Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The difference between building Kafka regularly versus building her with crit is that you put crit on top of her existing stats. People don't bother because damage that can crit is a minority of her damage and you can put that energy and farming into developing the rest of your roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

franks posted:

I feel incredibly stupid asking since I haven’t seen anyone else have an issue with it, but end of current patch how did people set their teams for the aventurine boss fight? I got wrecked with one sustain. Then wrecked even harder with two because neither of them could aoe and win the gamble. Seemed like the answer was to find a sustain with decent aoe but I don’t think I have one

I haven’t had any issue with a trailblaze or story quest outside of the first time I tried Argenti, so I feel like I’m missing something really easy

Thanks for the responses on this, turned out the answer was Luocha for me. Spent so much time building Acheron that I hadn’t fully invested in him yet - even always gambling against a 9 his ultimate kept him out of trouble.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah, but when your roster is built, then it's time for memes.

I'm not saying everyone needs to go out and build Critka because it's the best thing ever. But every new relic is just an incremental upgrade for me, so I might as well just do dumb poo poo.

Seeing things boom harder is fun.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Eej posted:

If you think Seele and Qingque are boring why do you think Jingliu will solve everything? She is literally the most boring dps in the game.

Just because a strong ice dps would be handy. Motivated me to build Herta as best I can though, which is more satisfying and fun. I feel like I barely ever need quantum now.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Well my Luocha is only at 70 right now with only like 5 levels in his skill and 4 in his talent and he still just shits out healing. So glad I got this guy. Have two really good sustains now between Gepard & Luocha.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW-uwhWH0F4

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I’m getting some serious whiplash here, Hoyo.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Those are all just quotes from the 2.1 story. Getting lazy, Hoyo.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
That's because 2.1 is an entire trailer to sell you Aventurine

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Also recently the big whoa hell-yeah trailer has been the second one. Stay tuned!

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

It just reuses voice lines from the game, but I imagine he will get a Myriad Celestia and a character trailer too so whatever.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

yea, waiting for those

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best

Tae posted:

I regret Dan IL, boring to play despite with sparkle. Should've gotten black swan.

:same:

After getting archeon I wish I had more DoT chars to mix in with them

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

They've already sold me on Aventurine. I just want to know who the 2.2 rerun is. Hurry up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Video Games posted:

They've already sold me on Aventurine. I just want to know who the 2.2 rerun is. Hurry up.

topaz and fu xuan or argenti is what the leak says

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

That leak is very dubious but Topaz is probably gonna be one of the 2.2 reruns regardless, given that Aventurine and Robin both push for FUA team comps

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boothill also allows monophysical to be a thing so argenti would make sense

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

After getting burned on the 2.1 leak, I don't pay attention to rerun leaks anymore.

I'm waiting for a Topaz rerun for her lc. Hopefully, by 2.3 it will be real.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Acheron is overpowered, sure. But now I want Jiaoqiu to make her absolutely broken

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
So there is finally a 5 Star Pela upgrade coming if the old Jiaoqiu leak is to be believed?

Hopefully Topaz re-run is soon, if you use a follow-up team you won't regret snagging her.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just want Topaz's lc. That alone means I can drop Silver Wolf for Bronya or Sparkle in a Ratio team for more damage.

Alternatively, Aventurine's lc. But I don't think I'll have enough pulls.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

i do want E1 topaz to go along with my aventurine, so yea, gonna be tight rolling on the gems.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

If Topaz is the rerun, I'm going to gamble for her lc and possibly e1. If not, I'll pull for Boothill until I get a 5 star and save for 2.3. I've lost interest in Sam. I wonder who's on that second banner.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
When you lose the 50/50 on a relic:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It sucks for Aventurine. It's decent for about 3 different Harmony characters.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Adventurine seems neat, but gonna skip him because Fu Xuan just makes more sense for my teams, and there's no reason for me to get both.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

What’s boothills deal gameplay wise? I feel like it is really hard for me to want a Hunt most times in this game. The AOE characters do really decent single target and seem generally more playable. I’m not sure what the sales pitch on him is.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Sam Sanskrit posted:

What’s boothills deal gameplay wise? I feel like it is really hard for me to want a Hunt most times in this game. The AOE characters do really decent single target and seem generally more playable. I’m not sure what the sales pitch on him is.

He's a cowboy who forces an opponent into a quickdraw duel at dawn.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Lord_Magmar posted:

He's a cowboy who forces an opponent into a quickdraw duel at dawn.

This is why I specifically asked about gameplay lol. I get what his appeal just not what his gameplay utility is.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

you've lost interest in Sam?!

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Sam Sanskrit posted:

This is why I specifically asked about gameplay lol. I get what his appeal just not what his gameplay utility is.

I think that's also the gameplay utility.

Actual answer is he implants phys weakness and does things with break effect/break damage increases from what I know?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

He's kind of like a 5 star Sushang.

His ult inflicts Physical weakness on the enemy. In the current beta, this doesn't even require effect hit rate. It's just automatic.

His skill is a taunt, so the enemy can only target him. Both he and the enemy deal and receive increased damage to each other, but one of his traces lessens his damage received.

And his lc increases his break effect by 40%. It's currently only good for him and Sushang.

Also, his basic attack is a loving axe kick.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 11, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Meowywitch posted:

you've lost interest in Sam?!

Yes.

I'm not very huge on the whole Kamen Rider thing, I'd still rather have Blade over Sam's gimmick, and I have enough Fire dps. I'd rather have another Blade rerun or a new Wind or Ice dps.

And I'm hoping Jade appears soon since we're getting Aventurine, and she features in his story. I'd rather collect the 10 Stonehearts.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 11, 2024

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Bad Video Games posted:

Yes.

I'm not very huge on the whole Kamen Rider thing, I'd still rather have Blade over Sam's gimmick, and I have enough Fire dps. I'd rather have another Blade rerun or a new Wind or Ice dps.

And I'm hoping Jade appears soon since we're getting Aventurine, and she features in his story. I'd rather collect the 10 Stonehearts.

This is how I feel, in addition to the fact that Sam animation leaks have her using sparkly green energy swords and wings, which completely nullifies the "cool molten fire mecha" aesthetic I originally liked about Sam.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

MarquiseMindfang posted:

This is how I feel, in addition to the fact that Sam animation leaks have her using sparkly green energy swords and wings, which completely nullifies the "cool molten fire mecha" aesthetic I originally liked about Sam.

Ew. Yeah, no.

Jade has to be a Wind follow-up dps. Right? :pray:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Sam Sanskrit posted:

He's a Break DPS. He collects stacks as he breaks enemies, and at max stacks, his enhanced BA deals 170% of his Break damage when attacking a broken enemy. The stacks also increase the toughness damage of his EBA, and he can implant Physical weakness on his Ult as well to open up his applications. He obviously wants (needs, rather) Ruan Mei, but he will also be at his most effective when paired with Bronya or when you tailor his other supports to the enemies' weaknesses to help break enemies faster.

Naturally he's heavily focused on a burst playstyle, since you need to take advantage of the weakness break window and deal as much damage as possible during that period. Damage wise he looks promising so far, there are plenty of 0-cycle showcases out there with him even against bosses like Sam, who isn't physical weak and also has phases where he's break immune, although if there are bosses that specifically make him unable to break (like Yanqing) then he'd be pretty useless in that fight. Although given that both Sam and Harmony TB are also Break-focused characters, it's probably unlikely that they'll put in those types of bosses in the near future.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 11, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

umm i only pull for friendship

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Bad Video Games posted:

Ew. Yeah, no.

Quantum.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Bad Video Games posted:

Quantum Erudition, with a FUA like Aventurine's that is stack based. She buffs an ally's Speed with her skill and that buffed ally also gives her stacks when attacking enemies (per enemy hit). Her ult like Topaz's, it increases her FUA damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So leaks for future Pure Fiction have further increases to mob HP and a dot damage buff instead of follow up / ult.

Im starting to think that mihoyo isnt going to target elements as a hook to have people pull on characters but gimmicks. The idea being that you'll have a dot team, a follow up team, an ult team, normal attack team, break attack team etc.