanted for CM Punk tonight so that tells you what that footage did for AEW

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Codependent Poster posted:

The crowd chanted for CM Punk tonight so that tells you what that footage did for AEW

No it doesn't

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

In execution it came off as a bad idea to make the All In Fight and moving on from the CM Punk issue an on air babyface thing and make AEW Bosses/Bucks crying about it insincerely hurting them personally the heels. Specially when the babyfaces then come out right after calling them bitter losers for caring about something in the past and burning the good will they've been building up until the heels started digging up this black eye on the company again. Then when the Bucks came out they were greeted with loud CM Punk chants which AEW has mostly avoided, having their crowds care about that guy, Even In Punk's home town of Chicago, until tonight when they aired footage for this worked shoot angle.

The segments and promos didn't do anything to get me invested in another Bucks/FTR match, in fact the only thing it did was make me suspect that Perry is costing FTR the titles at Dynasty. Though I guess CM Punk chants would probably be inevitable if they're bringing Scapegoat Jack Perry back since that's all his gimmick seems to be.

I ain’t reading all this but the bucks will be fine. They are some of the best in the business.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Wwe poking at aew. Not a big deal. keep up the good work Paul. Aew poking back at wwe. Tony is gotten to. Company is dead.

WWE doesn't waste their actual tv shows ever talking about their competitors in any real way.

Both the events that caused this response occurred on The MMA Hour and The Pat McAfee Show.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I’d hate to see what happens to AJ when she asks punk to choke her a little in bed.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

WWE doesn't waste their actual tv shows ever talking about their competitors in any real way.

Both the events that caused this response occurred on The MMA Hour and The Pat McAfee Show.

Yawn

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Le Saboteur posted:

OH MY loving GOD.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

lol cmon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
THERE'S NO WAY YOU PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY THIS loving STUPID AND IGNORANT.