Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

been using all my stamina to pre-farm up the talent mats for Aventurine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bussamove posted:

I imagine Talia’s decent if you need to get up to that BE breakpoint? Every support can benefit from Ageless and Keel though.

Yeah, I lucked into a decent Talia's set. Attack orb and rope with decent crit subs and a break effect rope if I want more break.

Generally, I have him with a trash Luofu set because he's on my DoT team. His outgoing healing is still over 100%, which is all that usually matters.

CandyCrazy posted:

I'm thinking of using Gallagher on teams that primarily feature (leaked character) Harmony Trailblazer so I farmed Talia, since you primarily want to stack break effect and speed there.

Why more break than necessary for Gallagher? I imagine on that team, you're going for Xueyi or Boothill. Those are the ones you want maximum break on. Right?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

CandyCrazy posted:

I'm thinking of using Gallagher on teams that primarily feature (leaked character) Harmony Trailblazer so I farmed Talia, since you primarily want to stack break effect and speed there.

they better give us the fukkin bat back

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Because Harmony Trailblazer Ult lets you do break damage again when hitting broken targets.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I forgot that part.

Also, why are we suddenly spoilering that character? We've talked openly about them since 2.0. Hell, someone posted a video of their animations 2 pages back.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

I figured I'd just play it safe, since the character hasn't actually been officially revealed yet.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Managed to get a WTF+ ranked Def rope and a SSS+ ranked orb for my Aventurine. Fribbles now has his FUA doing 40k average damage with my Ruan Mei & S1 Topaz, even though I'm building him defensive with 4.8k Def and Gepard's Light Cone.

Really, really happy with this guy.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Wish more people would err on the side of using spoiler tags tbh.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Generally I feel like characters are safe-er to talk about, because in a gacha game hording resources before they come out is important if you don't want to spend money, but what people consider a spoiler or not is so varied you are never the rear end in a top hat for being overly safe.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

imo if theyve already posted them on twitter their kit and animations are fair game to post because like, thats not secret info or anything and it helps you decide if you want to pull them earlier. all you're 'spoiling' is a stream where they show those. if they havent been announced as upcoming they should be in tags.

ofc its a pretty minor thing cause like. i dont think its spoilers that a character with a unique model and player-sized animations is gonna be playable given development resources.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
does beating swarm v with every path get you anything aside from the cash and crystals?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

160 energy of farming Solsatto got me a Lightning orb with crit damage and an er rope with poo poo subs. Huzzah.

It's great that we have Gallagher. Now I can do 2 classy ladies and 2 degenerates to wreck Cocolia. I almost managed to solo her at max difficulty with Gallagher, but he died on the third phase. gently caress Bronya.

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Wish more people would err on the side of using spoiler tags tbh.

I try not to be an rear end with spoilers, though I do forget sometimes what has and hasn't been spoiled here. Most of the spoilers I come across are from this thread.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I will say the company itself is a bit more open with that sort of thing, as they've already posted the character in questions Ult in promotional material awhile back. They just don't signpost that that is what it is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

padijun posted:

does beating swarm v with every path get you anything aside from the cash and crystals?
It unlocks sonic the hedgehog

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Well, I got some decent planar ornaments for Aventurine, and all the relic exp let me roll the dice on substats to upgrade a couple slots for Black Swan and Herta. Now I've got 10 stars for this MoC. The first half is really what's getting me, my scores this time were 19k and 26k.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Heck yeah managed to pull Luocha, winning my 3rd 50/50 in a row.

I remember there was a lot of chatter awhile ago about light cones... as I recall the solid choices outside his signature is a choice between Perfect Timing & Multiplication? Also am I right in thinking trace priority is Talent & Skill while Ult & Basic can be left alone?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Heck yeah managed to pull Luocha, winning my 3rd 50/50 in a row.

I remember there was a lot of chatter awhile ago about light cones... as I recall the solid choices outside his signature is a choice between Perfect Timing & Multiplication? Also am I right in thinking trace priority is Talent & Skill while Ult & Basic can be left alone?
correct on both points though since he scales with attack his ult and basic do not terrible damage

he can also use quid pro quo if hes on a team that needs extra energy. its a bit rng heavy but it has its uses, and since it only targets allies that have less than 50% energy, depending on your comp and speed cycles you can get it to only targeting the person you need it to.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I would say his lc is a bit of a bait option. Just use Perfect Timing if you want to match people with a lc that has their face on it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The only good thing about his lc is the speed boost on ult. But that's invalidated by the Messenger set. It is good on teams with Hanya to further boost her speed before she ults.

Luocha is the most comfortable sustain in the game. If characters die on his team, they're getting one shot, or your team is too slow. The higher his skill, the less attack he needs. Around 2.2k attack with trace level 8 skill will fully heal most characters other than Blade. Level 10 trace means you can get around with 2k or a little less. So you can build him very tanky.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Endorph posted:

imo if theyve already posted them on twitter their kit and animations are fair game to post because like, thats not secret info or anything and it helps you decide if you want to pull them earlier. all you're 'spoiling' is a stream where they show those. if they havent been announced as upcoming they should be in tags.

ofc its a pretty minor thing cause like. i dont think its spoilers that a character with a unique model and player-sized animations is gonna be playable given development resources.

To be more specific, this character has not actually been posted anywhere. Everyone knows from the leaks but if you don't look at them you would have 0 idea they exist aside from, I dunno, fanartists.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

The only good thing about his lc is the speed boost on ult. But that's invalidated by the Messenger set. It is good on teams with Hanya to further boost her speed before she ults.

What do you mean? The cone effect would stack with someone else's Messenger set (you wouldn't use 4pc on him since his ult targets enemies). When Messenger says "this effect cannot be stacked", it means with another Messenger set. More speed is better.

Also, Luocha scales off attack and the cone provides a lot of attack.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Genovera posted:

What do you mean? The cone effect would stack with someone else's Messenger set (you wouldn't use 4pc on him since his ult targets enemies). When Messenger says "this effect cannot be stacked", it means with another Messenger set. More speed is better.

He doesn't need it. Perfect Timing is more than enough healing, eff res to ensure he doesn't get cced and has easy access to Keel is also much better. It's just a bad value proposition to spend the 80 or whatever pulls it takes on average to get it relative to other 5* light cones.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Eimi posted:

He doesn't need it. Perfect Timing is more than enough healing, eff res to ensure he doesn't get cced and has easy access to Keel is also much better. It's just a bad value proposition to spend the 80 or whatever pulls it takes on average to get it relative to other 5* light cones.

Sure, I use Perfect Timing on him myself since the only 5* cone I've pulled for is Topaz's. But Messenger does not invalidate the speed boost.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think they mean 'invalidate' as in 'messenger can help you hit speed breakpoints too' not 'it literally doesnt work'

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Genovera posted:

I mean it's invalidated because the Messenger set came after the lightcone, and you're likely to have that set on several supports anyway. It's just a nice to have thing rather than a critical boost. Also, Luocha doesn't really need the attack boost unless you're going to build him as a sub dps. You can put nothing but defensive gear on him and he will still over heal with minimal investment. For the longest time, mine only had 5 in his skill and no attack mainstat. He still healed for over 2k. The only really good thing about the cone is the energy regeneration, but only Luocha and Gallagher can actually make use of it. It's probably one of the most unnecessary limited cones.

Some cones are very critical for the character. Jing Yuan's and Argenti’s are massive power spikes. Huo Huo's cuts down on her sp requirements. Etc. Luocha's is just nice to have, but it's not even his best in slot for anything.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Endorph posted:

i think they mean 'invalidate' as in 'messenger can help you hit speed breakpoints too' not 'it literally doesnt work'

Yeah, this really.

Like I said, it's nice to have. 24% attack boost, 12% speed and up to 15% er on ult are all great things. If you want to give Luocha a crit chest piece and max his ult, you pretty much need his lc to make it viable. But his lc doesn't really give him anything that really affects his ability to sustain.

I have it because I'm stupid, so I'll probably eventually make him a dps.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Maybe I'll stop pulling on Luo so I can save up for Topaz who I desperately need for her Chest abilities

I am not gonna comb every inch of the gigantic upside-downy gravity zones for the one chest I'm missing (36/37!) :argh:

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
The real reason to get Topaz is in the trotter reward domains or with wandering trotters, you can just walk up and headshot them while they stand there. I always max my trotter kills in SU ez now.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

madame herta these are for you, throw me a loving bone here

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I just use Asta for my trotter hunting needs. She's very good for the barrel minigame too

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
asta is my number 1 pig murderer

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Tae posted:

I regret Dan IL, boring to play despite with sparkle. Should've gotten black swan.

I regret Seele, who I got only because it was Seele from HI3 and the realized it was nothing like her and then later realized isn’t fun to play at all because they don’t cater to her anymore.

I know it’s blasphemous but I kind of regret building QQ too. She was e6 and I wanted a Seele replacement, and had gotten Sparkle and wanted to try mono quantum but idk it still doesn’t feel “fun” in the way FUA, DoT, Acheron etc. teams feel. Even Argenti is more fun and that’s pretty braindead.

I regret not getting JL but Herta is awesome so I can’t regret that too much. Building Herta is one of the best choices anyone can make in terms of player satisfaction.

I regret being mad I kept getting Himeko dupes at launch too because now she is also fun.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I still greatly desire, in my heart, 1 (one) Himeko. Thank you, bless.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Meowywitch posted:

I still greatly desire, in my heart, 1 (one) Himeko. Thank you, bless.

May you be blessed with chainsaw drone laser lady.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I don't think Seele has fallen off at all, it's just kind of a gear issue? She does need insane gear, but if you can hit 70/200 cr/cd she'll never fall off. Good thing the Quantum domain is good enough to obsessively farm out a set that strong because you can just pass it around if you want and it'll be good on everyone.

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

Meowywitch posted:

Topaz who I desperately need for her Chest abilities

Definitely thought this was a euphemism until I read the second sentence

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

rio posted:

I regret Seele, who I got only because it was Seele from HI3 and the realized it was nothing like her and then later realized isn’t fun to play at all because they don’t cater to her anymore.

I know it’s blasphemous but I kind of regret building QQ too. She was e6 and I wanted a Seele replacement, and had gotten Sparkle and wanted to try mono quantum but idk it still doesn’t feel “fun” in the way FUA, DoT, Acheron etc. teams feel. Even Argenti is more fun and that’s pretty braindead.

I regret not getting JL but Herta is awesome so I can’t regret that too much. Building Herta is one of the best choices anyone can make in terms of player satisfaction.

I regret being mad I kept getting Himeko dupes at launch too because now she is also fun.

If you think Seele and Qingque are boring why do you think Jingliu will solve everything? She is literally the most boring dps in the game.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

New revelation. Critka completely wrecks poo poo even in a regular DoT team. No hypercarry needed. I was doing 200k ults at times in MoC 12. This is fun.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Do bear in mind the current turbulence means the enemy gets hit with a ton of DoTs for free when the trotter explodes and Kafka can trigger all those DoTs with her skill and ult. I wouldn't expect results quite this good otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

That's very true, but I was doing less before the crit build. What I really like is the options. My Critka still has 4k attack while also having 70/140 crit. I can just pair her with Sparkle and Sampo for tons of fun damage.