Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think regardless of how anyone feels about the ethics or class or deservingness or whatever of airing the footage the construct of it was just weird. You had the heels showing the video as an excuse for why their loss to the faces doesn’t count, then you have the faces who were explicitly said to be friends of Punk do the big face promo, and then you have the heels jump them. I’m not surprised some fans chanted “CM Punk”. It was basically structured like a story where he would run in to save his friends against the jerk heels. It was weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
They should have just fully owned it and had Tony come out and do a tight five about the footage instead of shoehorning it into an angle

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.

Jonny Nox posted:

Cody is a bad wrestler with 3 moves. All of which look terrible when he does them.

Has there ever been a better crier than Cody Rhodes?

Meth Rollins
Jun 24, 2005

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Someone in the back?

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006

Trying posted:

good Dustin remains best wrestling Rhodes and best wrestling Dustin

You mean because chuck is hurt?

You mean because chuck is hurt, right?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

ZHamburglar posted:

Has there ever been a better crier than Cody Rhodes?

Paul Castorzano

Only registered members can see post attachments!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

illcendiary posted:

They should have just fully owned it and had Tony come out and do a tight five about the footage instead of shoehorning it into an angle

I think a kind of clunky angle is way preferable to Tony Khan Presents Footage Of CM Punk Looking 10% Worse Than You Might Imagine, personally. In the end the majority of the airtime tonight surrounding The Tape was taken up by the Bucks cutting a good heel promo and FTR cutting a good face promo; I'll take that for an angle I wasn't particularly interested in before the spectre of All In Footage was introduced

AEW has certainly aired plenty of segments with significantly worse moments than backstage footage of a high-profile incident and ~20 seconds of suboptimal chanting. Hell, they aired a much worse segment within the past seven days

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

Someone in the back?

innocent.

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

I phrased my previous posts badly. I don’t give a drat about WWE at all. I’m just so sick of CM Punk. He was fired and now he’s back.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

save us kojima

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The Phantom of the Punkster looming over AEW

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Someone in the back?

can't believe Phony Con would do this

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

STAC Goat posted:

I think regardless of how anyone feels about the ethics or class or deservingness or whatever of airing the footage the construct of it was just weird. You had the heels showing the video as an excuse for why their loss to the faces doesn’t count, then you have the faces who were explicitly said to be friends of Punk do the big face promo, and then you have the heels jump them. I’m not surprised some fans chanted “CM Punk”. It was basically structured like a story where he would run in to save his friends against the jerk heels. It was weird.

This is valid. It does seem a bit generous of them to make the Bucks the villain in all of this when outside of kayfabe it's Punk who can't shut the hell up about AEW.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

op is missing something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz2kTn83LO0

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
chris i see you wrestling on your indie promotion, i'm hyped about the kazusada higuchi match you booked yourself in. I need you to put that basketball jersey on for aew and make eddie kingston's life hell

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

chris i see you wrestling on your indie promotion, i'm hyped about the kazusada higuchi match you booked yourself in. I need you to put that basketball jersey on for aew and make eddie kingston's life hell

:pray:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I would think Stall would be excited about Stardom but nope it's punk punk punk

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Stall_19 posted:

You think Punk was hurt at all with this video? Find me one person who mind was changed in any way with this video. Like Punk got chants in the arena during and after the footage.

do you know literally nothing about Punk or how his brain operates?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

ZHamburglar posted:

Proud to be one of Tiny Tony's Little Stinkers.

I'm proud to be one

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

do you know literally nothing about Punk or how his brain operates?

His brain operates?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Lamuella posted:

His brain operates?

he had the Shibata brain operation

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Majinfoose posted:

I'm proud to be one

the stinker choke of doom

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

fez_machine posted:

he had the Shibata brain operation

diagnosis after removal of punk brain:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

They took his brain out, washed it under a tap, lost it, and replaced it with a portobello mushroom.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

the stinker choke of doom

the stinker choke was rikishi's submission finisher wasnt it

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Hahaha they did the countdown to the Young Bucks

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Jesus, this “You can’t say that, you can’t spread rumors and bash someone on a public forum! That would be very, very unprofessional” bit got me. The Young Bucks are such trolls, it’s great.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

They took his brain out, washed it under a tap, lost it, and replaced it with a portobello mushroom.

Portobello mushrooms are at least tasty. Angry Phil's brain is rotten.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Please, no cheese platter unfunny man articles in the thread.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I miss him so much :(

He said in his Unrestricted podcast interview that he only wants to be onscreen as a wrestler if they can make it special and not just a nostalgia pop and I really do respect that but god what I wouldn't give to hear "K O W KINGS" one last time.

Well hey, at least we've got him vs Kazusada Higuchi in West Coast Pro on Sunday

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
when are we getting an all elite graphic for chris hero? that was an amazing debut.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I will never understand what made Dirtbike Kid thinking he could control his booking.
Dude. You were booked. That's your W.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

punk really should have gotten the shibata procedure

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Take that brain out, carefully scrub all the built up anger out of the wrinkles, put it back in.

Also: send Anna Jay to STARDOM for a year. If she improves as much as she seemed to with one match against Mariah May she'll return as the mighty God-Queen of women's professional wrestling.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Apr 11, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just caught up on the rest of the show and Mariah May getting another insane friend was a real unexpected treat :)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Just caught up on the rest of the show and Mariah May getting another insane friend was a real unexpected treat :)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

https://i.imgur.com/59hd6JZ.mp4

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I don't care what may or may not have popped ratings-wise, but what I do know is, something popped me, and that is thanks to Mina Shirakawa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Just also wanna chime in that Ospreay is gonna be huge as a babyface, he's so good at it.